October 14, 2019, 01:24:01 PM

Author Topic: Firmino/Holgate incident  (Read 27112 times)

January 06, 2018, 11:26:21 PM
Read 27112 times

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
No way this will end well for Holgate

They'll go back to his school report and see that he once got an F in his history mock about Slavery and the Middle Passage and claim he knows nothing about racism
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 06, 2018, 11:33:10 PM
Reply #1

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
You laugh but theyíve made him delete his Twitter for homophobic tweets from when he was aba 15, calling his mate a batty boy.

Would personally be very surprised if he said something racist, but said when I was watching it live thatís cleaely what Holgate thinks.

Maybe heís misheard puta but it does come after filho de puta.

Hopefully just a misunderstanding.

I know, that's why I said it.

January 07, 2018, 06:23:00 PM
Reply #2

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
I've seen the first 'Holgate should be sued for bringing the name of their great club into disrepute.' They do that enough themselves

January 08, 2018, 04:12:01 AM
Reply #3

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Uneducated grown ups spouting shite, embarrassing, never seen it this bad, literally can't win regardless of what was said, very sad. A lot of them are playing the Hillsborough card now, they can't stoop any lower.

Seen a lot of that today - mostly from Liverpool fans not from the area. I don't think any sane person could question our support to them over Hillsborough. People seem to forget that Everton fans lost family members too in that

January 08, 2018, 04:48:55 PM
Reply #4

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Just had an argument in the pub

Is it racist if a black lad calls a black lad the n word and the black lad called it is offended?

I said it is, apparently I'm insane

Firminio is of Hispanic origin isn't he? So it's a different race. But also intent is the driver of whether something is racist or not

January 08, 2018, 07:06:18 PM
Reply #5

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber

January 09, 2018, 04:38:08 AM
Reply #6

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
But your flippancy is actually the reality and partly the reason people are accused of being racist when they are not . These are true , I worked with a Jewish bloke who said " On my life " after everything , A black bloke whose name was White whose Mum nicknamed him Chalky but we were told we couldn't call him it  and a Nigerian who I called Chief and got pulled up for who explained to my Senior Officer that he was a Chief and everyone called him Chief . Sri Lankans used to say call me Phil ( as an example ) and bosses would slam you for not using their full names ( Wickmanayarake ) with Mr before it . People who are looking for it won't stop till they find it . I also thought you were being flippant btw .

I had a black friend called White who went by the nickname Chalky too

January 09, 2018, 03:48:36 PM
Reply #7

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Seems quite a common thing. I remember my dad always talking about an old friend he had called Chalky White.

Didnít Jim Davidson also joke about Chalky?

I'm too young to remember Jim Davidson's stand up. Honest