December 18, 2018, 06:46:38 PM

Author Topic: Tottenham v Everton  (Read 18592 times)

January 13, 2018, 11:59:16 PM
Read 18592 times

Mayor Farnum

No protection for Cucu all game to be fair to him.

January 14, 2018, 01:22:49 AM
Reply #1

Mayor Farnum

Allardyce has got his work cut out if he wants the job on a longer basis as our season is over, the players know it and our results for the rest of the season will be all over the place.

We'll be ok at home as the crowd will demand effort but I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't win again away from home this season.

January 14, 2018, 02:12:16 AM
Reply #2

Mayor Farnum

Thereís very little between 7th and 18th at the minute. Such a poor league and we have a manager who has spent his career in those 11 places. How did it get to this shite situation?

Because we all got giddy counting the money we were spending rather than looking at who we were spending it on?

January 14, 2018, 02:20:11 AM
Reply #3

Mayor Farnum

On one hand I honestly havenít got a clue how to fix this, on the other, I just think we need better players in almost every position.

Moshiri said there would be a few bumps in the road but I wonder if he realises just he far off we are and that weíve gone backwards, because we have. If I was him Iíd literally sack everyone on the football side of things, bring in a top DoF and start again.

The alternative would be to gave the/a manager loads of time and money...

I lost what faith I had in Moshiri's judgement when he looked so utterly shocked at the final whistle of the Arsenal home game.

January 14, 2018, 02:38:15 AM
Reply #4

Mayor Farnum

Hard to believe,aint it?

No, because all the teams below us will get similar results against Spurs, Liverpool and United.

January 14, 2018, 04:54:07 AM
Reply #5

Mayor Farnum

I was born in 79, so have vague memories of the glory days of the 80ís. Just asking but has it ever been this bad? Not just talking about Everton but the league as a whole, the point being that has it ever been so uncompetitive. There is the elite where the top four become a thing which has now evolved Into the top 6, surely the point of being in the league is to win it. Football is becoming a chore and that in my eyes is that itís on its way out unless things change, maybe itís too late for a change. How can any supporter be happy watching any club outside the top 6 getting twatted week in week out by he elite, or parking the bus as we have been guilty of in the hope of a point or a snide win, losing interest myself, maybe it will catch on!

The world becoming a smaller place has meant that top teams now buy the best players in the world; thus widening the gap between themselves and the rest.
 Thirty years ago you would but the top player from Scotland or the Wales captain and it would give you hope for the season.
 Teams main form of income was gate receipts so the top five teams could cherry pick the players from the rest of the division. If a player wanted to make real money he had to play for a top team; a whole career, let alone one contract, at West Ham or Southampton would not set a player up financially for life as is the case today.
 But even in those days with our financial advantage we never really made it count. We would back a manager a one player at a time, breaking transfer records now and again, but never signing three or four at once to really challenge the top team. We also never showed any real ambition when it came to managers. Despite regularly being linked with the likes of Clough and Robson we always went for an up and coming manager, in my time it only worked once; Howard Kendall.
 I've never known Everton to be ambitious, even when we had more going for us than most teams. I go back to 1975.