November 21, 2018, 01:31:01 PM

Author Topic: Theo Walcott  (Read 27399 times)

January 13, 2018, 06:59:31 PM
Reply #15

Lxxx

Weíll also need to replace Rooney in 18 months and start thinking about replacements for Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin (whoíll both be around 30). Players who combined cost us around £80million in the last 12 months.

We donít have a bottomless pit of money or sellable assets. And we donít have mouth-watering commerical revenue streams (sorry to sound like The Esk) to sustain this level of spending.

There is no medium or long term planning in our recruitment.

I'd agree with all that, however not all players will fall off a cliff once they reach 30. Rooney did because he'd played a full career by his late 20's but someone like Sig could feasibly go on well into his 30's as he looks to have a clever brain about him. Walcott may well keep his pace like Lennon has too.

I'm just playing devils advocate though as I would ideally like to see a more joined up and imaginative recruitment strategy but we where we are and if it's not coming for whatever reason then I suppose he's better than what we have so I'll take it as it might make us less boring to watch if nothing else. 

January 14, 2018, 03:55:33 AM
Reply #16

Lxxx

Probably saw thatís shite today and decided to swerve. Donít blame him.

January 15, 2018, 10:26:43 PM
Reply #17

Lxxx

Arsed.

January 16, 2018, 01:02:04 PM
Reply #18

Lxxx

We just need to get the ball out to him early and get in the box to support him now. Not just lazy balls out wide then standing and hoping he creates something on his own.
He was always good at Ďgive n goísí around the right hand side of the box. We need to give him someone to give it to.

January 16, 2018, 03:08:46 PM
Reply #19

Lxxx

Heís better than every other attacking player at the club so on that basis itís got to be a good move.

January 16, 2018, 04:07:37 PM
Reply #20

Lxxx

Kenny is a liability unfortunately

He needs a break. This is his first season in top flight football and mentally he's showing it. It's a tough ask for a young kid in a struggling side, same with DCL. They've been overplayed for their talent and stage of development.

January 16, 2018, 07:04:18 PM
Reply #21

Lxxx

Walcott is a good piece of business imo. Instant upgrade on Lennon and will offer much more than Mirallas did post 2012-13.

His record really stands up. He's nearing on 1 in 4. Which for a player who has constantly been played in various roles and from the bench is really good.

I think people forget the quality difference of players playing for the likes of Arsenal, United etc. He'll come in and have a better touch and more instinct than anyone in our squad.

Not over the moon that we seem to be going for short term fixes but then again we do have the like of Lookman and Vlasic who look like the real deal but it's just way too soon for them to contribute consistently.

I've seen this posted a few times but as yet Sam hasn't given any indication he seems to think the same, certainly with Vlasic and aside from a fleeting half hour against the shite Lookman either.

January 16, 2018, 07:14:20 PM
Reply #22

Lxxx

It's hardly surprising Sam's not concerning himself too much with options for the 2019/20 season when he's on an 18 month contract. He's bothered about his reputation and the here and now, it'll be someone else's job to pick the bones out of an ageing midfield while he's sat in his villa in Portugal or wherever waiting for the next panicking chairman to top up his pension.

January 16, 2018, 07:39:01 PM
Reply #23

Lxxx

https://twitter.com/BenRansomSky/status/953252299564048384

Errr is he mad? Or is this total shit

We offered to match his astronomical wages.

January 16, 2018, 08:06:57 PM
Reply #24

Lxxx

He's 18 months younger than Mirallas and Lennon and offers more in terms of productivity so on that score he'll be an improvement. Not very imaginative but if as our owner says money is no longer an issue (silly statement) then it has to be seen to be a step in the right direction.

January 17, 2018, 01:26:48 AM
Reply #25

Lxxx

Bolasie has though.

Bolasie spent most of his career at Palace on the left, with Puncheon cutting inside from the right.

January 17, 2018, 03:37:39 AM
Reply #26

Lxxx

Contract Dave is the team captain of the Tuesday night quiz at his local so it has to wait till the morning.

January 17, 2018, 05:09:29 PM
Reply #27

Lxxx

I guess we'll soon enough won't we.