September 24, 2018, 03:29:03 PM

Author Topic: Lookman  (Read 36845 times)

February 26, 2018, 02:18:29 AM
Reply #210

irishtoffee

Got took off after an hour as they lost to bottom of the league
Possibly not the full story. His shot hit the post and they scored the rebound. They were 1-0 up when he was taken off too. Don't know how he played overall though

February 26, 2018, 03:45:30 AM
Reply #211

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Possibly not the full story. His shot hit the post and they scored the rebound. They were 1-0 up when he was taken off too. Don't know how he played overall though
Only info I had pal
Simply simply lovely

February 26, 2018, 03:47:49 AM
Reply #212

Shogun

Administrator
Didn't watch it like but they were winning when he went off so can only assume they've built the team around him.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 26, 2018, 04:23:36 PM
Reply #213

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
French report:
http://www.france24.com/en/20180225-englishman-lookman-shines-but-leipzig-crash-lowly-cologne

Ademola Lookman created a goal but RB Leipzig squandered the chance to go second in the Bundesliga on Sunday after crashing to a 2-1 defeat at home to bottom side Cologne.

Lookman, an England Under-21 winger on loan from Everton, shone during his 59 minutes, hitting the post in the move that led to the opening goal on five minutes at Leipzigís Red Bull Arena.

When Portugal international Bruma crossed to the far post, Lookman, 20, nudged the ball onto the woodwork and French striker Jean-Kevin Augustin tapped home the rebound.

Who Scored only gave him a rating of 6.7 though.
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1202122/Live/Germany-Bundesliga-2017-2018-RasenBallsport-Leipzig-FC-Cologne

(referred to both of the above by the Echo)

February 26, 2018, 04:59:23 PM
Reply #214

Hawkandro

He wouldn't get in ahead of Yannick Gump anyway.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

February 26, 2018, 07:13:41 PM
Reply #215

Lxxx

He wouldn't get in ahead of Yannick Gump anyway.

He might get in ahead of Vlasic as, depending on what your source is, he may have cost more.

February 27, 2018, 12:41:53 AM
Reply #216

Dr. Sponge

I hate Bolasie.

February 27, 2018, 02:12:57 AM
Reply #217

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I donít hate Bolasie, I think heís just a proper mid table player and always has been. Also heís now past his prime with a recent serious knee injury - superb.

Sides in desperate need of a superstar attacker.

Promes
Lozano
Kluijvert
Zaha
Boufal (mad shout but think thereís a proper player there)
Mahrez

Then of course midfielders

Paredes
Doucoure
Lemina
Frenkie de jong
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 27, 2018, 02:40:36 AM
Reply #218

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I donít hate Bolasie, I think heís just a proper mid table player and always has been. Also heís now past his prime with a recent serious knee injury - superb.

Sides in desperate need of a superstar attacker.

Promes
Lozano
Kluijvert
Zaha
Boufal (mad shout but think thereís a proper player there)
Mahrez

Then of course midfielders

Paredes
Doucoure
Lemina
Frenkie de jong

Mad the way we put 27mil down on bolasie when 5mil more would've got Zaha

February 27, 2018, 02:41:13 AM
Reply #219

kramer0

What do people see in Doucore?

I see a tall guy who gets on the ball a lot (okay, that's good) and makes a lot of accurate, sideways passes (meh). His goal tally is flattering too. Most of his shots are from bad locations so you can safely expect regression to the mean next season.

I'm not having him as someone who's worth anywhere near what Watford are going to demand this summer. Good sideways passers are everywhere. Only suckers pay big for them.

February 27, 2018, 03:01:08 AM
Reply #220

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
What do people see in Doucore?

I see a tall guy who gets on the ball a lot (okay, that's good) and makes a lot of accurate, sideways passes (meh). His goal tally is flattering too. Most of his shots are from bad locations so you can safely expect regression to the mean next season.

I'm not having him as someone who's worth anywhere near what Watford are going to demand this summer. Good sideways passers are everywhere. Only suckers pay big for them.

Iíd like to see his numbers as I only going off the old eye test but powerful cmís who can change gears and tear up up the pitch are great in the prem and he can do that, plus heís had a few assists from the middle this year hasnít he? Didnít he have a hand in every single Watford goal until Christmas or something ridiculous?

I like press resistant cmís who can power through a midfield like 2014 yaya and score or assist.

I would only Ďspend bigí and by big I mean fucking huge, like spend half the budget big, on superstar attackers. Everything else can be found relatively cheap if you donít mind developing a player and waiting.

The bagman has to arrive with goals good to go.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 27, 2018, 03:06:15 AM
Reply #221

sam of the south

Mad the way we put 27mil down on bolasie when 5mil more would've got Zaha

Jesus.

I think he wouldíve resisted our overtures, though, just like most really good players.

Utterly shit recruitment for years now, though, not since our Deulofeu (potentially) Lukaku, Stones, Barry period have we got real quality and potential in.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

February 27, 2018, 03:07:21 AM
Reply #222

kramer0

Iíd like to see his numbers as I only going off the old eye test but powerful cmís who can change gears and tear up up the pitch are great in the prem and he can do that, plus heís had a few assists from the middle this year hasnít he? Didnít he have a hand in every single Watford goal until Christmas or something ridiculous?

I like press resistant cmís who can power through a midfield like 2014 yaya and score or assist.

I would only Ďspend bigí and by big I mean fucking huge, like spend half the budget big, on superstar attackers. Everything else can be found relatively cheap if you donít mind developing a player and waiting.

The bagman has to arrive with goals good to go.

You can see his shot map here. Make sure to select 2017-18 from the drop down menu.

https://understat.com/player/1726

I don't have a pass map but I'd be willing to bet that it has a lot of sideways business. He has 2 assists which is roughly in line with the above model's expectation (I have no clue about how the model works so take that with a grain of salt). His dribbling isn't impressive either (per WhoScored).

He strikes me as a total eye test player. Physically impressive, doesn't lose the ball much, but ultimately doesn't do enough (passing, dribbling, or shooting) to be worth the fuss.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 03:09:46 AM by kramer0 »

February 27, 2018, 03:10:52 AM
Reply #223

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
You can see his shot map here. Make sure to select 2017-18 from the drop down menu.

https://understat.com/player/1726

I don't have a pass map but I'd be willing to bet that it has a lot of sideways business. He has 2 assists which is roughly in line with the above model's expectation (I have no clue about how the model works so take that with a grain of salt). His dribbling isn't impressive either (per WhoScored).

He strikes me as a total eye test player. Physically impressive, doesn't lose the ball much, but ultimately doesn't do enough (passing, dribbling, or shooting) to be worth the fuss.

Fair enough. Wouldnít be the first time Iíve been seduced by a big physical CM *cough* Ross Barkley *cough*

February 27, 2018, 05:47:18 AM
Reply #224

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
When we bought Bolasie Zahas stock
Was quite low I think.

Reckon Renato Sanchesí stock has never been lower. Paulo Fonseca will be all over him in the summer for the blues.