June 22, 2018, 10:31:30 PM

Author Topic: Lookman  (Read 28704 times)

February 10, 2018, 05:19:17 PM
Reply #105

AllyBlue14

He's going to play exactly the same role for Leipzig as he did with us. The fact he scored a last minute winner last week when we were losing 5-1 was a stark contrast in fortunes, but ultimately in terms of minutes on the pitch he hasn't picked the best option.

As has been said, he should have been out on loan from the start of the season to continue his education. The fact that he was one of our only fit genuine wide players at the time shows the shortcomings in our summer transfer activity.

I'd also say this has nothing really to do with Allardyce - Lookman isn't going to displace Walcott and we need Sigurdsson to babysit Martina until Baines is back. Bolasie is an option too but has still to prove that he can remember how to actually play football.

February 10, 2018, 06:45:43 PM
Reply #106

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Kid's been in Germany for 10 days. He's two games in.

Can hardly write him off as a 10 min sub and concede either side was right at this stage.

lolol man I thought exactly the same

February 10, 2018, 06:54:10 PM
Reply #107

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Can hardly write him off as a 10 min sub and concede either side was right at this stage.

Yeah as you say it should be remembered both ways.

At the end of the season letís see whatís happened.

February 10, 2018, 06:57:38 PM
Reply #108

Shogun

Administrator
Itís not really the same role, he wasnít even getting substitute appearances for us.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 10, 2018, 06:58:26 PM
Reply #109

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Also he might benefit from the coaching.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 10, 2018, 07:02:34 PM
Reply #110

Ross

Whatís the lad thinking? He could have been watching Derby Norwich today, some of these young English players just want to pick up their massive wages and have no fucking ambition if you ask me. 
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 10, 2018, 07:12:23 PM
Reply #111

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Whatís the lad thinking? He could have been watching Derby Norwich today, some of these young English players just want to pick up their massive wages and have no fucking ambition if you ask me. 

Well from a selfish point of view if heís angling for a move then itís not great, is it?

We want his ambition to be to play for us, going against club wishes doesnít look great at this point (ignoring obvious issues from our side).

If he didnít play for us then Iíd think it was a great move for him, though.

February 10, 2018, 07:13:16 PM
Reply #112

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Itís not really the same role, he wasnít even getting substitute appearances for us.

Ha this is true.

But odd cameos arenít his problem.

February 10, 2018, 07:17:48 PM
Reply #113

Ross

Well from a selfish point of view if heís angling for a move then itís not great, is it?

We want his ambition to be to play for us, going against club wishes doesnít look great at this point (ignoring obvious issues from our side).

If he didnít play for us then Iíd think it was a great move for him, though.

Can you blame him for going against the clubs suggestions with regards to a loan?

Look at the players weíve had out over the last 2 years, thereís been far more badly advised loan deals than good. In fact other than Dowell whoís worked out?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 10, 2018, 07:19:51 PM
Reply #114

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

He was at first.

Scored on his debut for us as well. Then nothing until a meaningless game.

Think he has something about him, and I hope he stays as he could develop into a decent player.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

February 10, 2018, 07:39:17 PM
Reply #115

KoemansNumberTens

He should be loaned to a club where he's playing 60 minutes a week plus. I'll be utterly amazed if that's what he gets in Germany

The odds are allardyce was right. Time will tell though.

February 10, 2018, 08:11:13 PM
Reply #116

van der Meyde

Can you blame him for going against the clubs suggestions with regards to a loan?

Look at the players weíve had out over the last 2 years, thereís been far more badly advised loan deals than good. In fact other than Dowell whoís worked out?
Jonjoe Kenny at Wigan/Oxford. Liam Walsh at Yeovil.

This season: Joe Williams at Barnsley, Callum Connolly at Ipswich, Antonee Robinson at Bolton.

Plenty of bad ones though, aye. I tend to think going off to Germany, playing in different tactical systems with and against good players will be better for Lookman than Derby personally.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 08:19:43 PM by van der Meyde »

February 10, 2018, 09:54:54 PM
Reply #117

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Jonjoe Kenny at Wigan/Oxford. Liam Walsh at Yeovil.

This season: Joe Williams at Barnsley, Callum Connolly at Ipswich, Antonee Robinson at Bolton.

Plenty of bad ones though, aye. I tend to think going off to Germany, playing in different tactical systems with and against good players will be better for Lookman than Derby personally.

Yeah I just donít think heís doing it for us.

February 10, 2018, 09:56:19 PM
Reply #118

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

No if it was me Iíd want to play for Leipzig.

But Iím just thinking from efc point of view.

February 10, 2018, 09:58:50 PM
Reply #119

van der Meyde

Yeah I just donít think heís doing it for us.
I wouldn't expect any player to though.

And with 3 years left on his contract, he doesn't really hold all the cards either.