October 24, 2018, 05:24:28 AM

Author Topic: Lookman  (Read 38507 times)

February 28, 2018, 04:52:51 AM
Reply #15

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
All very well and good saying that by you know as well as I do weíre going to buy Smalling and Van Arnholt in the summer.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 16, 2018, 09:10:42 AM
Reply #16

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Bolasie is being unfairly treated. He is just back from a long term injury. He will be much much better next season.

Those lucky palace fans will be enjoying it very much no doubt
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 18, 2018, 12:32:11 AM
Reply #17

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Think heíll go personally.

April 18, 2018, 12:52:52 PM
Reply #18

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Don't worry abar it. Can't even be arsed with this conversation. Sorry I said anything.

I think he’s got a valid point but it wouldn’t be recognised because he’s a bit confrontational and antagonistic.

Personally @bogie I think you’re right - nothing does a player’s reputation good like not playing for this team. I do think hes a talented lad and could save us a lot of money in the longer run, but scoring good individual goals is not a question mark he has over him...playing consistently and being tactically astute within a system are - judging by the managers comments recently it sounds like he’s working hard on it and it will be a great benefit to us, but he’s still only playing a third of the available minutes, he’s not exactly setting the world alight so people may potentially be talking him up to much.

Not that that sounds like something us evertonians would do tho does it.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 12:53:58 PM by brap2 »

April 19, 2018, 06:56:50 AM
Reply #19

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Itís nothing worth arguing about anyway really. Obviously we all hope he is developing and working under a good manager at a cl level club isnít going to do him any harm.

Fingers crossed heís ready to be involved next year.

April 20, 2018, 04:15:44 PM
Reply #20

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
As a general rule, if Leipzig want your youth product, donít sell him.

April 22, 2018, 03:54:01 PM
Reply #21

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Marcel Brands' appointment as Everton director of football is set to be confirmed with PSV's Mexico winger Hirving Lozano emerging as a possible first signing.

and that would be the end of lookman

My buddy, we do not have a farts chance in a tornado of signing hirving lozano.

April 30, 2018, 09:18:46 PM
Reply #22

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Sub appearances are probably not inherently intense, true, but here we have evidence that Lookman's appearances have had that intensity. He has been coming on early (often before the 60 min mark) and then making a difference in important games.

Might be talking out of my arse here but yous are maybe taking about different sorts of intensity.

The type of intensity in which you need to change the game, usually through individual ability, is one thing and usually associated with the sub appearances. I’d say having to change the game through stepingn up and making something happen is an experience he’s had on loan deffo and to me it looks like he’s done it well.

But the type of intensity which is more sort of an intense and close following of a tactical plan e.g shapes and triggers, when to close people down when to look for the break, which man to mark and when to mark him closer than other times (probably a bunch of other coachy type stuff as well), that type of intensity is different but imo more like what you’d be sent on at minute one with.

Or if you are a CM/CB/defensive forward player the sort of remit is have to follow if you get thrown in late (to first keep a game rather than to try to change a game).
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 09:20:19 PM by brap2 »

May 01, 2018, 12:25:38 AM
Reply #23

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I actually feel sick that Bolasie has played so much this year

Maybe an overreaction

May 12, 2018, 09:12:14 PM
Reply #24

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Could potentially have one here couldnít we, hope to god we keep him.

May 13, 2018, 03:58:32 AM
Reply #25

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
They're about to pocket 60 mil for Keita, so money won't be an issue.

Still think we'll keep him, and any new manager (fingers crossed!) would want him staying.

Would say they generally identify talents earlier than this, BUT, they have loaned him so clearly like him and heís then preformed.

Iím worried to be honest, keep over almost anyone else in the squad is my thoughts at the moment.

May 13, 2018, 05:08:09 AM
Reply #26

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Yeah, I hear you, but ultimately we can just say 'no' if it comes down to it, and Lookman's not high profile enough to force our hand really.

A couple of people on twitter saying they spoke to him after today's game and that he's looking forward to getting back to Goodison (sans Allardyce presumably), and was apparently buzzing to see someone in an Everton shirt.

My hero

June 12, 2018, 03:24:46 AM
Reply #27

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Bad sign because Iím very rarely right but I canít wait to see Lookman playing the Richarlison role. Get in good positions and shoot on sight.

I can honestly see him hitting pure purple patches this year, and maybe hitting double figures in the prem.

June 12, 2018, 03:58:15 AM
Reply #28

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Not that I rate his opinion that highly but in in that Everton Show clip that someone posted awhile back Steve Walsh seemed utterly convinced that Lookman was close to Lukaku's level as a finisher.

If Silva can help him get into quality goalscoring positions, like he did with Richarlison last season, it's not hard to imagine him scoring his fair share.

Yeah thatís what I was thinking to be honest. Improve his shot selection but up his shot numbers and he has a mega, mega year.

Richarlison closer to Arnautovic in physique but Lookman can get away from people 1v1 I think potentially better than either.

June 13, 2018, 02:08:00 AM
Reply #29

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
            Cenk

Lookman Gylfi  Theo
    Gana  McCarthy

That might work!! Relax now lads, we forget how good McCarthy was under Bobby and if he gets fit again he is the best we have to fill that roll

Ademola would THRIVE in that unit if you ask me

Would be depressing watching those two CMs try and pass the ball into the final third.