December 12, 2018, 05:40:33 PM

Author Topic: Lookman  (Read 41005 times)

June 14, 2018, 03:54:41 AM
Reply #585

blue slug

I still think McCarthy is a really effective player when near to full fitness, which I know is never, but when his hamstrings arenít threatening to snap he harries as well as anyone and is tidy in possession.

Unfortunately he never is fit is he

June 14, 2018, 03:58:31 AM
Reply #586

sam of the south

Unfortunately he never is fit is he

No, very very rarely, and then he only lasts for about 45 minutes before breaking down again it seems
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

June 14, 2018, 04:00:02 AM
Reply #587

Juanito

I still think McCarthy is a really effective player when near to full fitness, which I know is never, but when his hamstrings arenít threatening to snap he harries as well as anyone and is tidy in possession.

I agree with two ballers next to him, with his job being to pass 5 yard balls to them. Question of mentality though when more is asked of him.

June 14, 2018, 04:16:37 AM
Reply #588

sam of the south

I agree with two ballers next to him, with his job being to pass 5 yard balls to them. Question of mentality though when more is asked of him.

Yeah, he was great with Barry in that first season, particularly in his pressing and in the cover he provided Coleman when he was marauding forward.

His game was built on energy, and once his energy was compromised by being on a constant injury cycle he became a bit of a bottler as well.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

June 14, 2018, 05:40:30 AM
Reply #589

dunkster

Fuck McCarthy off. When someone's that injury prone they are just a waste of money.
Pissed me off every time he ran off to play for the national team when he wasn't even fit for us.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

June 14, 2018, 10:53:02 AM
Reply #590

howard1334

Fuck McCarthy off. When someone's that injury prone they are just a waste of money.
Pissed me off every time he ran off to play for the national team when he wasn't even fit for us.

Yeah, i get that he likes repping his national team but it got ridiculous. He not only showed a bit of disrespect for Everton as his primary employer, but also, he may have compromised the rest of his career.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 02:38:43 AM by howard1334 »

June 28, 2018, 12:09:01 AM
Reply #591

Normm

Reports of Lookman possibly leaving is one that should be nipped in the bud. Everton can't let him go.

Hopefully, Silva will give him far more game time in the new set-up. Lookman is too good to lose at this stage in his career.

June 28, 2018, 12:17:17 AM
Reply #592

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah just crossing my fingers on Lookman fullstop - doesnít leave, kicks on, has a big year.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 28, 2018, 01:08:08 AM
Reply #593

Cozzie

I'd actually go as far as to say it would categorically be the absolute biggest mistake we could ever make this summer if we sold him.

June 28, 2018, 01:14:08 AM
Reply #594

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
This is the fallout from appointing Sam Allardyce.

Hopefully he sees the bigger picture but canít blame him for wanting to join RB.

June 28, 2018, 01:24:56 AM
Reply #595

Paddockoldie

Paper talk at the moment but SA disrespected him and probably hurt him by what he said. This kid is gonna be dynamite with the right coaching and the chance.. Got to make him feel part of the club again, and sharpish.

June 28, 2018, 01:53:09 AM
Reply #596

gizzblue

Rekon Mr Brands is all over this tbh. ...wanted him before we got him will be talking him up all over the club ..imho.
Born not made a blue .

June 28, 2018, 01:56:08 AM
Reply #597

Fynci

Paper talk at the moment but SA disrespected him and probably hurt him by what he said. This kid is gonna be dynamite with the right coaching and the chance.. Got to make him feel part of the club again, and sharpish.

Needs an arm around the shoulder, a bit like Barkl.... oh never mind.

June 28, 2018, 02:03:30 AM
Reply #598

eyesalwaysblue

If we're happy to blame Allardyce for absolutely everything that's been a fuck up lately, we won't be happy for long...
I still despise Clive Thomas..

June 28, 2018, 02:05:36 AM
Reply #599

gizzblue

If we're happy to blame Allardyce for absolutely everything that's been a fuck up lately, we won't be happy for long...

So do you think he had fuck all to do with Lookman going to Derby.....sorry Germany   lolol
Born not made a blue .