February 25, 2018, 02:19:51 PM

Author Topic: The club .  (Read 1079 times)

January 06, 2018, 08:49:05 PM
Read 1079 times

sirblue57

I think our club is still lacking in many ways, especially off the pitch . We seem light years behind other top clubs when it comes to transfers and business decisions.
Nothing seems to have changed since Moshiri has arrived. Just embarrassing at times.
Our DoF seems impotent when it comes to his role.
Whatever goes on at finch farm puzzles.me. We still seem incapable.of finding each other with a pass.
Despite last night being our best performance for a while, we still seemed second best in lots of ways.
I hope for.more activity in the transfer.market. God knows we need.something more.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

January 06, 2018, 09:05:27 PM
Reply #1

MmmBlueRamirez

Ok
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

January 06, 2018, 09:13:53 PM
Reply #2

Ross

Canna get an Amen!
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 06, 2018, 09:48:29 PM
Reply #3

Ridge

Pretty much everything has changed since Moshiri arrived.

New stadium, big commercial deals through contacts, split manager into DoF and coach role, split coach role. Jim White as spokesman, huge transfer fees on average players, less opportunity for youngsters.

BK made a lot of errors and mistakes in his first 5 years. Moshiri's problem is more poor recruitment in key roles, and poor decision making and communication with fans. Might take a few years before he has a clue, but think he'll get there.

January 06, 2018, 09:55:46 PM
Reply #4

Lxxx

Biggest mistake Moshiri has made is not employing a man with the requisite experience in the Director of Football role. If he'd hired Steve Walsh to head up our scouting team it would have been seen as a half decent appointment, because we could then appoint a man above him with the experience, seniority and skillset to give him clear instruction of what our strategy was going to be and to recruit and plan accordingly.

January 06, 2018, 09:59:23 PM
Reply #5

ally2

We seem light years behind...

Nothing seems to have changed...

Our DoF seems impotent when it comes to his role...

We still seem incapable.of finding each other with a pass.

...we still seemed second best in lots of ways.

Everything seems a bit seemy doesn't it?

January 06, 2018, 10:00:49 PM
Reply #6

Gash

Global Moderator
Everything seems a bit seemy doesn't it?

It.certainly .see.ms. that way..

January 06, 2018, 10:14:25 PM
Reply #7

Ridge

Biggest mistake Moshiri has made is not employing a man with the requisite experience in the Director of Football role. If he'd hired Steve Walsh to head up our scouting team it would have been seen as a half decent appointment, because we could then appoint a man above him with the experience, seniority and skillset to give him clear instruction of what our strategy was going to be and to recruit and plan accordingly.

More committees!

Get 2 DoF's to manage Walsh and another head scout maybe?  :snigger:

January 07, 2018, 12:02:04 AM
Reply #8

sirblue57

It.certainly .see.ms. that way..
piss off...was on my phone ya git. lolol.

January 07, 2018, 12:03:19 AM
Reply #9

Gash

Global Moderator
piss off...was on my phone ya git. lolol.

Haha, I figured it was a case of fat fingers. ;)

January 07, 2018, 12:07:13 AM
Reply #10

sirblue57

Sadly not just fingers ... :-[

January 07, 2018, 12:33:10 AM
Reply #11

ally2

Anyway sorry if I seemed facetious there. The point I was trying to make was how little we know about some things and how we often assume the worst interpretation of snippets of information (sometimes not even information). A particular one for me is the routine slating of Steve Walsh when no one really knows what his responsibilities are. Another is the assistant coach. I am continually perplexed how football fans are looking for anyone and anything to blame for a perceived lack of success and so this is my beef with these sorts of posts. It's not (necessarily) an Everton fan thing but it is real, and is usually held in the context of unrealistic expectations or some sort of sense of entitlement.

January 07, 2018, 12:52:45 AM
Reply #12

sirblue57

Anyway sorry if I seemed facetious there. The point I was trying to make was how little we know about some things and how we often assume the worst interpretation of snippets of information (sometimes not even information). A particular one for me is the routine slating of Steve Walsh when no one really knows what his responsibilities are. Another is the assistant coach. I am continually perplexed how football fans are looking for anyone and anything to blame for a perceived lack of success and so this is my beef with these sorts of posts. It's not (necessarily) an Everton fan thing but it is real, and is usually held in the context of unrealistic expectations or some sort of sense of entitlement.

Not having a go, but hownlingnhave we had issues with getting transfers completed?
I would have thought having a DoF Would mean things moving smoothly,  but our transfer record since he came has not been outstanding.
You may say some of that is down to managers interference , but the latest transfer makes me think he is not.improving the situation  significantly.
And there are other problems beside him imo.

January 07, 2018, 01:23:16 AM
Reply #13

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Apart from the elite clubs where players are queuing to get in it's the same everywhere - right down to the Mrs Girouds of this world being frightened to venture north of Watford!
People just like moaning at the club as the frightening alternative is to have to think for one's self.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

January 07, 2018, 03:15:01 AM
Reply #14

Bluebridge

I think our club is still lacking in many ways, especially off the pitch . We seem light years behind other top clubs when it comes to transfers and business decisions.
Nothing seems to have changed since Moshiri has arrived. Just embarrassing at times.
Our DoF seems impotent when it comes to his role.
Whatever goes on at finch farm puzzles.me. We still seem incapable.of finding each other with a pass.
Despite last night being our best performance for a while, we still seemed second best in lots of ways.
I hope for.more activity in the transfer.market. God knows we need.something more.
Or incompetent  lolol