August 20, 2019, 06:38:50 PM

Author Topic: Cenk Tosun signs - Confirmed by the club  (Read 26732 times)

January 06, 2018, 03:16:54 AM
Read 26732 times

Lxxx

January 06, 2018, 09:02:06 PM
Reply #1

Lxxx

Not really a risk at that kind of money, especially when you see the likes of Andre Gray going for not much less.

March 11, 2018, 04:48:36 AM
Reply #2

Lxxx

He’ll get sharper too. Hasn’t played a full game of football for over two months and he needs to get to know the league and his team-mates better.

He’s a decent grafter who’ll be a steady option to play off and around. Helps he knows where the goal is too.

March 12, 2018, 03:55:08 PM
Reply #3

Lxxx

I don't see anything special about Tosun but then again nor should we expect to yet. He hasn't played a full game of football for over two months, he's been called out by his manager in that time, he's in a different country, different language, different team-mates and into a club which is all over the place.

We'll get a better view if he plays every week from here on in but more likely after a full pre season we'll get a better idea of what he can offer in August. Still, if he continues to hit the back of the net most weeks it won't do his confidence any harm whatsoever.

March 13, 2018, 06:59:38 PM
Reply #4

Lxxx

Can we stop talking about the lad now please. He went last year.

March 17, 2018, 11:46:36 PM
Reply #5

Lxxx

He’s a striker. Might not have the physical attributes of a Lukaku but he knows where the goal is and where to get them.

March 21, 2018, 04:08:41 PM
Reply #6

Lxxx

To the tune of Renegade Master.

Its Cenk once again hes the mega goal blaster,
defence damager,
power through the back line

Cenk once again hes the mega goal blaster,
defence damager,

Cenk once again hes the mega goal blaster,
defence damager,

Repeat until fade.

Hopefully Cenk accompanies this song with a nice jivey dance to go with it when he scores.

Speechless.

April 03, 2018, 03:40:43 AM
Reply #7

Lxxx

Get the sense watching him play that he's gonna be one of those strikers that scores a good number of goals, but doesn't contribute much else to the team.

Which, when not many others contribute much either, isn’t really what’s required. Or expected for £27m.

April 03, 2018, 07:18:09 PM
Reply #8

Lxxx

Unsure what DCL has done to justify this sort of claim. He looks nowhere near ready to play in the PL to me and it would take a huge leap forward in 12 months for him to be good enough for us. He's got potential but can't think of any Premier League club where he would start as a first-choice. Abraham at Swansea is just as good and isn't good enough to be a regular starter for Swansea. Loan to the Championship next season would be ideal I think.

I agree. The lad is neat and tidy but I don't see anything that makes me think he can hold his own at this level. Maybe he'll develop a killer instinct playing every week against a lower standard of opposition but for the time being I don't see much call for him being here next season if we do buy another genuine first team forward.

April 10, 2018, 03:21:14 PM
Reply #9

Lxxx

I'd like to see any striker we bring in to challenge DCL and Tosun have some proper pace so we can rediscover the ability to play on the counter attack again. Fed up of seeing painfully slow build up and balls played in to feet all the time.