December 17, 2018, 08:03:23 PM

Author Topic: You do voodoo? He do  (Read 4409 times)

January 10, 2018, 04:21:52 PM
Reply #15

Lxxx

This is the only bit that mattered:

"The issue with Romelu was not financial. As long as I am major shareholder, financial issues are irrelevant"

Mad hearing the top man at Everton say that.

Mad 👌🏼

Call me a miserable bastard but I'd like him to be a bit more circumspect when he talks about our financial situation now. Selling clubs and agents have us in their crosshairs already, this won't do anything to stop us getting fleeced from here on in.

January 10, 2018, 04:32:12 PM
Reply #16

sam of the south

Call me a miserable bastard but I'd like him to be a bit more circumspect when he talks about our financial situation now. Selling clubs and agents have us in their crosshairs already, this won't do anything to stop us getting fleeced from here on in.

Yes, that did cross my mind once the initial excitement had died diwn
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 10, 2018, 04:36:04 PM
Reply #17

Gash

Global Moderator

It's up there with Martinez statement that we can 'compete against anyone in world football'. It's naive at best, we don't have a bottomless pit of money and paying over the odds for 'decent' players isn't sustainable, especially when they don't work out and we need to somehow get their huge salaries off the wage bill.

January 10, 2018, 04:51:07 PM
Reply #18

sam of the south

It's up there with Martinez statement that we can 'compete against anyone in world football'. It's naive at best, we don't have a bottomless pit of money and paying over the odds for 'decent' players isn't sustainable, especially when they don't work out and we need to somehow get their huge salaries off the wage bill.

Yes, totally agree.

It is, however, nice to hear it initially, after years of "we'll gooo with hwhat we've got"
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 10, 2018, 05:17:22 PM
Reply #19

BlueMaquis

It could work both ways though. We could find certain agents and players taking more of an interest in us at least initially because they know we will be able to satisfy their financial demands.

January 10, 2018, 05:40:19 PM
Reply #20

blue1948

Isn't voodoo an American thing? Why would a Belgian of African descent have any interest in it?
Sometimes it is best to say nothing .

https://listverse.com/2013/12/11/10-things-you-didnt-know-about-voodoo/
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 05:45:42 PM by blue1948 »

January 10, 2018, 05:41:58 PM
Reply #21

blue1948

So you want him to be quiet ? isnt it him footing the inflated bill?

January 10, 2018, 06:33:03 PM
Reply #22

Macca77

January 10, 2018, 06:34:09 PM
Reply #23

BlueMaquis

Sometimes it is best to say nothing .

https://listverse.com/2013/12/11/10-things-you-didnt-know-about-voodoo/

Sometimes it is best to use accurate sources

http://www.univie.ac.at/Anglistik/webprojects/LiveMiss/Voodoo/chap1.htm
Voodoo originated in the West Indies country of Haiti during the French Colonial Period

January 10, 2018, 06:47:16 PM
Reply #24

Lxxx

I'm not sure whether I like the fact that our majority shareholder doesn't seem like a full shilling or not.

January 10, 2018, 06:48:47 PM
Reply #25

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He's in big trouble if this isn't true.

After last night I'm starting to believe the rumours he's just a front for Usmanov.

For somebody so wealth he's isn't half naive.

January 10, 2018, 07:06:57 PM
Reply #26

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
This is the only bit that mattered:

"The issue with Romelu was not financial. As long as I am major shareholder, financial issues are irrelevant"

Mad hearing the top man at Everton say that.

Mad 👌🏼

Itís also bullshit.

What the fuck was he thinking of saying this voodoo shite? Personally really disappointed, looks to me like heís just trying to ingratiate himself further with fans by making Lukaku and his ma look like mongs.

Tbh I think Moshiri is a bit of a dickhead, and Iím not 100% convinced on his acumen for running a club either.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 10, 2018, 07:11:06 PM
Reply #27

Gash

Global Moderator
I'm beginning to think he's an absolute hatstand.

January 10, 2018, 07:11:36 PM
Reply #28

Django

Really feel like Moshiri running a football club is akin to giving a dinner jacket to a frog.

He's got no clue about how to behave and is making himself a laughing stock with comments like that. Even the Suarez comment he made just makes us look really small time imo.

Heavy how he just admitted he falls for Jim White 141'ing him to get info.

January 10, 2018, 07:14:56 PM
Reply #29

Lxxx

He's just attempting to enjoy his 15 minutes of fame. He's been a bag man for the big boys and now this is his time to grab a bit of limelight. It's not working.