October 18, 2019, 04:41:28 PM

Author Topic: Lookman  (Read 51234 times)

April 30, 2018, 07:29:39 PM
Reply #450

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
He has started several games for a side chasing 4th and Champions League qualification, and his two goals have come in substitute appearances. I think the intensity is surely there -- about as real as it gets.

I donít think sub appearances are, inherently.

As said, heís started more games recently though so thatís better.

Itís just not the absolute no brainer option, from the point of view of him coming back here and being good for us, that it is often portrayed as.

April 30, 2018, 08:00:54 PM
Reply #451

howard1334

I donít think sub appearances are, inherently.

As said, heís started more games recently though so thatís better.

Itís just not the absolute no brainer option, from the point of view of him coming back here and being good for us, that it is often portrayed as.

Sub appearances are probably not inherently intense, true, but here we have evidence that Lookman's appearances have had that intensity. He has been coming on early (often before the 60 min mark) and then making a difference in important games.

April 30, 2018, 09:18:46 PM
Reply #452

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Sub appearances are probably not inherently intense, true, but here we have evidence that Lookman's appearances have had that intensity. He has been coming on early (often before the 60 min mark) and then making a difference in important games.

Might be talking out of my arse here but yous are maybe taking about different sorts of intensity.

The type of intensity in which you need to change the game, usually through individual ability, is one thing and usually associated with the sub appearances. I’d say having to change the game through stepingn up and making something happen is an experience he’s had on loan deffo and to me it looks like he’s done it well.

But the type of intensity which is more sort of an intense and close following of a tactical plan e.g shapes and triggers, when to close people down when to look for the break, which man to mark and when to mark him closer than other times (probably a bunch of other coachy type stuff as well), that type of intensity is different but imo more like what you’d be sent on at minute one with.

Or if you are a CM/CB/defensive forward player the sort of remit is have to follow if you get thrown in late (to first keep a game rather than to try to change a game).
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 09:20:19 PM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 01, 2018, 12:17:00 AM
Reply #453

SANA_DR0

Hope he comes back,, I actually feel sick that Bolasie has played so much this year, Im pretty sure that Lookman would have produced more than what Bolasie has.

But I guess  RB Leipzig play alot faster than our pedestrian speed...really wish he comes back.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

May 01, 2018, 12:25:38 AM
Reply #454

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I actually feel sick that Bolasie has played so much this year

Maybe an overreaction
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 01, 2018, 12:29:26 AM
Reply #455

SANA_DR0

Maybe an overreaction

maybe.. maybe sick wasnt the right word.. i just know he will give it away or not produce anything. i just feel dejected?? resigned? i know nothing will come of him having the ball.. then i think of Lookman.. thats what makes me feel sick..(overreaction again :p )
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

May 05, 2018, 09:57:58 PM
Reply #456

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
2 goals from Lookman - and the game not yet over.... But then its only in Germany  ...

May 05, 2018, 10:03:50 PM
Reply #457

Shogun

Administrator
Heíll be gone if Sam stays.

May 05, 2018, 10:16:14 PM
Reply #458

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Think we can all agree that this has been a very good loan move for him then?
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

May 05, 2018, 10:24:54 PM
Reply #459

Lxxx

Sam'll be thinking he can get a pretty decent price for him now then. If he can get more or less what he'll pay West Ham for Aaron Cresswell then it'll have been a good loan move.

May 05, 2018, 10:41:12 PM
Reply #460

Bluedylan

Go ed Mola lad. Looking forward to having him back at the club.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

May 05, 2018, 10:49:53 PM
Reply #461

blue1948

Maybe an overreaction
May be I overreact as well because a get a deep gut feeling when I see he is playing ,I love the guy as a person but he has had his day .

May 05, 2018, 11:12:47 PM
Reply #462

Ross

Think heís scored more for RB than Allardyces big success story Walcott.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

May 05, 2018, 11:25:08 PM
Reply #463

Shogun

Administrator
Think heís scored more for RB than Allardyces big success story Walcott.

To be fair Walcott hasn't played for RB.

May 05, 2018, 11:50:41 PM
Reply #464

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Think he's scored more for RB than Allardyces big success story Walcott.
Be nice to have seen lookman on the right, Walcott on the left tbh
Simply simply lovely