October 14, 2019, 12:27:50 PM

Author Topic: Firmino/Holgate incident  (Read 27110 times)

January 06, 2018, 11:11:45 PM
Read 27110 times

Macca77

Wonder what the ref said to the 4th official? Maybe picked something up on their headsets

January 07, 2018, 12:08:53 AM
Reply #1

Macca77

January 07, 2018, 04:32:50 AM
Reply #2

Macca77

January 07, 2018, 04:40:29 AM
Reply #3

Macca77

Apart from Kopites still going on about the puta bit, itís incredibly obvious that what Holgate reacts to is after that and isnít caught on camera due to Kennyís head.

This

January 08, 2018, 03:28:39 AM
Reply #4

Macca77

January 08, 2018, 04:07:42 AM
Reply #5

Macca77

Uneducated grown ups spouting shite, embarrassing, never seen it this bad, literally can't win regardless of what was said, very sad. A lot of them are playing the Hillsborough card now, they can't stoop any lower.

January 08, 2018, 04:30:53 AM
Reply #6

Macca77

Seen a lot of that today - mostly from Liverpool fans not from the area. I don't think any sane person could question our support to them over Hillsborough. People seem to forget that Everton fans lost family members too in that

Spot on

January 08, 2018, 02:30:36 PM
Reply #7

Macca77

More have jumped on the hillsborough band wagon, Robbie Fowler as well apparently

You know what, I was hoping that Firmino didn't say anything racist to Holgate, thinking that whatever was said was lost in translation somewhere, but now I hope he did say it and I hope the FA have proof and throw the book at him and that fucking club.

January 08, 2018, 04:17:53 PM
Reply #8

Macca77

I think its pretty clear that if Firmino said something racist, it wasn't in a friendly way. The shite the reds have come out with over the last few days is moronic, they're all singing from the same hymn sheet, and that is "How can he be racist when they're the same colour" lads in work said that this morning, so basically they're saying its ok to call someone a racial slur if you have the same skin tone, its just banter.

January 08, 2018, 05:45:12 PM
Reply #9

Macca77

Expect David James and Colleymore to get abuse and threats as well now.

Holgate could get a violent conduct charge for the push, can't really argue about that like, it was stupid and no need for it

January 09, 2018, 04:19:41 PM
Reply #10

Macca77

Anyone read Martin Samuels article about this, basically slags Holgate off, saying his push could've broken the lesbian's back

January 09, 2018, 04:54:23 PM
Reply #11

Macca77

Sick of hearing people say that Firmino clearly says Puta, we all know that, Holgate didn't react then, he reacts just after when something else is said, you can't see is because JJK is in the way.

However a lot of reds have said Llanannanana's reaction is pretty telling, he obviously heard something as well, he looks disgusted

January 09, 2018, 05:03:36 PM
Reply #12

Macca77

What does lallana do?

Ive not seen it, few reds mentioned it on twitter

January 09, 2018, 06:37:36 PM
Reply #13

Macca77

Nobody could argue if Holgate was charged with violent conduct and got a ban.

January 09, 2018, 08:46:02 PM
Reply #14

Macca77

The horrible thing that may come from this is the backlash Holgate will get if there is insignificant evidence to charge Firminho. Imagine being racially abused and then abused by other fans for trying to speak up about it, it's a really horrible thought, I hope he has the mental strength to cope with that (if it turns out that way)

For some reason the kopites seem to think that if Firminho isn't charged it means he hasn't said anything and Holgate has made it all up, when it fact it means Firminho could well have said it, there just isn't enough evidence to prove it.

Personally I just can't see Holgate making it up, not when he knows there are cameras everywhere. I can see Firminho saying a word that he thinks is OK in the UK, because it's fine to use in Brazil.

I get there is an argument that Firminho might not have said anything, but surely that's the least likely. Even if he said something completely non offensive that just sounded like the N word, Holgate and the club are within their right to question it.

I've heard the "he made it up to stop himself from getting sent off" argument loads of times, its daft, no player would ever do that, no player would grab the ref either