January 18, 2019, 04:26:34 PM

Author Topic: Lookman  (Read 42882 times)

June 11, 2018, 10:49:33 PM
Reply #555

Toddacelli

Confused. In one breath you're saying persevere and then you're saying he just has a couple of months otherwise into the window we go.

Ha!

I'm saying give him a timeframe up front - at least a couple of months - and persevere with him through that time, EVEN if his form is erratic.

BUT (and this is where it gets clever)

You have a pre-agreed date to 'rest' him.

So at that point you have a choice:

a) tell him it's rest time - not knocking his confidence because it was already agreed
or
b) keep him in and tell him he's made it impossible for you to leave him out because he's on FIRE!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 12, 2018, 12:37:25 AM
Reply #556

tisonlyjk

Excited to see the lad get a run of games because I think he has the potential to be very good.

Only worry is people expecting too much. I donít see him lighting the place up straight away and thereís dopes that will get on his back after a game or two.

June 12, 2018, 01:37:25 AM
Reply #557

Lxxx

Excited to see the lad get a run of games because I think he has the potential to be very good.

Only worry is people expecting too much. I donít see him lighting the place up straight away and thereís dopes that will get on his back after a game or two.

There's nothing more certain.

June 12, 2018, 03:24:46 AM
Reply #558

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Bad sign because Iím very rarely right but I canít wait to see Lookman playing the Richarlison role. Get in good positions and shoot on sight.

I can honestly see him hitting pure purple patches this year, and maybe hitting double figures in the prem.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 12, 2018, 03:42:02 AM
Reply #559

kramer0

Bad sign because Iím very rarely right but I canít wait to see Lookman playing the Richarlison role. Get in good positions and shoot on sight.

I can honestly see him hitting pure purple patches this year, and maybe hitting double figures in the prem.

Not that I rate his opinion that highly but in in that Everton Show clip that someone posted awhile back Steve Walsh seemed utterly convinced that Lookman was close to Lukaku's level as a finisher.

If Silva can help him get into quality goalscoring positions, like he did with Richarlison last season, it's not hard to imagine him scoring his fair share.

June 12, 2018, 03:58:15 AM
Reply #560

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Not that I rate his opinion that highly but in in that Everton Show clip that someone posted awhile back Steve Walsh seemed utterly convinced that Lookman was close to Lukaku's level as a finisher.

If Silva can help him get into quality goalscoring positions, like he did with Richarlison last season, it's not hard to imagine him scoring his fair share.

Yeah thatís what I was thinking to be honest. Improve his shot selection but up his shot numbers and he has a mega, mega year.

Richarlison closer to Arnautovic in physique but Lookman can get away from people 1v1 I think potentially better than either.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 13, 2018, 01:33:42 AM
Reply #561

Tofifee

Cenk

Lookman Gylfi  Theo
    Gana  McCarthy

That might work!! Relax now lads, we forget how good McCarthy was under Bobby and if he gets fit again he is the best we have to fill that roll

Ademola would THRIVE in that unit if you ask me

June 13, 2018, 01:35:28 AM
Reply #562

Shogun

Administrator
Mccarthy is shite
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

June 13, 2018, 01:43:47 AM
Reply #563

Tofifee

Depends where u play McCarthy
if he is a holding CM with licence to go forward from time to time and watch the house most of the time, he is very effective adn has been for us in the past

June 13, 2018, 02:08:00 AM
Reply #564

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
            Cenk

Lookman Gylfi  Theo
    Gana  McCarthy

That might work!! Relax now lads, we forget how good McCarthy was under Bobby and if he gets fit again he is the best we have to fill that roll

Would be depressing watching those two CMs try and pass the ball into the final third.

June 13, 2018, 02:16:03 AM
Reply #565

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Two sides of that

McCarthy and gueye are our best players at pressing and winning the ball back

If they had easy options to lay it off too, simply, it wouldn't be the end of the world

Then again, they are both piss poor going forward
Simply simply lovely

June 13, 2018, 02:16:38 AM
Reply #566

Juanito

Cenk

Lookman Gylfi  Theo
    Gana  McCarthy

I think T cos he had Barry next to him, who could pass the ball forward, two dynamic full backs and a quick striker up top.

We suit a 4-3-3

Pickford
Coleman Holgate   CB    LB
       Gana Sigurdsson CM
  Lookman  Walcott  Lozano

June 13, 2018, 03:37:47 AM
Reply #567

Cozzie

Mccarthy is shite

Hes not really though is he.

When hes fit I actually think he is half decent.

He is incredibly limited in what he does with the ball granted but you have to think what role Silva wants him to play.

In a pressing style I think he could do ok.

In the derby that time at Goodison when Mane scored in the 209th minute, before McCarthy went off injured I felt we where doing well because he was one of the very few who actually bothered pressing their players.

I wouldn't be arsed if he was sold like don't get me wrong but I think it's harsh to call him shite.

The last manager who tried at least to get at least some form of an attacking game going was Martinez and in his first season McCarthy was one of the key players, he may be under Silva although I highly doubt it.

Hes not gonna be sold due to the extent of his injury anyway so we will see what happens when he returns.

June 13, 2018, 03:48:47 AM
Reply #568

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Oh god. Is McCarthy still on the books? 🤨

June 13, 2018, 04:24:04 AM
Reply #569

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Heís shite.

Vile shite.