October 21, 2018, 03:41:09 PM

Author Topic: Theo Walcott  (Read 26681 times)

January 17, 2018, 01:18:12 PM
Reply #525

boothill

i think its great, cant wait for him and coleman to be giving left backs a new arsehole

January 17, 2018, 01:29:54 PM
Reply #526

Trublue

any player signing with big Sam here will not get a go from some on here

True, like him or not Sam is the manager.  To be honest January is a difficult market to deal in. I'm quite excited to get Walcott, no he isn't a world class player, but loads of premier experience with international and Champions league games too.

January 17, 2018, 01:35:41 PM
Reply #527

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Kopite

Shall we put that down twice, or perhaps in bold?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 17, 2018, 02:12:16 PM
Reply #528

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
He comes in last summer and Koeman is still in a job i reckon.

January 17, 2018, 02:21:27 PM
Reply #529

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

January 17, 2018, 02:35:16 PM
Reply #530

Rodenplav64

If he can register a shot on target in any of the 10-15 games a season he will play in then he is worth it . There is a good player in there but I thought that about Schneiderlin , Sigurdsson , Klassen , Sandro , Vlasic , Lookman ....................... we are just not delivering as a team and don't seem to be able to get anywhere near finishing the jigsaw . Big worry is we only had to beat Southampton to his signature .

January 17, 2018, 02:46:04 PM
Reply #531

Simon Paul

Administrator
Blue Moon have got a 4250+ page thread for Alexis Sanchez not signing for them.

Blue Moon are lucky bastards though

Two takeovers from growing football cultures right when forums were at their height

And Mica Richards used to post the team news on there too

January 17, 2018, 02:51:53 PM
Reply #532

Rodenplav64

Certainly didn’t mean to like that, why such fucking negativity before the guy has even kicked a ball !
It must be horrible to have such a negative outloook, try a little positive thinking instead of raking up negative stats that have no bearing on the future.

As positive as those who thought Sandro would bag us 20 a season . Its an opinion and he is entitled to it like you are so why argue with everyone who doesn't agree with you . Try just ignoring comments you don't like instead .

January 17, 2018, 03:01:25 PM
Reply #533

ajax_andy

Tosun & Walcott have improved our first team quality massively, regardless of whether everyone is onboard with the latter there's no doubting we are considerably more of an attacking threat than before the window opened.

If we can bring in a left back too this has to surely be the best Jan window we've ever had.

Kudos to the board who have got 2 first team players in for relatively low transfer fees during a window where there's never usually any value.

They've got a lot wrong recently and received a lot of criticism for it, so deserve some praise for their work so far this window (please get an LB though!)

January 17, 2018, 03:33:29 PM
Reply #534

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
As positive as those who thought Sandro would bag us 20 a season . Its an opinion and he is entitled to it like you are so why argue with everyone who doesn't agree with you . Try just ignoring comments you don't like instead .
You’re right, we are both entitled to an opinion, he’s expressed his, ive expressed mine, that’s all.

January 17, 2018, 03:34:05 PM
Reply #535

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He doesn’t NOT improve us, and i expect Lennon, Niasse, Sandro 🙁, and Klaassen 🙁 to go shortly.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 17, 2018, 03:59:44 PM
Reply #536

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
He doesn’t NOT improve us, and i expect Lennon, Niasse, Sandro 🙁, and Klaassen 🙁 to go shortly.

I think it's hard to argue that he will be anything other than the best player in our squad.

Any of them 4 going wouldn't be noticed. But i'd keep hold of Klaassen of at all possible. In the right system i think he could be a top player. Especially in cups or Europe (if we ever make it back into it)

Allardyce mentioned it was one-out, one-in after Tosun and that he wanted to trim the squad. Mirallas out, Walcott in. Niasse/Lennon/Sandro out and a left back in would do me fine.
In fact, i'd think it was a really productive window.

January 17, 2018, 04:10:22 PM
Reply #537

Ramjam

Did someone say earlier in the week that Swansea was interested in Klaassen?
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 17, 2018, 05:04:59 PM
Reply #538

Rodenplav64

You’re right, we are both entitled to an opinion, he’s expressed his, ive expressed mine, that’s all.

Maybe you should have just given yours then without having a go at his perceived negativity . For me Walcott has coasted his career and yes he has undoubted ability . Ian Wright thinks along those lines as an out and out Arsenal fan . I just struggle to see a player like Walcott getting a new lease of life and busting a gut . Pairing him with such an ineffective and inconsistent player as Bolasie for me is not wise given how poor we are out of possession . I am not sure how creative Walcott is as to be honest , interest wise , he rarely starts and he just passes me by along with Arsenal . Can he provide the ammunition Tosun will need if he is not to look as hopeless as Sandro has when he has had a chance ? If he does then for the price someone with his reputation ( all he has at times ) then he is doubtless a potentially very good buy . Despite everyone saying this is the worse squad we have ever had I am just not having that on paper we have some excellent players and some very promising youngsters . If only we had the right Manager for long term development .

January 17, 2018, 05:09:29 PM
Reply #539

Lxxx

I guess we'll soon enough won't we.