September 21, 2018, 09:14:34 PM

Author Topic: Lookman  (Read 36670 times)

May 12, 2018, 09:59:43 PM
Reply #30

Lxxx

You reckon he'll be keen to stay?

Heís under contract. It's not his decision.

May 12, 2018, 10:04:51 PM
Reply #31

Lxxx

Well missed though when up until Walcott our wingers have been as shit as....although Bolasie still is shite ...was brilliant in memory while injured .

Hope to fuck we can keep this kid and fuck Sam off cos they won't both be here next season that's for sure .

Heís a positive by product of a lost season, by not being here.
His development, in terms of his use to us now next season and his increased value, far outweighs paying Sam off, which is a sweet irony.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 10:09:51 PM by Lxxx »

May 13, 2018, 05:52:50 AM
Reply #32

Lxxx

We have absolutely nothing here for him.

He's played for a club a level above us and smashed it.

They'll be wanting to make the move permanent and I suspect some elite level teams may become interested.

We stole a march on a lot of teams because we were supposed to offer a better pathway for him to play.

Now we haven't offered him that, what's here for him?

Only hope is a new manager gets hold of him and makes him an integral player for next season.

Build the team around him, Walcott and Sigurdsson.

I think we will and I think with a new manager and DoF weíll look to go down that route. For no other reason than weíve made a pigs ear of the last few years spending lots of money and watching the squad look tired and old.

Time for a new approach.

May 14, 2018, 07:02:48 PM
Reply #33

Lxxx

Lookman was unfortunate to play very little with either Baines or Coleman. If at all.

Looking forward to seeing if he can strike up rapport with Baines.

Playing on that side with Baines looks far preferable than with Coleman.

We just need to invest in the lad. Tell him heís the future, give him an extended run, reassure him heíll have poor games but as long as we can see heís learning heíll get our backing. Thatís all any young player with talent needs to hear.

June 11, 2018, 05:26:28 PM
Reply #34

Lxxx

Listen, I hope he does make it, he's shown flashes for us in the past. But we still don't know how he'll fare in an important role for us in the Prem. He did well in Leipzig after a slow start, and I hope he can continue that form for us. But if he's struggling and done nothing for us in 6 months, then we would be daft not to explore other options.

So I am all for giving him a chance and a proper run in the first team to show what he can do. But if there are minimal results from that run, then do you persevere or do you look to improve by looking to buy someone else more proven?

I'd like to see him change positions then. I think he has a touch of the Raheem Sterling about him and as much as jazz hand's game has it's flaws he's an exciting player who is allowed to pop up wherever he sees fit across the final third, which is what you want from your front three ideally. If you had him and Walcott allowed to attack the box from both flanks we suddenly have an unpredictable threat we haven't had in years.

June 12, 2018, 01:37:25 AM
Reply #35

Lxxx

Excited to see the lad get a run of games because I think he has the potential to be very good.

Only worry is people expecting too much. I donít see him lighting the place up straight away and thereís dopes that will get on his back after a game or two.

There's nothing more certain.

June 28, 2018, 01:04:39 PM
Reply #36

Lxxx

He's under contract, Brands rates him and Silva wants to play a different way to the manager's we've had the past few years. He's going nowhere. Total non story.

June 29, 2018, 01:23:12 AM
Reply #37

Lxxx

I certainly hope you're right!

What causes me some doubt is the report of Silva favouring the idea of bringing in Carvalho. I just hope that is another non-story because that alone makes me question his judgement - and we've not even kicked off yet!

Letís pass judgement on facts not speculation. Thereís fuck all happening at the minute other than a few bored agents and journalists looking to make a bit of news.