December 18, 2018, 05:04:27 PM

Author Topic: Theo Walcott  (Read 28013 times)

January 12, 2018, 04:09:09 PM
Reply #120

dangermouse

But we don't get shit in reality .. ..cos we Don't get a say at the end of the day do we .

The control freaks among us..really have to let the men actually running the club worry about the money😆.side of it.
Also what budget are we talking has Moshi told you how much has willing to spend like ?.

I imagine you have some really interesting opinions on net spend too.
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

January 12, 2018, 04:15:06 PM
Reply #121

dangermouse

Happening isn't it? Brings pace but little else.

19 goals last season, 10 goals in 23 prem starts........

January 12, 2018, 04:16:48 PM
Reply #122

BlueNoseMike

2 years younger I believe this would be a snip. As it is it's probably still a decent price in today's market.

My only worry is if lookman and vlasic look at this and think I'm leaving.

If they stay then we've gone from having no pace/width  to lots of it next season

Bolasie
Walcott
Lookman
Onyekuru
Lennon (probably off)
Vlasic (less pacey but a good wide player

January 12, 2018, 04:18:23 PM
Reply #123

Macca77

Imagine being an Arsenal fan, Wenger took the to new heights when he arrived, the invincibles etc, now all of their best players want to leave, he still refuses to spend the huge amount of money he's got on new players (denied the Malcolm link and said he will only bring the right players in yet again) the majority of fans them want him gone, in reality he should've gone years ago.

We'd be made up with a few FA Cups like.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 04:20:33 PM by Macca77 »

January 12, 2018, 04:20:32 PM
Reply #124

Lxxx

He kind of plays in an inside right position, always looking to get in and around the box and on the back of the last defender to be a goal threat. All our other wingers don't get anywhere near the area so on that score he'd be an asset.

I keep flip flopping on this signing. Pretty unimaginative but could be pretty productive.

January 12, 2018, 04:22:27 PM
Reply #125

Macca77

He kind of plays in an inside right position, always looking to get in and around the box and on the back of the last defender to be a goal threat. All our other wingers don't get anywhere near the area so on that score he'd be an asset.

I keep flip flopping on this signing. Pretty unimaginative but could be pretty productive.

I'm pretty much the same, he offers pace and scores goals though which is better than what we've got now, than what we've had for years actually, Walcott and a fully fit Bolasie will be great to see.

January 12, 2018, 04:22:28 PM
Reply #126

Waltzer

2 years younger I believe this would be a snip. As it is it's probably still a decent price in today's market.

My only worry is if lookman and vlasic look at this and think I'm leaving.

If they stay then we've gone from having no pace/width  to lots of it next season

Bolasie
Walcott
Lookman
Onyekuru
Lennon (probably off)
Vlasic (less pacey but a good wide player

Thats my main concern, I think the positives with Walcott are that he'd still be a genuine threat through the middle if required. We dont know how Tosun will get on, but if he struggles we could chuck Walcott up there and still play one of the others. I also think it'll take him a few weeks to get up to speed to play a full 90 minutes so id expect them to get plenty of game time anyway

January 12, 2018, 04:25:27 PM
Reply #127

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Allardyce confirming that we are only going after one target at a time and everything is tied up in Walcott at the minute.
The past has hinted that we do this, but it's devastating to find out it's actually true.

So if this dfrags on and falls through late we will have insufficient time to do anything else.

This club, man.

January 12, 2018, 04:30:50 PM
Reply #128

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 12, 2018, 04:31:32 PM
Reply #129

Cereal Killer

Allardyce confirming that we are only going after one target at a time and everything is tied up in Walcott at the minute.
The past has hinted that we do this, but it's devastating to find out it's actually true.

So if this dfrags on and falls through late we will have insufficient time to do anything else.

This club, man.

Steve Walsh needs to take a training course in multi-tasking

January 12, 2018, 04:31:37 PM
Reply #130

KoemansNumberTens

Imagine being an Arsenal fan, Wenger took the to new heights when he arrived, the invincibles etc, now all of their best players want to leave, he still refuses to spend the huge amount of money he's got on new players (denied the Malcolm link and said he will only bring the right players in yet again) the majority of fans them want him gone, in reality he should've gone years ago.

We'd be made up with a few FA Cups like.

He's got a bit of the Roberto martinezs about him. His project over the actual results. Though at least Wenger does seem to have some of the basics down

January 12, 2018, 04:35:41 PM
Reply #131

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Steve Walsh needs to take a training course in multi-tasking
Or we need to hire a woman for the job.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

January 12, 2018, 04:37:27 PM
Reply #132

MmmblueBernard

Context:

19 goals for Arsenal

We’re not Arsenal. Nowhere near.

Last time I said this I also suggested Walcott would sink like a stone here. I was perhaps a little hasty in staying that.

Given the players at our disposal we would improve significantly to create more chances to help Walcott shine.

Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

January 12, 2018, 04:41:48 PM
Reply #133

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Context:

19 goals for Arsenal

We’re not Arsenal. Nowhere near.

Last time I said this I also suggested Walcott would sink like a stone here. I was perhaps a little hasty in staying that.

Given the players at our disposal we would improve significantly to create more chances to help Walcott shine.

So, and i assume i must be massively wide of the mark here because it seems like nonsense:

We shouldn't buy good players because we don't have the calibre of players to play around them for them to continue being good?

January 12, 2018, 04:44:56 PM
Reply #134

dangermouse

So, and i assume i must be massively wide of the mark here because it seems like nonsense:

We shouldn't buy good players because we don't have the calibre of players to play around them for them to continue being good?

exactly, lets not buy good players because we arnt a good team   .......................