September 25, 2018, 12:36:43 PM

Author Topic: Lookman  (Read 36907 times)

February 27, 2018, 02:23:37 PM
Reply #225

Hawkandro

Only suckers pay big for them.

#WelcomeDoucore
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

February 27, 2018, 02:25:20 PM
Reply #226

Hawkandro

Some people may deride as it appears to be more of a Football Manager type situation, but the players listed above are ones we should be aiming for. Bolasie was the safe option, and we were totally Evertoned when he did his knee in; an injury that will probably finish him as a top-level footballer, and we paid £27m for him. Typical.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

February 27, 2018, 03:21:03 PM
Reply #227

pedrotheblue

Bolasie has had plenty of time to get fit since his return, hope I'm wrong but he just looks finished as a decent footballer. He was erratic at the best of times prior to his injury and looks clueless every time he gets on the ball now.

Terrified we'll loose Lookman in the summer to a side who will actually give him game time and nurture him, and if that does happen SA will take a large portion of the blame.

February 28, 2018, 02:08:23 AM
Reply #228

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Bolasie has had plenty of time to get fit since his return, hope I'm wrong but he just looks finished as a decent footballer. He was erratic at the best of times prior to his injury and looks clueless every time he gets on the ball now.

Terrified we'll loose Lookman in the summer to a side who will actually give him game time and nurture him, and if that does happen SA will take a large portion of the blame.

I don’t think there’s another level for Bolasie to go to beyond what he’s shown in his career so far but these few games isn’t anywhere near enough time to have gotten over a year out of the game.

Unfortunately I don’t think it’s worth the effort for us to invest the minutes required for him to get match sharpness back.

Given his age we should be focusing on minutes for Vlasic etc.

February 28, 2018, 02:20:36 AM
Reply #229

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
A harsh truth that but yeah. Move on in the summer ideally.

Man I wish we were comfortable and had a system That worked so we could be bedding some of these young players in.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 28, 2018, 04:34:06 AM
Reply #230

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
A harsh truth that but yeah. Move on in the summer ideally.

Man I wish we were comfortable and had a system That worked so we could be bedding some of these young players in.

Maybe being naive but I feel it should be relatively easy in that you know that Sigurdsson and Walcott are going to be good PL players across the season and that they both work hard etc.

Therefore you can afford the ups and downs of younger players a bit more than if you had flaky experienced options.

Overall I think we’ve got some good experienced PL players who you can rely on - the above two, Rooney, Gueye, Coleman etc.

But anyone else over 27 who either hasn’t been or ever will be a top player should be moved on to make space for the younger players we already have.

Then we shouldn’t be buying any PL players over 25 who don’t at least have the experience of being a top player. If they’re over that age then there’s a very slim chance of them being top 4/6 potential so what’s the point in investing time / money there.

If we want experience then it should be from cheaper markets where there’s at least a bit more chance that talent has slipped under the radar or the odd purchase like Walcott who needs a fresh start.

February 28, 2018, 04:52:51 AM
Reply #231

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
All very well and good saying that by you know as well as I do we’re going to buy Smalling and Van Arnholt in the summer.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 28, 2018, 04:56:10 AM
Reply #232

Lxxx

Maybe being naive but I feel it should be relatively easy in that you know that Sigurdsson and Walcott are going to be good PL players across the season and that they both work hard etc.

Therefore you can afford the ups and downs of younger players a bit more than if you had flaky experienced options.

Overall I think we’ve got some good experienced PL players who you can rely on - the above two, Rooney, Gueye, Coleman etc.

But anyone else over 27 who either hasn’t been or ever will be a top player should be moved on to make space for the younger players we already have.

Then we shouldn’t be buying any PL players over 25 who don’t at least have the experience of being a top player. If they’re over that age then there’s a very slim chance of them being top 4/6 potential so what’s the point in investing time / money there.

If we want experience then it should be from cheaper markets where there’s at least a bit more chance that talent has slipped under the radar or the odd purchase like Walcott who needs a fresh start.

What you're advocating there is a measured approach with a bit of strategic thinking thrown in. Go and wash your mouth out.

April 16, 2018, 12:29:48 AM
Reply #233

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

April 16, 2018, 12:42:38 AM
Reply #234

Shogun

Administrator
Ridiculous that he's even on loan considering we're watching Bolasie every week.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

April 16, 2018, 12:46:39 AM
Reply #235

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Bolasie is being unfairly treated. He is just back from a long term injury. He will be much much better next season.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

April 16, 2018, 12:49:23 AM
Reply #236

Shogun

Administrator
Bolasie is being unfairly treated. He is just back from a long term injury. He will be much much better next season.

I've felt people have been overly hard on him since he came back from injury but that performance in the derby was as poor as I've seen from a professional footballer.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

April 16, 2018, 12:51:37 AM
Reply #237

Evertonian in NC

He's being considered for Man of the Match, despite only being on for the 2nd half.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

April 16, 2018, 12:58:27 AM
Reply #238

Cozzie

Got really high hopes for this fella.

Different manager next season you would hope he would flourish.

April 16, 2018, 12:59:25 AM
Reply #239

Alanvideo

................I agree he's getting unfair criticism but he wasn't that good before he was injured. Should be shipped out ,at a huge loss unfortunately.
We are special ,we are Everton.