February 24, 2018, 04:28:17 PM

Author Topic: Firmino/Holgate incident  (Read 12806 times)

January 07, 2018, 05:33:27 AM
Reply #30

SANA_DR0

Which wouldn't help as Firmino is Brazilian and they speak Portuguese

Ye Ok, next thing you'll be telling me they speak Spanish in Mexico and not Mexicanese.

i thought Puta was pretty commonly known world wide.. lol at saying he wouldnt know as he speaks Portuguese... just variants and dialects everything is pretty much basic and understandable to either speaker.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

January 07, 2018, 10:51:12 AM
Reply #31

MexicanToffee

i thought Puta was pretty commonly known world wide.. lol at saying he wouldnt know as he speaks Portuguese... just variants and dialects everything is pretty much basic and understandable to either speaker.
Agreed. Invective is all about intonation and facial expression. When someone is calling you a cnut in whatever language you understand instantly.
“He loved Everton, he loved being back at Goodison Park. He always said it was like going to church.”

January 07, 2018, 06:23:00 PM
Reply #32

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
I've seen the first 'Holgate should be sued for bringing the name of their great club into disrepute.' They do that enough themselves
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 07, 2018, 06:42:14 PM
Reply #33

Toffee1

I've seen the first 'Holgate should be sued for bringing the name of their great club into disrepute.' They do that enough themselves

Wonder if they will be wearing t-shirts before the next game in solidarity with their maligned little cherub.

January 07, 2018, 07:45:21 PM
Reply #34

School of Science

Wheat is the least we could do as grateful neighbours, is perhaps we print the t-shirts...
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

January 08, 2018, 03:28:39 AM
Reply #35

Macca77

January 08, 2018, 04:01:04 AM
Reply #36

cantoffee

Some really pathetic things being said. Football really can bring out the worst in people, somehow that seems to happen with Liverpool supporters more than anyone.

January 08, 2018, 04:05:26 AM
Reply #37

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Simply simply lovely

January 08, 2018, 04:07:42 AM
Reply #38

Macca77

Uneducated grown ups spouting shite, embarrassing, never seen it this bad, literally can't win regardless of what was said, very sad. A lot of them are playing the Hillsborough card now, they can't stoop any lower.

January 08, 2018, 04:10:59 AM
Reply #39

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Majority of those dickheads aren't proper fans.

Mostly 15 year old virgins who's main aim in life is to get a tweet to 'bang'

January 08, 2018, 04:12:01 AM
Reply #40

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Uneducated grown ups spouting shite, embarrassing, never seen it this bad, literally can't win regardless of what was said, very sad. A lot of them are playing the Hillsborough card now, they can't stoop any lower.

Seen a lot of that today - mostly from Liverpool fans not from the area. I don't think any sane person could question our support to them over Hillsborough. People seem to forget that Everton fans lost family members too in that
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 08, 2018, 04:30:53 AM
Reply #41

Macca77

Seen a lot of that today - mostly from Liverpool fans not from the area. I don't think any sane person could question our support to them over Hillsborough. People seem to forget that Everton fans lost family members too in that

Spot on

January 08, 2018, 05:21:17 AM
Reply #42

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Just had an argument in the pub

Is it racist if a black lad calls a black lad the n word and the black lad called it is offended?

I said it is, apparently I'm insane

Simply simply lovely

January 08, 2018, 06:10:27 AM
Reply #43

KoemansNumberTens

Is it racist if a black lad calls a black lad the n word and the black lad called it is offended?

I think it's actually intent. If it's meant as an insult then it's racist. Personally I don't think blacking up is racist if it's hero worship. You see stories about kids who've gone as their black heroes for fancy dress. I know the history of blacking up but dressing as your hero isn't the same thing.

I think intent is everything. Though if someone is offended then you should do you best to stop offending them even if there was no intent

January 08, 2018, 06:29:19 AM
Reply #44

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber

No, I don't think it is, it was likely not meant as an insult, sounds like just a misjudgsment of the situation, he might be used to using the word amongst other black mates and just thought it was ok.

Once the other lad says he uncomfortable with it then he should stop calling him it.
He's entitled to be offended, but so is everybody for anything.

Just because he's offended doesn't mean he can stop the lad saying it to anyone else.

Personally I don't think blacking up is racist if it's hero worship.

It is racist, but it doesn't necessarily mean the person who's done is a racist.
Doing it 1 time can be put down to stupidness and naivety, more than once (especially after being told your a stupid twat the first time) then the person is a racist.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"