October 19, 2019, 06:51:33 PM

Author Topic: Firmino/Holgate incident  (Read 27234 times)

January 08, 2018, 07:49:28 PM
Read 27234 times

Lincs Toffee

I'd be very surprised if it's proven tbh, the mirror have said the ref has claimed to not have heard anything said etc.
He's already done them a favour with the soft penalty now conveniently didn't hear anything either...he looks what he is , a twat of the highest order !!
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

January 08, 2018, 09:05:26 PM
Reply #1

Lincs Toffee

P
Might be that he didn't hear it or that it wasn't said.
Probably mate, but Holgate seemed to hear it and he was between him and Firmino, he could also have been dazzled by Firmino's teeth which distracted him.
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

January 08, 2018, 09:07:11 PM
Reply #2

Lincs Toffee

He did actually turn his head away when Firminho said the word, so his attention wasn't there. There is also the chance Firminho mouthed it and didn't actually say it, so the ref wouldn't have heard it then either.

Or Firminho hasn't actually said it.

Personally I think there's more chance of a South American saying something like Negrito (as it's not seen as derogatory, similar to the Suarez situation) than there is of Holgate lieing about it. Holgate wouldn't have known JJKs head had blocked the camera.

There are many suggestions I suppose and I guess none of us will know what actually was said, I do think Madley is a bit of a twat though, just my opinion from watching him over numerous matches.