November 20, 2018, 11:35:49 AM

Author Topic: Lookman  (Read 39988 times)

January 07, 2018, 06:36:05 PM
Read 39988 times

Thomas

All the lads on the Celtic forum where raving about him after seeing his peformance vs the shite. They want him on loan haha

February 06, 2018, 06:32:28 AM
Reply #1

Thomas

Don't know if this has been posted.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/evertons-transfer-plan-flawed-as-ademola-lookman-lights-up-leipzig-hg9p6vqq8

I genuinely cannot understand him stating he felt Leipzig was 'beyond' Lookman yet the lad scores the winner the other night...

February 06, 2018, 06:40:26 AM
Reply #2

Thomas

Did he actually say that though, that Leipzig was 'beyond' him? From the interview I saw he just said it's a tough league and he didn't want him to leave.

Not but thats basically how i interpreted it. I also believe SA didn't want him here. Just instinct.

July 04, 2018, 07:39:37 AM
Reply #3

Thomas

One thing is for certain, if we do lose this kid, I won't be blaming Silva or Brands. This fuck up would lie squarely on Big Sam's hairy shoulders.

Some of it has to be laid at some of our our fans with their  absolute philistine/almost luddite type attitude to football.

The amount of shit i heard against Lookman at Goodison last year was bang out of order whilst Tom Davies had shite games and got half the flak.

To be fair people have realised Lookman is a good player and that is a good thing but it annoys me how we pertain to appreciate quality players at Everton and its all about the 'School of Science' and playing attacking/attractive football. I know at Everton we like our players to be edgy but we still seem to have a prejudice towards players who try to play a bit such as ball playing defenders like John Stones and midfielders like Barkley and give Lookman a hard time. Your not going to be the School of Science without those players and definetly not with Tom Davies, Ashley Williams or even (both of whom i actually rate) DCL or Cenk Tosun in the team.

Ademola definetly has the potential to play in a front 3. He is a great mix of a winger and a forward and could possibly be our Raheem Sterling. Lookman and Walcott playing together is a mouth watering prospect.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 07:42:48 AM by Thomas »

July 04, 2018, 07:44:38 AM
Reply #4

Thomas

Some big shouts there Tommy, not sure I agree with Davies any Cenk being shite

Cenk is good mate.

I just mean if Man Utd had a list of players there scouts had compiled, he'd be on the b list.

We need to do what Man City did which is (somehow) punch up into the A List. I'd love Di Maria at Everton but its not happening.

For now we need to keep and appreciate players like Lookman. The main reason he is leaving is he doesn't feel wanted/appreciated here, right?  @Jamokachi

July 04, 2018, 07:51:32 AM
Reply #5

Thomas

I say this for your own benefit, give it a rest.

This is probably a good natured warning, but it won't surprise you to hear I always speak my mind and I've never been afraid to air an opinion and stick to it even if its unpopular. A Karma rating of -3000 would not change my view on that. But to be constructive in response, let me ask you this then......

Many fans have complained we don't have a footballing philosophy/style/plan at the club......at least in the last few years anyway. A DNA that says how Everton teams must play from the youth academy to the first team.

Lookman should be the signing example of the type of player and football we wish to develop at Everton. I accept we also like people with an edge, and with DCL I can see a bit of both along with Tosun whilst Theo Walcott is a seasoned pro but also a player for the purist.

In short, we need a balance. I hope Lookman stays. If he does all our fans will realise what a cracker we have. Hopefully with KT playing on the same wing as him after us giving Celtic a kings ransom.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 07:58:04 AM by Thomas »

July 04, 2018, 07:57:36 AM
Reply #6

Thomas

Iím confident the Lookman scenario will be sorted with M&M in charge, Di Maria we can all dream but heís a CL player all day. Cenk has done ok with his limited opportunities last season and Iím confident heíll kick on for us and get 15+ next season, and yes heís not top drawer but who is that would come to us atm?

(I'm obviously just salivating here pal/all hyperbole but.......)

If Lookman leaves it makes us look crap to other promising young players. This is probably a development of the point I made to @Jamokachi  earlier who although we can disagree we can always debate and then put the ball away which is sound. Lookman didn't find it cosy here (thats how young players may see it) and couldn't develop or be coached here. It would damage the clubs reputation (a well deserved one by the way) for coaching and developing young players internally and externally.

So our stategy and footballing philosophy needs to incorporate stylish players who have an edge but also young players. As discussed Lookman is a good ecample of the first part of that and if he works on the edginess and finer points of his game he will improve. The last part of the jigsaw will be the 'Man City' moment where we sign a player that is blatantly punching above our weight before we've reached the top echelons of European football.

I hope I see the day where people like Lookman shine and are playing alongside the experienced top draw players such as the Cavani's (headed goal against Celtic and general play is out of this world), Fernandihno's (who makes Gana look ordinary) and Millik (basically a Tosun upgrade). Thats when we'll be the School of Science.

