September 20, 2018, 05:48:47 AM

Author Topic: Lookman  (Read 36550 times)

January 06, 2018, 02:03:41 PM
Read 36550 times

Juanito

Here here. Having Sigurdsson work his socks off at left wing/wing back when we smash our transfer record for him makes no sense. I mentioned in the other thread but having him in his natural position with pace, skill and power either side of him, encouraged me.

As Kenny, Holgate, Davies and DCL have proved, by improving with  first team football, so will Lookman. If these five stay together in and amongst the first team at Everton for a few years, we could have the nucleus of a very exciting young English side.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 02:05:19 PM by Juanito »

February 06, 2018, 03:13:41 AM
Reply #1

Juanito

February 12, 2018, 07:19:27 PM
Reply #2

Juanito

Good on the lad, would rather take the risk and live in Germany for a team fighting for the champions league, rather than live in Derby. Shows confidence and ambiton. More English players should do it to stretch themselves.

April 18, 2018, 04:21:15 AM
Reply #3

Juanito

He will come back next season under a fresh, forward thinking young manager and flourish on the left hand side.

April 30, 2018, 12:45:28 AM
Reply #4

Juanito

looks like Lookman might have to come back cap in hand

What you on about?

April 30, 2018, 01:11:20 AM
Reply #5

Juanito

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/Bundesliga/ademola-lookman-keeping-options-open-leipzig-everton-479886.jsp?smartformat=true%26utm_source=smartformat%26utm_medium=products%26utm_term=english%26utm_content=article

Bit worrying. Quotes Sam trying to sell him, probably because the thin skinned narcissist didnít like it that he went against his wishes and wanted to play with Werner and Keita instead of Jerome and Keogh.

April 30, 2018, 01:13:57 AM
Reply #6

Juanito

I will give you time to work it out

You need time to work out that Lookman has played for England at every level so far and will continue to, is rated by clubs around Europe and is a player we need here, not come back Ďcap in handí just
because the side he played for happened to get beat today.

June 10, 2018, 03:13:56 PM
Reply #7

Juanito

Err you donít pick the team Marcel.

Just sayiní.

He is making up for Samís stupid, passive aggressive comment about listening for offers for him. What an absolute idiot.

June 10, 2018, 09:24:16 PM
Reply #8

Juanito

Thatís fine. Iím a big fan of Lookman but heís still not ready to start week in week out imo. Not in the premier league. Also Iíd kinda hoped weíd spend big on a player to play on the left.  If we sign Lozano where does that leave Lookman?

Hopefully Lookman can be convinced to stay and compete for a starting spot but Iím not so sure. It would be good to hear from him, positive or negative in terms of his position and future at Everton.

Out of all our youngsters, heís got the most potential imo so we should seek to keep him at all costs, aside from if his inclusion week in week out is detrimental to results, which it may prove to be, until he reaches said potential.

Bolasie started week in week out and got progressively worse - Lookman showed he improved week in week out in the Bundesliga and we should show him we trust him. Thatís how a side like ours can develop and maintain top talent for as long as possible. Looks like Brands thinks the same.

June 10, 2018, 11:29:26 PM
Reply #9

Juanito

We are still gonna need lots of therapy to come to grips with the fact last season actually happened!

I recommend Trauma Therapy and we do it all as a group. Acceptance is key. ĎSam did come into our lives but he is gone nowí.

June 13, 2018, 02:16:38 AM
Reply #10

Juanito

Cenk

Lookman Gylfi  Theo
    Gana  McCarthy

That might work!! Relax now lads, we forget how good McCarthy was under Bobby and if he gets fit again he is the best we have to fill that roll

Ademola would THRIVE in that unit if you ask me

I think T cos he had Barry next to him, who could pass the ball forward, two dynamic full backs and a quick striker up top.

We suit a 4-3-3

Pickford
Coleman Holgate   CB    LB
       Gana Sigurdsson CM
  Lookman  Walcott  Lozano

June 14, 2018, 04:00:02 AM
Reply #11

Juanito

I still think McCarthy is a really effective player when near to full fitness, which I know is never, but when his hamstrings arenít threatening to snap he harries as well as anyone and is tidy in possession.

I agree with two ballers next to him, with his job being to pass 5 yard balls to them. Question of mentality though when more is asked of him.