October 20, 2018, 03:24:01 AM

Author Topic: Firmino/Holgate incident  (Read 20461 times)

January 08, 2018, 10:37:16 PM
Reply #90

everton1952

Neither have I.   Scouse locals would not dream of such behaviour. The crowd behaviour at derby games is typically passionate about the football, nothing else. Makes you wonder why such claims are made?

January 08, 2018, 10:42:52 PM
Reply #91

Bluedylan

Neither have I.   Scouse locals would not dream of such behaviour. The crowd behaviour at derby games is typically passionate about the football, nothing else. Makes you wonder why such claims are made?

A fella is telling you a few posts ago, that he directly heard it. That's why such claims are made.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

January 08, 2018, 11:27:29 PM
Reply #92

Rodenplav64

Legally it is anyone who is offended by what is said be it directly or indirectly . In YOI we had to challenge coloured lads calling each other the N word even if they weren't offended . Funny when they referred to an Officer as ' my nigger ' , nothing to be offended by apparently as we weren't black/coloured ( depending on your perception of racist terminology ) .

January 09, 2018, 12:10:28 AM
Reply #93

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Never once heard a single Everton fan sing anything about Hillsborough, home or away. I havent got to go to many away games in the past few years, but I can't imagine the culture changing that much.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 09, 2018, 12:11:56 AM
Reply #94

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Legally it is anyone who is offended by what is said be it directly or indirectly . In YOI we had to challenge coloured lads calling each other the N word even if they weren't offended . Funny when they referred to an Officer as ' my nigger ' , nothing to be offended by apparently as we weren't black/coloured ( depending on your perception of racist terminology ) .

They were probably more offended by you calling them coloured.

January 09, 2018, 01:03:25 AM
Reply #95

Rodenplav64

I
They were probably more offended by you calling them coloured.

Just proves you can't say right for saying wrong sometimes however unintentional .

January 09, 2018, 01:20:05 AM
Reply #96

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I

Just proves you can't say right for saying wrong sometimes however unintentional .

Apologies, I was being a bit flippant there.

January 09, 2018, 01:43:52 AM
Reply #97

Rodenplav64

Apologies, I was being a bit flippant there.

But your flippancy is actually the reality and partly the reason people are accused of being racist when they are not . These are true , I worked with a Jewish bloke who said " On my life " after everything , A black bloke whose name was White whose Mum nicknamed him Chalky but we were told we couldn't call him it  and a Nigerian who I called Chief and got pulled up for who explained to my Senior Officer that he was a Chief and everyone called him Chief . Sri Lankans used to say call me Phil ( as an example ) and bosses would slam you for not using their full names ( Wickmanayarake ) with Mr before it . People who are looking for it won't stop till they find it . I also thought you were being flippant btw .

January 09, 2018, 03:13:02 AM
Reply #98

stirlingblue

There are always some melts who bring up Hillsborough, in the same way there are idiots on their side who sing songs about Munich to untied fans.

That being said, I do find it quite annoying that 'always the victims' is associated with Hillsborough as it really sums up their fans but anybody who mentions it is accused of making fun of Hillsborough.

January 09, 2018, 03:22:18 AM
Reply #99

ally2

They can never be wrong on anything because Hillsborough was a bad thing

January 09, 2018, 03:27:21 AM
Reply #100

AllyBlue14

There are always some melts who bring up Hillsborough, in the same way there are idiots on their side who sing songs about Munich to untied fans.

That being said, I do find it quite annoying that 'always the victims' is associated with Hillsborough as it really sums up their fans but anybody who mentions it is accused of making fun of Hillsborough.

Typical 'victim' behaviour, you can't have an opinion without them being offended. It's their way of drawing a line and shutting you down.

January 09, 2018, 04:38:08 AM
Reply #101

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
But your flippancy is actually the reality and partly the reason people are accused of being racist when they are not . These are true , I worked with a Jewish bloke who said " On my life " after everything , A black bloke whose name was White whose Mum nicknamed him Chalky but we were told we couldn't call him it  and a Nigerian who I called Chief and got pulled up for who explained to my Senior Officer that he was a Chief and everyone called him Chief . Sri Lankans used to say call me Phil ( as an example ) and bosses would slam you for not using their full names ( Wickmanayarake ) with Mr before it . People who are looking for it won't stop till they find it . I also thought you were being flippant btw .

I had a black friend called White who went by the nickname Chalky too
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 09, 2018, 06:38:11 AM
Reply #102

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I had a black friend called White who went by the nickname Chalky too
Seems quite a common thing. I remember my dad always talking about an old friend he had called Chalky White.

Didn’t Jim Davidson also joke about Chalky?
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

January 09, 2018, 07:20:53 AM
Reply #103

Jamokachi

A lad I work with here in Sydney's sister works for Liverpool FC as a social media officer, doing an internship. Turns out she's good mates with Mason and is getting a whole heap of shit from her colleagues because of what went down in the derby.

Not interesting in the slightest, I know :)

January 09, 2018, 07:50:10 AM
Reply #104

Mac934

A fella is telling you a few posts ago, that he directly heard it. That's why such claims are made.
Maybe it was just a group of people sat near us, but there was a fair few of them all around where we were sat. It was not a pleasant experience. Shameful really.
Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one!