February 19, 2018, 10:30:14 AM

Author Topic: Firmino/Holgate incident  (Read 11033 times)

January 08, 2018, 07:49:28 PM
Reply #75

Lincs Toffee

I'd be very surprised if it's proven tbh, the mirror have said the ref has claimed to not have heard anything said etc.
He's already done them a favour with the soft penalty now conveniently didn't hear anything either...he looks what he is , a twat of the highest order !!
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

January 08, 2018, 07:51:04 PM
Reply #76

Bluedylan

He's already done them a favour with the soft penalty now conveniently didn't hear anything either...he looks what he is , a twat of the highest order !!

Might be that he didn't hear it or that it wasn't said.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

January 08, 2018, 07:52:08 PM
Reply #77

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
My apologies

Makes no difference though, still a different "race", so your point remains.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

January 08, 2018, 08:00:16 PM
Reply #78

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber

He did actually turn his head away when Firminho said the word, so his attention wasn't there. There is also the chance Firminho mouthed it and didn't actually say it, so the ref wouldn't have heard it then either.

Or Firminho hasn't actually said it.

Personally I think there's more chance of a South American saying something like Negrito (as it's not seen as derogatory, similar to the Suarez situation) than there is of Holgate lying about it. Holgate wouldn't have known JJKs head had blocked the camera.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 09:15:43 PM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 08, 2018, 08:17:27 PM
Reply #79

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Be nice to know the actual facts like.
You don't want facts getting in the way of a good rant do you? 😊
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

January 08, 2018, 09:05:26 PM
Reply #80

Lincs Toffee

P
Might be that he didn't hear it or that it wasn't said.
Probably mate, but Holgate seemed to hear it and he was between him and Firmino, he could also have been dazzled by Firmino's teeth which distracted him.
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

January 08, 2018, 09:07:11 PM
Reply #81

Lincs Toffee

He did actually turn his head away when Firminho said the word, so his attention wasn't there. There is also the chance Firminho mouthed it and didn't actually say it, so the ref wouldn't have heard it then either.

Or Firminho hasn't actually said it.

Personally I think there's more chance of a South American saying something like Negrito (as it's not seen as derogatory, similar to the Suarez situation) than there is of Holgate lieing about it. Holgate wouldn't have known JJKs head had blocked the camera.

There are many suggestions I suppose and I guess none of us will know what actually was said, I do think Madley is a bit of a twat though, just my opinion from watching him over numerous matches.

January 08, 2018, 09:49:29 PM
Reply #82

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
All the hilsborough stuff making me physically sick. Hate the idea blues would sing or shout anything about that but its deffo an angle being persued by some reds.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 08, 2018, 10:00:40 PM
Reply #83

ajax_andy

PProbably mate, but Holgate seemed to hear it and he was between him and Firmino, he could also have been dazzled by Firmino's teeth which distracted him.

You see Holgate look totally non plussed about the verbal coming from Frimino, even raises one eye brow as if to say 'piss off soft lad', then suddenly his manner changes completely, so whether Firmino did racially insult him or not it's clear to see that Holgate wasn't arsed about the abuse at first... either something WAS said, or he thought it was as his sudden reaction after being calm and a bit cocky about it all shows he's not making it up.

January 08, 2018, 10:06:27 PM
Reply #84

Bluedylan

All the hilsborough stuff making me physically sick. Hate the idea blues would sing or shout anything about that but its deffo an angle being persued by some reds.

You'd think that anyone who lived through that period wouldn't even dare. So maybe you get a few young'uns who heard about it growing up, but don't really get it's significance properly might be desperate enough to make comments about it.

As you say hopefully not. I would pull up any blue (or person) in any situation who made ignorant comments about Hillsborough, as any of us would.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

January 08, 2018, 10:08:16 PM
Reply #85

Mac934

I took my son to the Goodison Derby a few years ago, he's a Red unfortunately. We were in the Gwladys upper tier. I have never heard so much vile spouted by Everton fans in my life about Hillsboro' and Heysel disasters. The language disgusted me and some of it was from young kids with their fathers. So much for the Blues and Reds sitting together in almost harmony. Not any more.

January 08, 2018, 10:08:55 PM
Reply #86

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I have only really seen them kicking off cos of the always the victims song, I couldn't imagine anyone would sing about H'boro, even the kids, if there dads were around then it could have been them not coming home that day

Simply simply lovely

January 08, 2018, 10:12:47 PM
Reply #87

Mac934

I have only really seen them kicking off cos of the always the victims song, I couldn't imagine anyone would sing about H'boro, even the kids, if there dads were around then it could have been them not coming home that day
I would never imagine it, but trust me it was being spouted, I won't say sang. And I certainly wouldn't repeat it. I was ashamed to be an Everton supporter that day.

January 08, 2018, 10:29:29 PM
Reply #88

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I took my son to the Goodison Derby a few years ago, he's a Red unfortunately. We were in the Gwladys upper tier. I have never heard so much vile spouted by Everton fans in my life about Hillsboro' and Heysel disasters. The language disgusted me and some of it was from young kids with their fathers. So much for the Blues and Reds sitting together in almost harmony. Not any more.

You heard blues in the upper g shouting about hilsborough? Surely surely surely not.

Ive been to lots of derbies and have never heard anything like that.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 08, 2018, 10:33:44 PM
Reply #89

gizzblue

You heard blues in the upper g shouting about hilsborough? Surely surely surely not.

I've been to lots of derbies and have never heard anything like that.
A lot of us blues had people at Hillsborough. .. that's just sick if so ,thankfully I've never heard shit like that.