October 17, 2018, 01:29:13 AM

Author Topic: AGM  (Read 8398 times)

January 10, 2018, 12:54:00 PM
Reply #90

Bluedylan

So where you live at now BD?

Sheffield. Still get back regularly like. Was home for a couple of weeks at Chrimbo.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

January 10, 2018, 02:09:40 PM
Reply #91

Bob Sacamano

What was said about Barkley?

January 10, 2018, 02:10:20 PM
Reply #92

Bob Sacamano

Sheffield. Still get back regularly like. Was home for a couple of weeks at Chrimbo.

I really like Sheff. I go there for work and always think I would be cool living there.

January 10, 2018, 02:15:19 PM
Reply #93

Bluedylan

What was said about Barkley?

They offered him big money. His agent went missing for 6 months. Then they reluctantly agreed to sell for 35m in the summer, and he fucked that up and sat on his arse getting paid and doing us out of 20m in the process.

Nothing massively new like but just a confirmation from the powers that be of his rat-like qualities.

January 10, 2018, 02:17:40 PM
Reply #94

Bluedylan

I really like Sheff. I go there for work and always think I would be cool living there.

Yeah it's proper green which is nice, and two good independent cinemas which I know you'd appreciate. Nice place to live. Redshite everywhere like but that's the case wherever you go.

January 10, 2018, 02:29:24 PM
Reply #95

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
They offered him big money. His agent went missing for 6 months. Then they reluctantly agreed to sell for 35m in the summer, and he fucked that up and sat on his arse getting paid and doing us out of 20m in the process.

Nothing massively new like but just a confirmation from the powers that be of his rat-like qualities.

also, he promised to enter into negotiations with a view to signing an extension if we let his "mate" Stones go to City.
We did but Barkley didn't come to the table/his agent blanked us for 6 months.

January 10, 2018, 02:33:26 PM
Reply #96

Simon Paul

Administrator
I like the bit where he says he feels betrayed by Jim White for sharing his texts and calls on Sky and Twitter, at the exact moment that type of thing needs sharing on Sky or Twitter to help PR

Mad as a box of frogs this fella.

January 10, 2018, 04:19:18 PM
Reply #97

Bob Sacamano

also, he promised to enter into negotiations with a view to signing an extension if we let his "mate" Stones go to City.
We did but Barkley didn't come to the table/his agent blanked us for 6 months.

This is a whole new level of having us off. Wtf.

January 10, 2018, 04:53:59 PM
Reply #98

Simon Paul

Administrator
This is a whole new level of having us off. Wtf.

We're believing this then?

January 10, 2018, 05:03:24 PM
Reply #99

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
We're believing this then?

Not saying i believe everything from the AGM. But other than it's absurd, is there another basis you doubt it?

January 10, 2018, 05:37:54 PM
Reply #100

Simon Paul

Administrator
Not saying i believe everything from the AGM. But other than it's absurd, is there another basis you doubt it?

I don't see any reason to believe it to be honest

"If you don't sell one of our best defenders then I'm leaving"

"If you don't show your ambition by selling a hot young prospect then I"m off"

there's also very little to suggest that Barkley and Stones were *that* close

it's a very odd thing to make up, but after dealing with this football club for so long, it's not the strangest thing that would have been concocted by the board. it's not really necessary either, but it helps put the final nail in the coffin of any respect our fanbase may have possibly had for the boy.

there's also the fact that Ross Barkley is properly thick, and yet this is the first suggestion of this story in over 18 months.  there is absolutely no way he would have been quiet about it if he wanted "his mate" to move to City so badly that he dodged his own contract negotiations.

there is already enough bad feeling towards Ross but Moshiri seemed to want the last word and to have the last dig.  I'm not buying the Stones thing, personally, but then again I don't need to. 

the club have been wanting to sell Ross for years - it was part of the mandate given to Martinez for a start - and are pissed off that he held out and the club didn't get the maximum fee.

January 10, 2018, 05:43:15 PM
Reply #101

Lincs Toffee

Yeah it's proper green which is nice, and two good independent cinemas which I know you'd appreciate. Nice place to live. Redshite everywhere like but that's the case wherever you go.
My daughter was at Uni there and is now teaching at Rotherham but still lives in Crookes, she loves it and will never leave I don't think.
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

January 10, 2018, 05:47:49 PM
Reply #102

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not particularly buying the Lukaku/mother thing either to be honest.

I've put it all in the same space as Kenwright's "I went to the big bank and begged to borrow 10p more".

I reckon it's all just hyperbole andtalking for the sake orf talking. Saying what thye think people want to hear.

January 10, 2018, 05:54:49 PM
Reply #103

Simon Paul

Administrator
I'm not particularly buying the Lukaku/mother thing either to be honest.

I've put it all in the same space as Kenwright's "I went to the big bank and begged to borrow 10p more".

I reckon it's all just hyperbole andtalking for the sake orf talking. Saying what thye think people want to hear.

definitely

it's also making sure there is enough doubt in people's minds for when Barkley tells his side of the story too....

January 10, 2018, 06:39:05 PM
Reply #104

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

Was this actually said at the AGM, by whom ?