May 27, 2018, 04:47:44 PM

Author Topic: Firmino/Holgate incident  (Read 17137 times)

January 09, 2018, 06:40:54 PM
Reply #120

School of Science

What does lallana do?

Collapse like a deck of cards to win a Penalty.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

January 09, 2018, 07:05:42 PM
Reply #121

MmmBlueRamirez

The way both feet come off the ground like he was clearing an invisible hurdle is cringeworthy.

At least their absolute tramp of a manager admitted it was soft and shouldn’t have been given.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

January 09, 2018, 07:07:31 PM
Reply #122

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
Was this Holgate incident worse or the same as William's push in that Europa league game?

January 09, 2018, 07:34:51 PM
Reply #123

Bluenose 91

The way both feet come off the ground like he was clearing an invisible hurdle is cringeworthy.

At least their absolute tramp of a manager admitted it was soft and shouldn’t have been given.

Not a chance he's saying that if they don't win though.

January 09, 2018, 07:36:58 PM
Reply #124

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Not a chance he's saying that if they don't win though.
He'd be screaming from the top of that stupid stand

Simply simply lovely

January 09, 2018, 08:09:45 PM
Reply #125

Lxxx

His top and bottom jaw would be in different postcodes if their soft penalty wasn't given.

January 09, 2018, 08:25:12 PM
Reply #126

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
The horrible thing that may come from this is the backlash Holgate will get if there is insignificant evidence to charge Firminho. Imagine being racially abused and then abused by other fans for trying to speak up about it, it's a really horrible thought, I hope he has the mental strength to cope with that (if it turns out that way)

For some reason the kopites seem to think that if Firminho isn't charged it means he hasn't said anything and Holgate has made it all up, when it fact it means Firminho could well have said it, there just isn't enough evidence to prove it.

Personally I just can't see Holgate making it up, not when he knows there are cameras everywhere. I can however see Firminho saying a word that he thinks is OK in the UK, because it's fine to use in Brazil.

I get there is an argument that Firminho might not have said anything, but surely that's the least likely. Even if he said something completely non offensive that just sounded like the N word, Holgate and the club are within their right to question it.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 09:51:47 PM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 09, 2018, 08:26:30 PM
Reply #127

Bluedylan

Honestly, I think our penalty in the league game was as soft as theirs.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

January 09, 2018, 08:46:02 PM
Reply #128

Macca77

The horrible thing that may come from this is the backlash Holgate will get if there is insignificant evidence to charge Firminho. Imagine being racially abused and then abused by other fans for trying to speak up about it, it's a really horrible thought, I hope he has the mental strength to cope with that (if it turns out that way)

For some reason the kopites seem to think that if Firminho isn't charged it means he hasn't said anything and Holgate has made it all up, when it fact it means Firminho could well have said it, there just isn't enough evidence to prove it.

Personally I just can't see Holgate making it up, not when he knows there are cameras everywhere. I can see Firminho saying a word that he thinks is OK in the UK, because it's fine to use in Brazil.

I get there is an argument that Firminho might not have said anything, but surely that's the least likely. Even if he said something completely non offensive that just sounded like the N word, Holgate and the club are within their right to question it.

I've heard the "he made it up to stop himself from getting sent off" argument loads of times, its daft, no player would ever do that, no player would grab the ref either

January 09, 2018, 09:12:01 PM
Reply #129

Bluenose 91

Honestly, I think our penalty in the league game was as soft as theirs.

Disagree.

Two hands out stretched from Lovren in to DCL's back compared to Holgate putting his hand on Lallana's shoulder (I think) and his legs go from underneath him?

Without trying to be too biased I don't even think the one we got was soft.  I reckon that gets given every single time.

January 09, 2018, 09:16:48 PM
Reply #130

Waltzer

I still cant believe he hasnt been charged in a similar way Niasse was, there was contact but no way was it enough to put him down

January 09, 2018, 09:21:05 PM
Reply #131

Lxxx

I still cant believe he hasnt been charged in a similar way Niasse was, there was contact but no way was it enough to put him down

Not for both feet to leave the floor. WTF was that all about?

January 09, 2018, 09:23:31 PM
Reply #132

Ridge

My interpretation is that he probably used the same term as Suarez did and the ref heard it.

I think the ref was going to book Holgate and then decided he couldn't book Firmino for racism, and ended up pleading ignorance to it all. He went to 4th official to document that a racist comment had been alleged, but if he hears it, the answer is to send Firmino off. When Holgate makes the accusation, if he's heard something different, explain it to him, he was in the middle of them.

There will be other video footage than what is available to the public, and the ref's mic doesn't have to be activated to be recording. So I think it depends on how the powers want to handle it. But once they start asking Firmino for an explanation I think he's already done for by precedent.

January 09, 2018, 09:24:07 PM
Reply #133

Rodenplav64

Not for both feet to leave the floor. WTF was that all about?

Tripwire and Claymore style .

January 09, 2018, 09:32:39 PM
Reply #134

Macca77

My interpretation is that he probably used the same term as Suarez did and the ref heard it.

I think the ref was going to book Holgate and then decided he couldn't book Firmino for racism, and ended up pleading ignorance to it all. He went to 4th official to document that a racist comment had been alleged, but if he hears it, the answer is to send Firmino off. When Holgate makes the accusation, if he's heard something different, explain it to him, he was in the middle of them.

There will be other video footage than what is available to the public, and the ref's mic doesn't have to be activated to be recording. So I think it depends on how the powers want to handle it. But once they start asking Firmino for an explanation I think he's already done for by precedent.

Few media folk say the ref has already said that he didn't hear anything.