September 25, 2018, 12:50:29 PM

Author Topic: Lookman  (Read 36910 times)

January 08, 2018, 02:14:11 AM
Read 36910 times

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
It's more if he's only going to be involved 1 game in every 5, then he might as well go and play at the top of the Championship or at the bottom of the Prem every week.

We've got fuck all to actually play for. Amongst other things, Allardyce will earn plenty of credit with the sceptics if he starts playing Lookman and Vlasic regularly and making them into full fledged Prem players for next season.
Oops ! Didn’t mean to like (not disliking either) just wondering if in your view it is a problem if Allardyce got credit should he successfully make Lookman and Vlassic full fledged prem players for next season, surely that would be a good thing ?

January 08, 2018, 03:18:07 AM
Reply #1

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. A good way for Allardyce to appease the critics (which I'm one of) is to develop the better younger players into first teamers, as well as improving the football generally.

I'm attempting to be constructive, rather than just slagging him off.

I’m still confused ? So are you saying that you do not want Allardyce to succeed and get credit for it ? are you hoping that he fails ?

January 08, 2018, 02:23:28 PM
Reply #2

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
No. I'm not sure what confuses you. I'll spell it out in completely unambiguous terms.

I wasn't in favour of him being appointed. He's done ok but the football hasn't convinced me at all.

So I was thinking what could he do to win me and other critics over, given that the season is over in terms of targets.

And an answer I came up with is helping to blood the young attacking players and develop them, along with improving the attacking play/ball possession.

There you go again, responding to polite queries in your trademark patronising tone. For what it’s worth I be.ive that our target is to finish as high in the table as possible.

January 09, 2018, 12:58:55 AM
Reply #3

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Mate, you have utterly misread that entire conversation.

Obviously you missed the original point, which is fair enough - the written word can be a bit vague sometimes. No issues there. BD explained it in pretty simple terms and you asked for  further clarification. There was no clearer he could have been so he stated that.
You've then inferred condecension in a response that contained none because of your opinion on who wrote it.

FWIW, BD has raised the first balanced point i've seen about Allardyce. As long as we agree to become proponants of the man if he meets our targets.

Finish as high as we can in the league? Yeah, true. But 7th playing dinosaur football with tried & tested players or 8th whilst bedding in the kids and making mistakes whilst teaching them a more expansive style?
I'd take the £750k hit (or whatever it is for a single league place nowadays)
Would have to disagree with you there, I was genuinely unsure whether BD was saying that Allardyce getting kudos was a good or a bad thing, to ME it was somewhat ambiguous, I felt that the response was somewhat condescending “I’ll spell it out for you”  nothing to do with what you perceive as my “opinion”of BD, I frequently like his posts and do consider him a valued poster, but I would also like to finish 7th in The hope that we may qualify for Europe.

February 05, 2018, 09:08:49 PM
Reply #4

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/feb/05/ademola-lookman-slips-slides-from-everton-into-leipzig-affections

Well we well and truly fucked that one up didn’t we ! Want the banners out and Unsy/Royle back untill the end of the season, they can get the 9 points we need, sack Walsh and Allardyce before Saturday and collect the first three points.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 09:10:35 PM by Escla »

February 05, 2018, 09:11:55 PM
Reply #5

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
We're in danger of going a bit overboard here.

I'm a big fan of Lookman and really want him to do well but he's only played 12 mins for Leipzig.

He scored after 1 min of his debut for us against the current league leaders but couldn't consistently put it together for 90 mins.

The reasoning for sending him to the championship would have been that it is similar to the Premier League in terms of physicality and he would have got more opportunities compared to Leipzig where he will face more competition for his place. However, maybe the less physical nature of the German league might benefit him.

Hopefully, after this blistering start he gets the opportunity to do it consistently over 90 mins for a run of games before the end of the season.

It's also good for him to be as far away from this pile of bollocks as possible at the moment

On current form wouldn’t put it past Allardyce/Walsh/Moshiri accepting an offer from Leipzig for him clause or no clause.