September 21, 2018, 11:38:45 AM

Author Topic: Tottenham v Everton  (Read 16121 times)

January 14, 2018, 01:14:58 AM
Read 16121 times

Ih8redshite

No doubt we will all have a wank over the agm coz for a change they tell it half truths. Then when reality hits and we see the gulf in performances between spurs and us. Not long ago this would be a winnable game or atleast we would match them. They have improved in the years and we have gone backwards. Same old we wonít be competing while Kenwright has any input in the club apart from being a supporter like the rest of us 

January 14, 2018, 01:19:41 AM
Reply #1

Ih8redshite

"Not long ago this would have been a winnable gameĒ ? Mate, we haven't beat them for ten years, is 11 years ago not long ago ?
Time is all a matter of perception

January 14, 2018, 02:15:06 AM
Reply #2

Ih8redshite

Nothing will ever change until changes are made at the top. We canít compete as we have a chairman who canít compete in the modern game. Nothing has improved since mid moyes era, admittedly he would prob still be here, the only reason he ainít is coz he fucked us off

January 14, 2018, 02:59:29 AM
Reply #3

Ih8redshite

When is the penny gonna drop that we are shite and have been for many years. We still are living off our achievements of the 80s itís only through blind love that 98% of the fan base are still supporting the team. What other business or sport has a delusional loyal fan base such as ours. Itís crazy anyway I thought we would at least compete but we are shockingly shit and hat has come from the top level of us stagnating for far too long. Would any other top four Prem team behave as we have done ?

January 14, 2018, 03:01:28 AM
Reply #4

Ih8redshite

Itís the whole Everton club from the top down

January 14, 2018, 03:37:13 AM
Reply #5

Ih8redshite

I was born in 79, so have vague memories of the glory days of the 80ís. Just asking but has it ever been this bad? Not just talking about Everton but the league as a whole, the point being that has it ever been so uncompetitive. There is the elite where the top four become a thing which has now evolved Into the top 6, surely the point of being in the league is to win it. Football is becoming a chore and that in my eyes is that itís on its way out unless things change, maybe itís too late for a change. How can any supporter be happy watching any club outside the top 6 getting twatted week in week out by he elite, or parking the bus as we have been guilty of in the hope of a point or a snide win, losing interest myself, maybe it will catch on!

January 14, 2018, 05:19:29 AM
Reply #6

Ih8redshite

The world becoming a smaller place has meant that top teams now buy the best players in the world; thus widening the gap between themselves and the rest.
 Thirty years ago you would but the top player from Scotland or the Wales captain and it would give you hope for the season.
 Teams main form of income was gate receipts so the top five teams could cherry pick the players from the rest of the division. If a player wanted to make real money he had to play for a top team; a whole career, let alone one contract, at West Ham or Southampton would not set a player up financially for life as is the case today.
 But even in those days with our financial advantage we never really made it count. We would back a manager a one player at a time, breaking transfer records now and again, but never signing three or four at once to really challenge the top team. We also never showed any real ambition when it came to managers. Despite regularly being linked with the likes of Clough and Robson we always went for an up and coming manager, in my time it only worked once; Howard Kendall.
 I've never known Everton to be ambitious, even when we had more going for us than most teams. I go back to 1975.

Brilliant, appreciate the insight