November 20, 2018, 08:26:51 PM

Author Topic: Theo Walcott  (Read 27369 times)

January 12, 2018, 03:26:45 PM
Read 27369 times

Cozzie

I'd still be happy with him here.

Not exactly a signing to set the pulse racing but an improvement on Mirallas if you are looking at the "one in, one out" side of things.

He will step us up that level I believe.

Him and Bolasie on the wings with the options of Lennon, Lookman and Vlasic also we cant argue we dont have decent wide options.

I get the argumemt we should buy players with potential to improve but nothing wrong with getting players in for the now either and getting the balance right, we have Vlasic and Lookman for the later if they prove their potential.

January 13, 2018, 02:03:47 AM
Reply #1

Cozzie

Hopefully we can look forward to more of this when he signs.

https://twitter.com/Jackcarter98_/status/802890183939072000

January 13, 2018, 03:38:19 PM
Reply #2

Cozzie

City are prepared to walk away from Sanchez because arsenal want £35m no way would I pay more than £20m for Walcott if Sanchez is worth £35m

Isn't sanchez in the final 6 months of his contract though?

Could go for nothing in the summer.

If anything Sanchez is worth more than £35M

January 16, 2018, 06:21:51 PM
Reply #3

Cozzie

January 16, 2018, 06:25:12 PM
Reply #4

Cozzie

I think with Tosun and Walcott we have two players giving us what we have lacked a lot this season, I just fear we have got the wrong manager to get the best out of them.

January 16, 2018, 08:05:09 PM
Reply #5

Cozzie

As I said my biggest worry is that we practically have the most negative manager in the league.

We will probably still see 3 DM's and Rooney in forcing Sig out wide.

Can't help but feel we wont see the potential of the players we have under Sam. 

January 16, 2018, 08:21:07 PM
Reply #6

Cozzie

Which players in particular do you fear will not have their potential realised under Allardyce?

Lookman and Vlasic will probably not get the game time needed under his tenure here, at least that is what it feels like.

Sig will most likely never get played centrally either, with Rooney being accommodated.

The defence will always be sound in essence, but he just doesn't do attacking football, regardless of who he has at his disposal. 

January 16, 2018, 08:33:52 PM
Reply #7

Cozzie

I do wonder how all those teams he kept up did so without ever playing attacking football?
What a load of rubbish not based on any of the evidence

Lookman and Vlasic didnít get a look in under Koeman and Unsy, but of course itís big sams fault they are not ready for first team football.

I must be watching different matches as every time rooney goes off, Sigurdsson goes central. But as you say it Ďneverí happens.

But as you say, itís all about ho you feel - when you footballing opinions are based on feelings not facts, you need to have a word with yourself

The "facts" are we have had 5 shots on target in our last 6 games.

He kept those teams up with dire football because that was his brief, his brief here will not have been to "keep us up" If you think Allardyce has in any way promoted good attacking football at any point in his managerial career so far then I salute your delusion.

He has time to turn this around but I am not confident he will ever get us playing in any way shape or form a style of threatening football at all.

January 16, 2018, 08:57:54 PM
Reply #8

Cozzie

Now can we have a Left Back and a defensive midfielder that can pass/tackle/hold on to the ball.

N'zonzi and a new LB will be a good window, if we can continue to turf out the dead wood.

January 16, 2018, 09:39:34 PM
Reply #9

Cozzie

Just read that Walcott grew up a Liverpool fan.

Why do I do this to myself?

January 16, 2018, 10:01:38 PM
Reply #10

Cozzie

If it isn't bad enough watching a great Shite team beat a great City team last week, and listening to Carra tossing himself off over it ever since, now we get massive infiltration by former Kopites. I hear they want Goodison Park as a car park for their matchdays. Where does it all end?  Have you heard the Kopite joke about Everton's new ground? They have named it "The Pothole". i.e. it will never get filled. It is all a joke I know, except for last week's match which was painfully true and the Carra gloating.   

I usually think I am bad but Christ mate, you aren't half one negative bastard.

January 17, 2018, 12:30:47 AM
Reply #11

Cozzie

Yeah I am pretty sure he is predominantly a right sided player.