September 26, 2018, 04:29:22 AM

Author Topic: Lookman  (Read 36946 times)

February 05, 2018, 05:25:27 PM
Reply #75

Lazarou

Everton, ruining the transfer market since summer 2018

February 05, 2018, 05:41:38 PM
Reply #76

Bluedylan

Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

February 05, 2018, 05:46:13 PM
Reply #77

Macca77

He's got skill and pace which is the exact opposite of what Allardyce wants in a player.

February 05, 2018, 06:20:37 PM
Reply #78

Lazarou

Lookman is a player you pay to go and watch. Allardyce for all his analysis and stats would do well to remember why anyone watches football in the first place.

I still can't believe he has been allowed to go and not even to a lower club but to a better one, wtf does that say?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 10:16:39 PM by Lazarou »
Everton, ruining the transfer market since summer 2018

February 05, 2018, 06:54:40 PM
Reply #79

Lxxx

Wasn't Rangnick interviewed for the manager's job at the same time as Martinez?

February 05, 2018, 06:59:23 PM
Reply #80

Lxxx

Wish we were run like RB Leipzig.

Imagine having a clear strategy on how to spend your money to safeguard your investment and create a self sustaining, successful business model. Bonkers isn't it.

In my mind this is why we need a new CEO, someone from the top drawer of commerce with the brains and gravitas to manage upwards as well as create a vision that the whole club, fans alike, buy into.

February 05, 2018, 06:59:39 PM
Reply #81

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Sam and his trusted steads deemed that Lookman is about Championship level, the lad himself thought he was better than that
If he is a success at Leipzig, theres no way he will want to come back to a management team that so underrate him
Simply simply lovely

February 05, 2018, 06:59:46 PM
Reply #82

mikey_blue

Wasn't Rangnick interviewed for the manager's job at the same time as Martinez?

Her certainly was. It's all worked out quite well, hasn't it?

February 05, 2018, 08:24:07 PM
Reply #83

sam of the south

Her certainly was. It's all worked out quite well, hasn't it?

For him it has, yes
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

February 05, 2018, 08:47:30 PM
Reply #84

dazfrancis

We're in danger of going a bit overboard here.

I'm a big fan of Lookman and really want him to do well but he's only played 12 mins for Leipzig.

He scored after 1 min of his debut for us against the current league leaders but couldn't consistently put it together for 90 mins.

The reasoning for sending him to the championship would have been that it is similar to the Premier League in terms of physicality and he would have got more opportunities compared to Leipzig where he will face more competition for his place. However, maybe the less physical nature of the German league might benefit him.

Hopefully, after this blistering start he gets the opportunity to do it consistently over 90 mins for a run of games before the end of the season.

It's also good for him to be as far away from this pile of bollocks as possible at the moment

February 05, 2018, 09:00:52 PM
Reply #85

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber

I'm a big fan of Lookman and really want him to do well but he's only played 12 mins for Leipzig.

He scored after 1 min of his debut for us against the current league leaders but couldn't consistently put it together for 90 mins.

The reasoning for sending him to the championship would have been that it is similar to the Premier League in terms of physicality and he would have got more opportunities compared to Leipzig where he will face more competition for his place. However, maybe the less physical nature of the German league might benefit him.

Hopefully, after this blistering start he gets the opportunity to do it consistently over 90 mins for a run of games before the end of the season.

It's also good for him to be as far away from this pile of bollocks as possible at the moment

Was he even given a chance?

I can't remember if ever got 2 consecutive 90 minutes under his belt.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

February 05, 2018, 09:08:49 PM
Reply #86

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/feb/05/ademola-lookman-slips-slides-from-everton-into-leipzig-affections

Well we well and truly fucked that one up didn’t we ! Want the banners out and Unsy/Royle back untill the end of the season, they can get the 9 points we need, sack Walsh and Allardyce before Saturday and collect the first three points.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 09:10:35 PM by Escla »

February 05, 2018, 09:11:55 PM
Reply #87

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

On current form wouldn’t put it past Allardyce/Walsh/Moshiri accepting an offer from Leipzig for him clause or no clause.

February 05, 2018, 09:42:13 PM
Reply #88

kramer0

Our fortunes could have been very different if we had hired Rangnick instead of Martinez. I doubt we would have hit the heights of Martinez's first season but we'd be a lot closer to the top 6 now, with a more aggressive, energetic approach and players that are much more fun to watch.

I think Evertonians would love a high-pressing team. It's unfortunate that we're so far away from having one. We could probably could have made a convincing offer for someone like Schmidt or Hutter when we hired Allardyce but it would have been suicide to do it with this squad. It would even be risky to do it this summer given the amount of turnover necessary to get the right players.

February 05, 2018, 11:10:30 PM
Reply #89

blue slug

Any player with pace, skill and wants to play a forward pass will be deemed a big no no by the current fucktards in charge