Thats my heart talking. My head says its a pipe dream but we could and should dream. We haven't won a trophy in 23 years. So the Lookman issue is not only about incorporating young promising players but also teaming them next to seriously respected top pros. Theo Walcott is a bridge towards that path.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 08:00:16 AM by Thomas »

July 04, 2018, 08:02:24 AM
Reply #7

Thomas

I'll blame them all. Sam might have fucked it but it's now the current management team's job to fix it.

Exactly. As previous explained, the lad should be the encapsulation of how we can nurture promising talent at Everton. If he leaves its a hammer blow into our reputation to do that and the current management team would have to shoulder some blame.

I get a lot of shit on this forum for calling things how I see it but the impression I get is Lookman does not feel valued or nurtured in an environment to develop him as a player and that is worrying.

July 04, 2018, 08:11:25 AM
Reply #8

Thomas

Agree with all that Tommy

Cheers.

But (respectfully) lets keep it at Tom,Thomas or (as Celtic/Tims call me) 'Tam'. haha

July 04, 2018, 08:15:43 AM
Reply #9

Thomas

Apologies mate, will do

No problem.

Anyway to continue the discussion, do you think the AL issue is simply a case that another/foreign league suits him better? Maybe he realises that.

Or does it run deeper to the points I put forward?

Is he more of a traditional winger or modern type of forward? (see Sterling/Sane at City being the most reasonable examples)

July 04, 2018, 08:27:33 AM
Reply #10

Thomas

I'll respond to the rest of your post when I'm not at work haha!

First part, fair enough. Basically, I've been focusing on my degree/life. Football took a back seat.

The other points I made I thought where thoughtful/fair. Althouh as you may be implying, how I word what comes before them makes it easy for them to be ignored.

The completely basic argument I have consistently made is if we want to be top 6 we cant accommodate certain players we like (Davies) and must keep certain players who can be seen as luxury players (Lookman) but as long as they combine the lavish and ugly side of football properly they can feel appreciated here. (People like Bolasie who cant do this I'd be the first to sell on). We need to stick to a philosophy but also make some upgrades.

Thats what I mean in the most non-antagonistic fashion I am able to present my point. If we where sitting in a pub having a discussion about Everton, thats how I'd detail everything. Like yourself, I get frustrated at anything Everton and I really just want us to win things and be able to enjoy the football we play. Some players at Everton have never been naturals but I've also adored them still such as Carsley and Cahill and Dave Watson whilst your Kanchelskis/Arteta's/Stones are the 'luxury' side to our philosophy who we did/didnt manage to accommodate for various reasons.

July 04, 2018, 08:40:53 AM
Reply #11

Thomas

Thomas I havenít seen much of you on here, can I just ask, are you an Evertonian or someone who supports another team but just likes to jump on and talk all things football?

Both. What I mean by that is I try look at things with my heart but also my head.

The Evertonian in me tells me I want Lookman to stay. The football observer in me tells me he doesn't feel appreciated or able to develop here or in the EPL, so will decide to play elsewhere in another league. Somewhere like Marseille playing alongside Payet I think would suit him and if I where his agent I'd be telling him that would be as attractive an option as Leipzig.

Having said that if he was that good at Leipzig then Dortmund or Bayern would want him. So its all swings and roundabouts.

Fundamentally I always try to call out bullshit as honestly as I can whenever I (feel/IMHO) see it. Some may/may not like it. Thats fine. But I love talking about football and try to do so in a non/bipartisan way.

July 04, 2018, 08:47:23 AM
Reply #12

Thomas

Cool, I think you make some valid points, keep them coming

Perhaps as @Jamokachi has implied I have fallen into the same trap Dame Barbara Cartland did of writing the same story repackaged numerous times. But I think there is some sense in there.

Anyway to get back on topic, is Lookman better on the left or the right?

July 04, 2018, 09:05:55 AM
Reply #13

Thomas

Left I think, seems to have the knack to cut inside onto his stronger foot and create havoc, I think thatís where RBL used him with the most threat. Need to leave that right side clear for Lozano . Tierney and Lookman bombing up and down the left and Coleman and Lozano on the right has a nice ring to it.

Not seen this Lozano, I'll check in a minute. He's getting punted about like Joao Moutinho and we all know how that disintegrated.

July 04, 2018, 07:55:29 PM
Reply #14

Thomas

Nah mate he's just a piece of work with his lack of communications skills only on par with his lack of manners forced on him as a child. He speaks to people like they're pieces of shit and he's not arsed, so they take the piss out of him and he reports them.

I also think what you and I deem as educated are poles apart.
That's ironic. You act like a complete smug self righteous dickhead on here most of the time who cant handel controversial opinions and speak to me shocking with a disableist anti mental health type tone.

You then have the actual gall to question my parents/manners. Both my jobs are working with the public so they are fine thanks.

The fact is you wont engage with anyone who disagrees with you on any issue and your a complete fucking bully.

Now unless you want to discuss Everton/Lookman or consider that mayve you might be out of order....ignore me. You "piece of work". Disableist idiot.