September 20, 2018, 05:48:40 AM

Author Topic: Firmino/Holgate incident  (Read 19738 times)

February 22, 2018, 02:59:39 AM
Reply #240

sirblue57

And kuyt, Gerrard at al.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

February 22, 2018, 03:07:51 AM
Reply #241

sam of the south

Yeah man. Be objective about. Holgate had completely lost his head after giving away the penalty. Easy to see how he couldíve misinterpreted something or worse lied to try and deflect attention from his own misbehaviour. Iím not going to pretend just because Holgate is one of ours that heís of some superior moral character than Firminho. Ultimately on balance if you had to ask me itís far more likely that there was nothing racist actually said than there was.

Nah, mate.

He was cool as a cucumber, then Firminoís chat sent him barmy.

No chance he made it up.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

February 22, 2018, 03:08:50 AM
Reply #242

Shogun

Administrator
Aye in a split second he thought ďyeah Iíll pretend he said something racistĒ

Poor from you Capitan.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 22, 2018, 03:34:43 AM
Reply #243

irishtoffee

Of course he'll get booed. If it was the other way around we'd do it to their players too

February 22, 2018, 03:39:25 AM
Reply #244

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah man. Be objective about. Holgate had completely lost his head after giving away the penalty. Easy to see how he couldíve misinterpreted something or worse lied to try and deflect attention from his own misbehaviour. Iím not going to pretend just because Holgate is one of ours that heís of some superior moral character than Firminho. Ultimately on balance if you had to ask me itís far more likely that there was nothing racist actually said than there was.

Absolute bollocks
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

February 22, 2018, 03:50:37 AM
Reply #245

blue slug

He was absolutely fine and level headed until Firmino said something so you can only think it must of been offensive or abusive

February 22, 2018, 03:51:10 AM
Reply #246

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber

Got to be honest mate, I'm the complete opposite.
I've witnessed police do absolutely fuck all when someone gets called a black cunt in front of them.

I'd imagine 99% of racist abuse doesn't get reported, and it wouldn't surprise me if 99% of the reported cases don't end up with prosecution.
Very seldom does somone lie about being the victim of racist abuse.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

February 22, 2018, 03:54:12 AM
Reply #247

blue slug

I've witnessed police do absolutely fuck all when someone gets called a black cunt in front of them.

I'd imagine 99% of racist abuse doesn't get reported, and it wouldn't surprise me if 99% of the reported cases don't end up with prosecution.

Agree with that 100% mate

February 22, 2018, 04:00:22 AM
Reply #248

mikey_blue

He was absolutely fine and level headed until Firmino said something so you can only think it must of been offensive or abusive

He pushed him over a barrier first, thatís not very level headed. He might of realised that heíd fucked up and throws shade at Firmino to take the focus off him. Thereís always two sides of the story. Let it lie. Good result for both parties.

February 22, 2018, 04:02:24 AM
Reply #249

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Nah, mate.

He was cool as a cucumber, then Firminoís chat sent him barmy.

No chance he made it up.

I donít think he was that cool. Heíd lost his head, and was then for a moment pretending to be all innocent and quiet knowing heíd just done wrong to try and not get sent off. He was hardly chill.

I just donít understand why everyone is so quick to assume Firminho said something racist, but finds it inconceivable Holgate would do something equally poor.

Why is one of them more likely to be the villain here then? Because he plays for Liverpool? Or because heís foreign?

February 22, 2018, 04:02:29 AM
Reply #250

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

February 22, 2018, 04:08:49 AM
Reply #251

Ross

If Holgate has the acumen turn that situation to his advantage in a split second with such cunning and ingenuity we need to either get him on the touchline as the manager or a starring role in the Black Panther sequel.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 22, 2018, 04:14:24 AM
Reply #252

Macca77

Let's clear one thing up here, Holgate didn't play the racist card to save himself from getting sent off, nobody would do that

February 22, 2018, 04:16:47 AM
Reply #253

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber

If I was putting money on it, Id say I think he probably misheard Firminho.

Thereís no evidence of anything racist being said despite all the cameras, no one as far as we know backing up the allegations despite lots of players nearby. Kenny, the ref, two RS players were right there when Firminho said whatever he said when the camera view was blocked. None of them reacted in a way that suggests anything untoward was said. The FAs have investigated and found nothing.

Iím not saying I think Holgate made it up. Iím saying I think itís about as likely that he did as it is that Firmino actually said something racist.

Obviously I donít know and may be wrong. But what is bollocks and frankly embarrassing is all this Liverpool/FA conspiracy coverup nonsense.  The shite had their best player banned for being racist.

February 22, 2018, 04:18:45 AM
Reply #254

Macca77

What was said has been lost in translation