August 21, 2018, 11:14:47 PM

Author Topic: Theo Walcott  (Read 25296 times)

January 12, 2018, 03:12:17 PM
Reply #105

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Be surprised if this doesn't happen given the constant reports.

Don't know if that makes me happy or not.

He's 29 in March and hasn't started a single premier league game this season.

January 12, 2018, 03:16:12 PM
Reply #106

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Did he really score 19 last year?
Because if he did that seems to fly int he face of the "he's ineffective" opinion held by a few on here (including some people who's opinion i trust on football).

Financial & value arguments are all relative.
20m nowadays is insignificant. We've just paid more than that on somebody who has all the hallmarks of being a Mikel Madar type signing.
Wages? yeah, i think that's something that's more important, because that's relative to other people currently in the squad.

But from the sounds of things Moshiri was willing to pay weekly wages that "we wouldn't believe" to Lukaku. Wage as a percentage of turnover has gone down this year so we can afford a decent old rise in wages in the summer. so th eonly argument is how the Bolasie's & Sigurdssons of the world judge the value of 120k a week for Walcott

January 12, 2018, 03:19:21 PM
Reply #107

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Sam in his conference then just spoke openly about how the talks with Walcott are progressing, looks like it's defo gonna happen.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 12, 2018, 03:25:55 PM
Reply #108

Gumpinio

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42660224

"Everton manager Sam Allardyce has confirmed the club is negotiating with Arsenal to sign Theo Walcott on a permanent deal."
"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people."
"When we have lost everything, including hope, life becomes a disgrace, and death a duty"
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

January 12, 2018, 03:26:45 PM
Reply #109

Cozzie

I'd still be happy with him here.

Not exactly a signing to set the pulse racing but an improvement on Mirallas if you are looking at the "one in, one out" side of things.

He will step us up that level I believe.

Him and Bolasie on the wings with the options of Lennon, Lookman and Vlasic also we cant argue we dont have decent wide options.

I get the argumemt we should buy players with potential to improve but nothing wrong with getting players in for the now either and getting the balance right, we have Vlasic and Lookman for the later if they prove their potential.

January 12, 2018, 03:26:49 PM
Reply #110

Waltzer

I think he'd Walk into our team and from my perspective thats the main thing. Hes got pace and with him one side and Bolasie the other, Sig behind Tosun I think that would be a pretty respectable front line. They could really do some damage and tire the opposition allowing the likes of Lookman to come on and have a real go for the last 30 mins

January 12, 2018, 03:28:13 PM
Reply #111

Macca77

Hes an instant upgrade on Mirallas and Lennon

January 12, 2018, 03:37:23 PM
Reply #112

Macca77

Wenger was pretty coy as well there, just said I cannot tell you anything but he is still an Arsenal player

January 12, 2018, 03:51:10 PM
Reply #113

dax78

Is he currently fit, and available
Hans segers is a legend ;)

January 12, 2018, 03:51:58 PM
Reply #114

Lxxx

Wenger was pretty coy as well there, just said I cannot tell you anything but he is still an Arsenal player

Probably because he knows he's fucked up. If he gets decent offers for Walcott, Sanchez and Ozil then he's left with an ageing Giroud, an injury-probe Welbeck and a badly out of form Lacazette to try and get top 4.

January 12, 2018, 03:54:02 PM
Reply #115

Robioto

Happening isn't it? Brings pace but little else.

January 12, 2018, 03:57:48 PM
Reply #116

Waltzer

Probably because he knows he's fucked up. If he gets decent offers for Walcott, Sanchez and Ozil then he's left with an ageing Giroud, an injury-probe Welbeck and a badly out of form Lacazette to try and get top 4.

They're after Malcom, whoever he is, and Sanchez is a difficult one, why sell him for 20 million and miss out on CL, I can see them keeping him and letting him go for nothing in the summer?

And id still have an ageing Giroud if we could get him as part of the Walcott deal, maybe their wife's are friends and Mrs Giroud would be open to the move of moving up North?

January 12, 2018, 04:03:29 PM
Reply #117

dangermouse

Can't make my mind up on him
He is quick and direct and a decent finisher, something we have not got, however he is rarely fit and is prone to being, well, a bit shit too

Id suggest saying hes "rarely fit"  is a bit harsh. Hes played more than 30 games a season for all but two seasons of his Arsenal career.
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

January 12, 2018, 04:05:49 PM
Reply #118

Waltzer

Happening isn't it? Brings pace but little else.

Little else?
2017/18 = 15 games 4 goals
2016/17 = 37 games 19 goals
2015/16 = 42 games 9 goals
2014/15 = 22 games 7 goals
2013/14 = 18 games 6 goals

Hes basically got a 1 in 3 record over that period, and you can see when he gets a run of games hes very productive. If he brings very little else, how would you quantify what Lennon, Miralles or any of our other wingers bring to the team? Granted he isnt Messi but to say he brings little else is harsh!

January 12, 2018, 04:06:44 PM
Reply #119

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theo_Walcott

There's the numbers for people.

Last season was his most productive, yet he couldn't get in the team this season?