October 20, 2018, 06:50:41 AM

Author Topic: Firmino/Holgate incident  (Read 20471 times)

January 09, 2018, 01:21:55 PM
Reply #105

blue1948

Just a thought if Firmini did indeed say "es maluco" it could be that Mason heard- mulatto - and that is why he took off .

January 09, 2018, 02:59:08 PM
Reply #106

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I see that the fat sweat that is Martin Samuel has wrote an article on the situation basically saying Holgate should be banned for pushing Firmino towards a concrete object that could have broke his back, minimum mention of the potential racist incident whilst claiming not to be a defence of firmino!

Its little wonder their fans are the way they are, every time something involving them occurs the papers go full out to exonerate them and belittle the opposition (in this case he more or less says Holgate isn't even very good!) and the fans lap it up and repeat over and over.
Simply simply lovely

January 09, 2018, 03:48:36 PM
Reply #107

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Seems quite a common thing. I remember my dad always talking about an old friend he had called Chalky White.

Didnít Jim Davidson also joke about Chalky?

I'm too young to remember Jim Davidson's stand up. Honest
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 09, 2018, 03:56:52 PM
Reply #108

eugene

Haha yeah, kind of reminded me of.

For those old/cultured enough ;)
Billy Kasper brill

January 09, 2018, 04:19:41 PM
Reply #109

Macca77

Anyone read Martin Samuels article about this, basically slags Holgate off, saying his push could've broken the lesbian's back

January 09, 2018, 04:20:25 PM
Reply #110

Rodenplav64

Seems quite a common thing. I remember my dad always talking about an old friend he had called Chalky White.

Didn’t Jim Davidson also joke about Chalky?

Times change as The comedians that used to be on TV would never be shown now . My Dad thought nothing of being openly racist as did my brother who was in the forces . We all now it isn't acceptable and if most people say something wrong it is a slip and you usually apologise straight away . The twitter rants at Holgate are malicious and need to be dealt with as such .

January 09, 2018, 04:25:10 PM
Reply #111

Tinga

Didnít Jim Davidson also joke about Chalky?

January 09, 2018, 04:48:20 PM
Reply #112

Waltzer

I see that the fat sweat that is Martin Samuel has wrote an article on the situation basically saying Holgate should be banned for pushing Firmino towards a concrete object that could have broke his back, minimum mention of the potential racist incident whilst claiming not to be a defence of firmino!

Its little wonder their fans are the way they are, every time something involving them occurs the papers go full out to exonerate them and belittle the opposition (in this case he more or less says Holgate isn't even very good!) and the fans lap it up and repeat over and over.

I suppose its dealing with facts, like it or not what Holgate did was dangerous and out of order, he should be banned and if it was another team against us you'd expect that. There have been numerous professional lip readers state Frimino didnt say anything racist, and in a land of being innocent until proven guilty it wouldnt be that great to report on what apparently hasn't been said.
I dont necessarily think its belittling us, its merely stating the facts as they stand, if Frimino is found guilty id expect them to go to town on him

January 09, 2018, 04:54:23 PM
Reply #113

Macca77

Sick of hearing people say that Firmino clearly says Puta, we all know that, Holgate didn't react then, he reacts just after when something else is said, you can't see is because JJK is in the way.

However a lot of reds have said Llanannanana's reaction is pretty telling, he obviously heard something as well, he looks disgusted

January 09, 2018, 04:57:32 PM
Reply #114

School of Science

I suppose its dealing with facts, like it or not what Holgate did was dangerous and out of order, he should be banned and if it was another team against us you'd expect that. There have been numerous professional lip readers state Frimino didnt say anything racist, and in a land of being innocent until proven guilty it wouldnt be that great to report on what apparently hasn't been said.
I dont necessarily think its belittling us, its merely stating the facts as they stand, if Frimino is found guilty id expect them to go to town on him

Couldn't what Samuels said and what's come out of the Daily Mirror, lip reading as such, influence the hearing ? So if they have opinions or supposed evidence, shouldn't this be brought up afterwards. To be objective I suppose Collymore's 10 match ban statement as well.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

January 09, 2018, 05:01:36 PM
Reply #115

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Sick of hearing people say that Firmino clearly says Puta, we all know that, Holgate didn't react then, he reacts just after when something else is said, you can't see is because JJK is in the way.

However a lot of reds have said Llanannanana's reaction is pretty telling, he obviously heard something as well, he looks disgusted

What does lallana do?

January 09, 2018, 05:03:36 PM
Reply #116

Macca77

What does lallana do?

Ive not seen it, few reds mentioned it on twitter

January 09, 2018, 05:30:36 PM
Reply #117

Waltzer

Couldn't what Samuels said and what's come out of the Daily Mirror, lip reading as such, influence the hearing ? So if they have opinions or supposed evidence, shouldn't this be brought up afterwards. To be objective I suppose Collymore's 10 match ban statement as well.

Yes you're right, tbh I havent read the article so I dont know whats in it. Im hoping the panel that review the incident will look at things at face value and not be swayed by headlines? I find it all a bit bizarre as I dont even recall Holgate or Frimino being near one another until they clash for the ball so whatever is alleged to have been said must've been pretty loud so youd hope they should be able to get good evidence either way?

January 09, 2018, 06:27:12 PM
Reply #118

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
The push was stupid, I remember there was a spate of them a year or two ago and Iím sure it ended in a ban for someone.

The alleged racism is a separate issue but I must say the reds arenít covering themselves with glory with how theyíre responding.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 09, 2018, 06:37:36 PM
Reply #119

Macca77

Nobody could argue if Holgate was charged with violent conduct and got a ban.