November 12, 2018, 11:52:31 PM

Author Topic: You do voodoo? He do  (Read 4249 times)

January 10, 2018, 07:18:01 PM
Reply #30

blue1948

Sometimes it is best to use accurate sources

http://www.univie.ac.at/Anglistik/webprojects/LiveMiss/Voodoo/chap1.htm
I don't think the origin has anything to do with Lukaku .The fact that he has reacted to it has nothing whatsoever to do with Haiti ,no more than any belief in a country where it didn't originate .

January 10, 2018, 07:22:45 PM
Reply #31

blue1948

I don't know if he is naive but the comments about him and his business acumen really are if not just stupid ,to imagine a man who is a self made billionaire ( We all get a leg up somewhere along the road) is not up to it beggars belief !! I have no idea what gets you lot to spout shite like that but for that I am out .

January 10, 2018, 07:23:20 PM
Reply #32

TSGun

It could be seen as a bit over the top if viewed that way but isn't he really only putting to rest any thought that Lukaku didn't stay due to wage requirements?

There is naivety, people will analyse every word you say.

January 10, 2018, 07:23:54 PM
Reply #33

Macca77

Moshiri comes across as uncle nobhead.

January 10, 2018, 07:25:49 PM
Reply #34

KoemansNumberTens

https://twitter.com/MattHughesTimes/status/951067175728697344

Fuck him. Probably 99.9% not true but even with them odds sometimes the unexpected happens

January 10, 2018, 07:26:26 PM
Reply #35

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Fuck him. Probably 99.9% not true but even with them odds sometimes the unexpected happens
Could see that coming a mile off
Simply simply lovely

January 10, 2018, 07:27:05 PM
Reply #36

Lxxx

I don't know if he is naive but the comments about him and his business acumen really are if not just stupid ,to imagine a man who is a self made billionaire ( We all get a leg up somewhere along the road) is not up to it beggars belief !! I have no idea what gets you lot to spout shite like that but for that I am out .

He got his stakes in companies worth over a billion by way of a gift from Usmanov did he not?

January 10, 2018, 07:27:44 PM
Reply #37

gizzblue

More proof ....He's a kid with an ant farm and magnifying glass ...wondering why it's all burning .
Born not made a blue .

January 10, 2018, 07:28:06 PM
Reply #38

sam of the south

Could see that coming a mile off

Yeah, I was 99.9% certain a comment like that would happen.

Etc.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 10, 2018, 07:30:32 PM
Reply #39

sam of the south

Itís also bullshit.

What the fuck was he thinking of saying this voodoo shite? Personally really disappointed, looks to me like heís just trying to ingratiate himself further with fans by making Lukaku and his ma look like mongs.

Tbh I think Moshiri is a bit of a dickhead, and Iím not 100% convinced on his acumen for running a club either.

Yes, the voodoo comment is crazy.

It's what you'd expect someone like Joe Kinnear to say about a black player who didn't want to play for him anymore.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 10, 2018, 07:31:26 PM
Reply #40

charlatan

Certainly our transfer dealings since he arrived makes him appear to not have a clue

January 10, 2018, 08:20:34 PM
Reply #41

Gash

Global Moderator

I don't think anyone's question his business acumen, more how he conducts himself and some of the things that come out his mouth. However, he wouldn't be the first successful business man to see a football club as a bit of an ego trip and go against everything he's learned in "normal" business and make a complete mess of it. The recent history in the Premier League and Championship is full of wealthy, self made business people who have taken clubs to the brink of ruin. I'm not saying that's what Moshiri is doing here but it's stupid to suggest that just because he's been successful outside of football automatically means that he will do here as well.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 08:23:44 PM by Gash »

January 10, 2018, 08:37:09 PM
Reply #42

Bluedylan

Fuck Lukaku with his snooty 'representative's statement' as well. Dickhead.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

January 10, 2018, 08:43:11 PM
Reply #43

Lxxx

I think the only saving grace on this one is that he's a successful accountant by trade, used to working with some of the largest companies in the world, and therefore you would think his appreciation of making the numbers work would be his primary concern. The rest is all fluff, embarrassing fluff mind, but stuff you hope can be addressed by some sensible words in his ear and a professional PR/Comms team in place.

January 10, 2018, 08:45:03 PM
Reply #44

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Stinging retort from the "representative":

Romelu is very catholic and voodoo is not part of his life or his beliefs.
He simply had no faith in Everton and no confidence in Mr Moshiri's project. That is why he did not want to sign on any condition.
He wanted to make the next step in his career and wanted the security to be able to leave.