November 22, 2018, 02:24:37 AM

Author Topic: Theo Walcott  (Read 27490 times)

January 12, 2018, 07:51:49 PM
Read 27490 times

Ross

It wasn't a yes or no question.

As a player, do you think you would learn more by being around the likes of Wayne Rooney, Walcott etc or the likes of Shane Long or less than average players like that?

DCL will still get opportunities. He'll also be able to go back to learning at his own pace and not have the pressure to be the main goal scorer in one of the top clubs in the country. That will be of greater benefit to him.

DCL has been directly involved in 40% of our league goals, and hes only played in his true position for a quarter of a season the rest of the time was spent either out wide or bizarrely as a wingback. Youre doing him a massive disservice here Blargs its clear to see hes being asked to carry the attack on his own and any experienced striker would struggle with that, as will Tosun if we continue to employe the sort of tactics that places our soul forward 40 yards advanced of any support and asked to battle with 3 or 4 defenders on his own.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 12, 2018, 08:38:19 PM
Reply #1

Ross

If you are going to isolate one specific point and treat it as that is the only condition, then no, I cannot, which is why as a combination of the several reasons I gave, this will hopefully help him to kick on. Playing week in, week out clearly isn't the answer either. You seem to have quite a binary attitude towards this. I don't get why you seem to think that DCL won't be playing anymore, because I certainly didn't say that.

We've only scored 25 goals, so while the 40% stat you provided sounds good, that's actually 10 goals, and he's only scored 3 of them. Which for a striker is pants really.

But I don't think I've dissed him, he's done well for his age and experience, but we've been crying out for someone to lead the line all season. DCL is a decent player, but he's nowhere near as good as Lukaku when he first arrived.

You cant compare him to Lukaku at 20 because the teams set up completely different with different criteria and the role they both have in those respective teams is completely different. 25 goals so far is the clear indication of this as is 4 shots on target in our last 5 games. Unless were signing Suarez circa 2013/14 a new striker wont change that.

Anyway this is about Walcott, whos an upgrade on what weve got but not likely to be the sort of transfer to push us closer to the leading clubs. It actually reminds of something wed have done under Moyes expect the figures are a little different and its Arsenal and not Utd.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 13, 2018, 12:55:27 AM
Reply #2

Ross

That's honestly awful. Its like we have no scouting network at all. 100 fucking mil on that

Depressing when you realise Lukaku, Barkley, Stones and Deulofeu will all be about to enter their prime years as well.

January 16, 2018, 06:15:32 PM
Reply #3

Ross

I'm assuming they'd play him in the middle....

Yes, no, maybe...

January 16, 2018, 06:47:26 PM
Reply #4

Ross

And Schneiderlin.  And Martina.  And Steklenberg.

Now I fuckin hate Southampton as well.

January 16, 2018, 08:10:35 PM
Reply #5

Ross

Looks like Moshiri can still rely on Jimbo Whitey even after what he said about him at the AGM.

January 16, 2018, 09:15:50 PM
Reply #6

Ross

I do wonder how all those teams he kept up did so without ever playing attacking football?
What a load of rubbish not based on any of the evidence

Lookman and Vlasic didnt get a look in under Koeman and Unsy, but of course its big sams fault they are not ready for first team football.

Lookman featured in 6 of Unsworths 8 games.