December 12, 2018, 04:45:23 AM

Author Topic: Firmino/Holgate incident  (Read 22015 times)

January 13, 2018, 01:34:42 AM
Reply #210

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I hate the way the world is now, it's gone well too far the other way and this type of shit is an example. Hopefully the FA see sense and just ignore this and realise people change from how they were aged 15.

Can't go a day without seeing some sort of faux outrage over something.

The thing is tho - it hasn’t hasnt gone too far the other way, there are still people being discriminated against daily for being black, or gay, or a woman.

However as you say the profligacy of faux outrage is diluting it to the point were people do genuinely believe racism doesn’t exist or that women ‘have it better’ or whatever. Harmful, damaging stuff.

End of the day nobody is offended by this, it’s literally football twitter grasses.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 13, 2018, 01:36:15 AM
Reply #211

eugene

Marshal ward my go to
Stop right now think of what your saying ......... it was always JUST SEVENTEEN mmm

January 13, 2018, 02:05:34 AM
Reply #212

School of Science

To be fair, society is more accepting of that motto now than it ever has been in my opinion.

I like you though so don't want this to turn into anything ugly!

This has nothing to do with left or right. It's just the tribalism nature of football, I think most can see the comments from Holgate and Robertson aren't really malicious. God knows what I was posting on social media 10 years ago!

Not in the mood to fight you over it, I'd definitely lose, but it seems to me almost everything you say nowadays can be misconstrued. Hate this Facebook, twitter thing where people can be insulted, bullied and ganged up on just because one person doesn't like it and can use it against you for likes to try and make the sad Bastard look / popular. People nowadays seem a lot less tolerant and patient with each other in these times, awful the amount of relationships that break up, leaving one parent families it's a living timebomb for the future. Think I've rambled on to long here.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 02:06:47 AM by School of Science »
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

January 13, 2018, 05:31:10 AM
Reply #213

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
You can't say anything these days, its madness

Do you have something against people with schizophrenia now?
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 13, 2018, 06:27:27 AM
Reply #214

Ross

Some people’s opinions about mental health can be crazy at times..
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 13, 2018, 05:08:12 PM
Reply #215

gizzblue

We don't ...
But I do.
Born not made a blue .

January 13, 2018, 06:08:29 PM
Reply #216

Macca77

Yes

January 13, 2018, 08:24:59 PM
Reply #217

Big Nev

NSNO Subscriber
Does anyone else think this F.A. investigation is dragging on and on?

Nothing from them about it lately and it's over a week now. I bet they are just hoping it all dies down.
Rotterdam \'85
I was there!!!

February 22, 2018, 12:35:51 AM
Reply #218

Macca77

Never in doubt really was it

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/966379123034804224

Redshites saying Holgate should be banned for false accusation

February 22, 2018, 12:42:29 AM
Reply #219

gizzblue

Love the heads falling off 😅😅...we all knew no punishment would be handed out seven weeks ago ..

Why did the fa take that long ?.
Born not made a blue .

February 22, 2018, 12:54:25 AM
Reply #220

sam of the south

Love the heads falling off 😅😅...we all knew no punishment would be handed out seven weeks ago ..

Why did the fa take that long ?.

They took that long making sure there was no evidence around that could make them look corrupt when they inevitably equitted him.

The FA were never going to allow LFC to be awarded with a two-time racism trophy to go in the cabinet alongside their other awards for grade A anti-social behaviour.

Notice how the wording of the statement never even mentioned the word racism, and just used the comfortingly ambiguous term ‘discriminatory language’.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 01:04:14 AM by sam of the south »
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

February 22, 2018, 12:57:36 AM
Reply #221

Thornton_19

I genuinely just hope this is the right decision. More so than anything else.

February 22, 2018, 12:59:55 AM
Reply #222

Tony Clifton

Banned?  He’ll probably get a prison sentence, knowing our luck, and that shower.

February 22, 2018, 01:02:15 AM
Reply #223

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Kopites completely unable to comprehend that just because you can't prove it doesn't mean it didnt happen, when its exactly the same thing they've been levelling at their mates when they call shenanighans against claims they touched a living female.
My momma says I'm special.

February 22, 2018, 01:04:53 AM
Reply #224

Macca77

They're livid, it's actually quite funny seeing them make tits of themselves again.

Best one yet is, Holgate should be jailed for slander against not only the lesbian but the club and their trillions of fans