August 14, 2018, 08:29:08 PM

Author Topic: Lookman  (Read 34675 times)

June 10, 2018, 02:20:02 PM
Reply #525

Morta75

Please give him a run this coming season... Don't think we will regrate that  :woohoo: :thumbsup:

June 10, 2018, 03:13:56 PM
Reply #526

Juanito

Err you dont pick the team Marcel.

Just sayin.

He is making up for Sams stupid, passive aggressive comment about listening for offers for him. What an absolute idiot.

June 10, 2018, 04:29:29 PM
Reply #527

MmmblueBernard

I think the fact that he's come out and said it so definitively is a clear indication that both him and Silva feel the same way about this matter.

Great to hear, but not surprising given the profile of players he has talked about.

Thats fine. Im a big fan of Lookman but hes still not ready to start week in week out imo. Not in the premier league. Also Id kinda hoped wed spend big on a player to play on the left.  If we sign Lozano where does that leave Lookman?

Hopefully Lookman can be convinced to stay and compete for a starting spot but Im not so sure. It would be good to hear from him, positive or negative in terms of his position and future at Everton.

Out of all our youngsters, hes got the most potential imo so we should seek to keep him at all costs, aside from if his inclusion week in week out is detrimental to results, which it may prove to be, until he reaches said potential.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

June 10, 2018, 07:15:03 PM
Reply #528

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I'd be happy to give Lookman 6 months and if he's still not doing it, buy an upgrade in the winter.

That means we can focus on other areas of the team given we don't have a ton of time left.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

June 10, 2018, 08:09:38 PM
Reply #529

dunkster

Looking forward to seeing the progression in his game...(hopefully)
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

June 10, 2018, 09:24:16 PM
Reply #530

Juanito

Thats fine. Im a big fan of Lookman but hes still not ready to start week in week out imo. Not in the premier league. Also Id kinda hoped wed spend big on a player to play on the left.  If we sign Lozano where does that leave Lookman?

Hopefully Lookman can be convinced to stay and compete for a starting spot but Im not so sure. It would be good to hear from him, positive or negative in terms of his position and future at Everton.

Out of all our youngsters, hes got the most potential imo so we should seek to keep him at all costs, aside from if his inclusion week in week out is detrimental to results, which it may prove to be, until he reaches said potential.

Bolasie started week in week out and got progressively worse - Lookman showed he improved week in week out in the Bundesliga and we should show him we trust him. Thats how a side like ours can develop and maintain top talent for as long as possible. Looks like Brands thinks the same.

June 10, 2018, 09:38:39 PM
Reply #531

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Cant wait for Lookman to set the league on FIRE this season.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos l Everton!

June 10, 2018, 10:32:23 PM
Reply #532

Evertonian in NC

He is making up for Sams stupid, passive aggressive comment about listening for offers for him. What an absolute idiot.

We are still gonna need lots of therapy to come to grips with the fact last season actually happened!
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

June 10, 2018, 10:40:12 PM
Reply #533

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I'd be happy to give Lookman 6 months and if he's still not doing it, buy an upgrade in the winter.

That means we can focus on other areas of the team given we don't have a ton of time left.

Reckon I could get on board with this.
Happy for him and Vlasic to share that spot till Jan 1st.

June 10, 2018, 10:40:20 PM
Reply #534

Evertonian in NC

Lookman needs to be heavily involved next year as does Holgate. This is the ideal season to let some of these younger players loose

Absolutely.  You might have a fantastic young winger on your hands.  Find out.  You might have a well-above average, young CB with speed and physicality on your hands.  Find out.  They're even English, FFS, for those who give a rat's arse about such things.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

June 10, 2018, 11:15:56 PM
Reply #535

Bluedylan

That seems like a weird thing to say, if you don't mind me saying. He's 20 years old. You have to expect inconsistency and peaks and troughs. You don't arbitrarily just sack an incredibly talented kid off after 6 months, if they haven't been consistent. It's about building something, and allowing young players space to grow and make mistakes, if necessary, with the intention of reaping the rewards further down the line.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

June 10, 2018, 11:21:56 PM
Reply #536

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
That seems like a weird thing to say, if you don't mind me saying. He's 20 years old. You have to expect inconsistency and peaks and troughs. You don't arbitrarily just sack an incredibly talented kid off after 6 months, if they haven't been consistent. It's about building something, and allowing young players space to grow and make mistakes, if necessary, with the intention of reaping the rewards further down the line.

I think within 6 months we'll at least be able to see if he has something or not. I don't see the point in buying big for that position this summer given we're on a budget again with more important positions to sort out.

But if he's flopping badly and not contributing anything to the team, then an upgrade becomes a necessity. Last season we saw Bolasie isn't the answer. Let's see if Lookman is going to be and review from there. Think that's pretty fair myself.

June 10, 2018, 11:25:03 PM
Reply #537

Bluedylan

I think within 6 months we'll at least be able to see if he has something or not. I don't see the point in buying big for that position this summer given we're on a budget again with more important positions to sort out.

But if he's flopping badly and not contributing anything to the team, then an upgrade becomes a necessity. Last season we saw Bolasie isn't the answer. Let's see if Lookman is going to be and review from there. Think that's pretty fair myself.

Dude, we know he has something. That's not even a question. His time at Leipzig put an end to that discussion, and our new DoF wanted to sign him for his previous club. I think you'll see him be a prominent player for the club this season, and if he's not, then I'd suggest that is a failure of management. The ability is oozing out of him, and it seems like the most progressive, forward thinking scouts/DoFs around Europe are all well aware of that, and would love to get him.

Brands' quote (and one of the first things he's said about any of our player's specifically, which tells you a lot):

I can be clear in that because I know the player very well.

He was on my list at PSV (to sign). He is a very talented young player and I think he has to be moved up next year (to the first team squad).
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 11:29:05 PM by Bluedylan »
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

June 10, 2018, 11:29:26 PM
Reply #538

Juanito

We are still gonna need lots of therapy to come to grips with the fact last season actually happened!

I recommend Trauma Therapy and we do it all as a group. Acceptance is key. Sam did come into our lives but he is gone now.

June 10, 2018, 11:35:15 PM
Reply #539

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Dude, we know he has something. That's not even a question. His time at Leipzig put an end to that discussion, and our new DoF wanted to sign him for his previous club. I think you'll see him be a prominent player for the club this season, and if he's not, then I'd suggest that is a failure of management. The ability is oozing out of him, and it seems like the most progressive, forward thinking scouts/DoFs around Europe are all well aware of that, and would love to get him.

Brands' quote (and one of the first things he's said about any of our player's specifically, which tells you a lot):

Listen, I hope he does make it, he's shown flashes for us in the past. But we still don't know how he'll fare in an important role for us in the Prem. He did well in Leipzig after a slow start, and I hope he can continue that form for us. But if he's struggling and done nothing for us in 6 months, then we would be daft not to explore other options.

So I am all for giving him a chance and a proper run in the first team to show what he can do. But if there are minimal results from that run, then do you persevere or do you look to improve by looking to buy someone else more proven?