December 19, 2018, 01:39:34 AM

Author Topic: You do voodoo? He do  (Read 4416 times)

January 10, 2018, 05:40:19 PM
Read 4416 times

blue1948

Isn't voodoo an American thing? Why would a Belgian of African descent have any interest in it?
Sometimes it is best to say nothing .

https://listverse.com/2013/12/11/10-things-you-didnt-know-about-voodoo/
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 05:45:42 PM by blue1948 »

January 10, 2018, 05:41:58 PM
Reply #1

blue1948

Call me a miserable bastard but I'd like him to be a bit more circumspect when he talks about our financial situation now. Selling clubs and agents have us in their crosshairs already, this won't do anything to stop us getting fleeced from here on in.
So you want him to be quiet ? isnt it him footing the inflated bill?

January 10, 2018, 07:18:01 PM
Reply #2

blue1948

Sometimes it is best to use accurate sources

http://www.univie.ac.at/Anglistik/webprojects/LiveMiss/Voodoo/chap1.htm
I don't think the origin has anything to do with Lukaku .The fact that he has reacted to it has nothing whatsoever to do with Haiti ,no more than any belief in a country where it didn't originate .

January 10, 2018, 07:22:45 PM
Reply #3

blue1948

I don't know if he is naive but the comments about him and his business acumen really are if not just stupid ,to imagine a man who is a self made billionaire ( We all get a leg up somewhere along the road) is not up to it beggars belief !! I have no idea what gets you lot to spout shite like that but for that I am out .

January 11, 2018, 11:08:06 AM
Reply #4

blue1948

I don't think anyone's question his business acumen, more how he conducts himself and some of the things that come out his mouth. However, he wouldn't be the first successful business man to see a football club as a bit of an ego trip and go against everything he's learned in "normal" business and make a complete mess of it. The recent history in the Premier League and Championship is full of wealthy, self made business people who have taken clubs to the brink of ruin. I'm not saying that's what Moshiri is doing here but it's stupid to suggest that just because he's been successful outside of football automatically means that he will do here as well.
I think you have only confirmed what I was trying to say ,I never said he would automatically succeed that was only your interpretation .All I meant was he is not a business fool ,if he was given a "gift " then you can rest assured it was not for nothing. Do I like the things he says -NO -but that is not the point ,the point is whether he is what we need at the moment and whether he is a front for Usmanov .That in itself is laughable the man likes to be the centre of attention ,had the chance to sell his shares and still he hasn't made a move ,so what exactly do you think ?