November 13, 2018, 04:03:42 AM

Author Topic: Theo Walcott  (Read 27099 times)

January 16, 2018, 05:29:16 AM
Reply #15

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Those touches in the box will drop dramatically. All those numbers will get worse after being here for the next ~4 months.

These stats vary way to heavily on the talent you play with.

Yep dont disagree but it is what it is, at least on some metrics hes starting from a good place.

Some of our signings are already poor at major things and then come into a shite side.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 16, 2018, 03:59:12 PM
Reply #16

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Kenny is a liability unfortunately
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 16, 2018, 04:55:44 PM
Reply #17

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Think Kenny has been excellent this season, will agree he had the run around against Son, but let's not let one performance cloud our judgement. Son is in fantastic form and has been one of Spurs best players for the last two seasons. I would have no problem seeing Kenny eventually take over from Seamus.

No problem with him being in and around the side but long term taking over from Coleman needs to be another athlete with naturally attacking nature.

Kenny is small, not quick, and a poor dribbler. Not going to take over long term I’m afraid.

Edit : get tavernier in the summer with Kenny going on loan to rangers.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 05:02:33 PM by brap2 »

January 16, 2018, 08:00:45 PM
Reply #18

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
That's a poor shout.

Yeah it might be actually. Think Ive let Son roasting him go to my head a bit.

What I will say is hes deceptively good in the air and defends his back post better than Baines ever has, and is a good 1v1 tackler with a hibbo-esque slidey in the locker.

Maybe his attacking outlook will improve with Walcott / Tosun ahead of him.

January 17, 2018, 12:21:43 AM
Reply #19

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Left wing letting Sigurdsson play centrally

Rooney dropping back replacing McCarthy

Everything crossed for this

January 17, 2018, 05:51:19 AM
Reply #20

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Says more about me than him but I dont really know what kinds of goals he scores. Has anyone got a boss highlight video to whet the old appetite?

Positives :

Fast
Knows the prem
Can score
Can assist
Can be direct
Generally better than what we have in general
Tactically flexibility - RW/LW/ST
Has scored in big, clutch moments
Big club experience
European experience
4-4-2 RWers who score are extremely rare and generally expensive
Potential fun return of the ex narrative moment when walcott scores the winner against the arse and wenger explodes.

Negatives
Expensive wages
Age (not too bad but you know)
Injury record
Looks a bit like Lewis Hamilton
Reminds me a bit of Lewis Hamilton
I dont like Lewis Hamilton
Doubt we can sell him on unless we get a mad China offer 🇨🇳
Potentially horrible flop
Looks like his arse has gone
Feel like hes probably a bit of a boring slug

January 17, 2018, 01:35:41 PM
Reply #21

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Kopite

Shall we put that down twice, or perhaps in bold?

January 17, 2018, 03:34:05 PM
Reply #22

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He doesnt NOT improve us, and i expect Lennon, Niasse, Sandro 🙁, and Klaassen 🙁 to go shortly.

January 17, 2018, 08:23:09 PM
Reply #23

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
yeah, i don't buy the "worst squad in ages" thinking.

I do buy the "worst footballing philosophy in ages" though

One of the slowest back fours in the prem due to injuries and bad planning

Only two left footed players in the squad both dreadfully injured

No recognised left back in the squad despite Baines age and injuries and form

3 of our backline are now 30+ And it is showing badly in injuries and form

Worst striking options in the Prem bar none up until last week.

Glaring gaps in midfield, both defensive and attacking abilities

Relying on teenagers week in week out

Back up goalies absolutely shite

Distinct lack of chance creators from open play and it is showing.

I mean, weve had SOME of these problems before, but never all at once.

January 17, 2018, 08:48:31 PM
Reply #24

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
One of the slowest back fours in the prem due to injuries and bad planning
Coleman, Keane, Jags/Williams, Baines is not even close to the worst back 4 we have had in living memory.
We've had to play tony Hibbert as centre half before today.

Slowest

Only two left footed players in the squad both dreadfully injured

Outside of the left back position i'm not having that as some kind of marker to be honest

A sign of imbalance imo but fair enough I wont argue too much.

No recognised left back in the squad despite Baines age and injuries and form
I'm sure i remember a time when both Pistone and Naysmith were injured.

Right and who filled in? But if it are going back to 2000-2007 its still 10-11 years mate

3 of our backline are now 30+ And it is showing badly in injuries and form

more than 3 of our defenders are less than 30. Gough, Weir and Stubbs were all over 30 at the same time.

Different era altogether, if you are slow you are going to get punished. Massive investment needed. Again how far are you going back here??

Worst striking options in the Prem bar none up until last week.

As an Evertonian, dont dare come at me with a stat like this? You genuinely think this is the worst attacking line up we've fielded?
Do you remember Steve Watson playing up front? (granted, he scored a hattrick like. But fuck me)

I mean in the current prem. that Everton side was worse. 2003. And yeah, I would have 18 year old rooney or an aging Ferguson/Campbell over Niasse and DCL.

2003 lad.

Glaring gaps in midfield, both defensive and attacking abilities

Defensively? You mean like Gueye who people were rating as a second tier Kante 18 months ago? Schneiderlin who was our best player when he came in?
Offensively? You mean like our record signing who tore up trees in the prem for years and a clutch of really bright kids?

You are right we are solid as a rock and creating so many chances for our strikers I cant believe my eyes.

I said glaring gaps, not every single player is shite at every single thing.

Relying on teenagers week in week out
"you win nothing with kids"

You win nothing with average kids

Back up goalies absolutely shite

good job backup keepers are only needed every few years. There have been looong periods where our first choice kepper has been absolutely shite.

Sound ok

Distinct lack of chance creators from open play and it is showing.
I think you're conflating my two actual points here.

Apologies if I am. Im talking about squad weaknesses and thats one of them.

I mean, weve had SOME of these problems before, but never all at once.

No, we've had them all and worse at times.

So were not as bad as were 15 years ago when we nearly went down.

Great news everyone.

We still have a squad much, much stronger than at nearly any point in the premier league. (because squads as an entity didn't exist before that then you could say it's amongst the best ever).

OK, the team itself has been a bit lopsided. but you've definitely fell into the trap of thinking shit performance/tactics equals shit players.

January 17, 2018, 09:00:46 PM
Reply #25

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I dont think 15-20 years is ages.
I don't think this is the worst squad we have had either side of that time period.
I think you are confusing managers initiating shit football with players being shit.

There is not a squad in world football that would do well if they took to the field with the instructions these guys seem to be getting given.
It was criminal not to bring a striker in during the summer yeah. The left back position needs sorting out as well.
but those things do not make this a bad squad.

Totally agree that tactically we are a mess, but have to agree to disagree re:squad quality over 15 years. Thats a long time to go back to say Ey we were worse then? Madness to me that.

January 17, 2018, 10:08:04 PM
Reply #26

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
it all depends on the word ages though doesn't it?

I said it's not the worst squad we've had in ages. I stand by that.
It just seems we differ as to what an age is  :thumbsup:

No worries, Im potentially going overboard again anyway...it has been known.