October 16, 2018, 04:01:28 AM

Author Topic: Theo Walcott  (Read 26467 times)

January 17, 2018, 05:18:15 PM
Reply #540

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Despite everyone saying this is the worse squad we have ever had I am just not having that on paper we have some excellent players and some very promising youngsters . If only we had the right Manager for long term development .

Think there is a semantics issue there. When i see people like you saying stuff like this:
There is a good player in there but I thought that about Schneiderlin , Sigurdsson , Klassen , Sandro , Vlasic , Lookman ....................... we are just not delivering as a team and don't seem to be able to get anywhere near finishing the jigsaw .

Then it's easy to assume it means people think our squad is shit.
But all of those players *are* really good. Every one of them is a really bright talent.

But any questions as to why they are not playing well has to lead towards the managers and that get's shot down as being wrong.

January 17, 2018, 05:24:05 PM
Reply #541

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Maybe you should have just given yours then without having a go at his perceived negativity . For me Walcott has coasted his career and yes he has undoubted ability . Ian Wright thinks along those lines as an out and out Arsenal fan . I just struggle to see a player like Walcott getting a new lease of life and busting a gut . Pairing him with such an ineffective and inconsistent player as Bolasie for me is not wise given how poor we are out of possession . I am not sure how creative Walcott is as to be honest , interest wise , he rarely starts and he just passes me by along with Arsenal . Can he provide the ammunition Tosun will need if he is not to look as hopeless as Sandro has when he has had a chance ? If he does then for the price someone with his reputation ( all he has at times ) then he is doubtless a potentially very good buy . Despite everyone saying this is the worse squad we have ever had I am just not having that on paper we have some excellent players and some very promising youngsters . If only we had the right Manager for long term development .

Respect your view and as Lxxx says, time will tell, don’t think there’s really any merit in making any comparison with Sandro, dropped into a mismanaged squad straight from a minor Spanish club compared to a player with 12 years Premiership experience. Was maybe a bit harsh with my original comment but negativity wasn’t “perceived” it was quite real and I just don’t get how sometimes we condemn players before they have been given a chance.

January 17, 2018, 05:24:44 PM
Reply #542

Rodenplav64

Think there is a semantics issue there. When i see people like you saying stuff like this:
Then it's easy to assume it means people think our squad is shit.
But all of those players *are* really good. Every one of them is a really bright talent.

But any questions as to why they are not playing well has to lead towards the managers and that get's shot down as being wrong.

I thought right from day one that Koeman was pretty clueless and had no tactics in mind . We looked like headless chickens and under him Messi would have looked shite . Allardyce has tactics and no one argues that . They are negative and after 5 or 6 shit performances the solution was to be more negative . To me again it doesn't matter about the players if the tactics and mind set are wrong . You rely on moments of brilliance and they have been few and far between this season . Walcott has scoring ability but not if he is 2 feet from his own area for most of the game .

January 17, 2018, 05:25:55 PM
Reply #543

Ridge

This made me chuckle, not sure the 2 reasons are carrying equal weight.

Quote from: Sky Sports
Sky Sports News understands that the Merseyside club's spending power and Walcott's desire to work with Allardyce are the key reasons for his decision to head to the north-west.

January 17, 2018, 05:26:21 PM
Reply #544

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
yeah, i don't buy the "worst squad in ages" thinking.

I do buy the "worst footballing philosophy in ages" though

January 17, 2018, 05:26:48 PM
Reply #545

formerKHL

don't know whether it's already been said in this thread....not read through it all..

but why does it take everton so long to get a signing done ?

with regards to the Walcott "argument"  is he/isn't he....he's hardly played etc...

my first worry is his injury record....
I have no worries however about his undoubted ability.....his goal record is good for an arsenal team where "he couldn't get in the team" to coin a phrase posted on here...couple his injury record with the players who got above him in the pecking order, because of his injury record....and for me there's the answer....

so keep him injury free and we've got ourselves an class player...imo

January 17, 2018, 05:27:11 PM
Reply #546

Rodenplav64

I guess we'll soon enough won't we.

That will be the clubs motto soon as the old one has no merit these days .

January 17, 2018, 05:56:45 PM
Reply #547

sam of the south

I guess we'll soon enough won't we.

That depends on what you mean by 'soon'.

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 17, 2018, 06:10:39 PM
Reply #548

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Makes you wonder where we would have been now, if we would have had a forward line-up of Tosun and Walcott from the first game. I'd guess around 10 points better off and fighting with Arsenal for 6th, not currently 7 points off relegation.

January 17, 2018, 06:19:50 PM
Reply #549

formerKHL

Makes you wonder where we would have been now, if we would have had a forward line-up of Tosun and Walcott from the first game. I'd guess around 10 points better off and fighting with Arsenal for 6th, not currently 7 points off relegation.

or 7 points of 7th ?...glass half full...

January 17, 2018, 06:31:13 PM
Reply #550

Macca77

Fee agreed days ago, personal terms agreed and medical passed yesterday afternoon and yet still no official announcement

January 17, 2018, 06:33:00 PM
Reply #551

Lincs Toffee

Fee agreed days ago, personal terms agreed and medical passed yesterday afternoon and yet still no official announcement

Probably pulled his hammy while walking up the stairs doing the welcome video and now we are trying to back out of the deal.
“I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that.” - Dixie Dean

January 17, 2018, 06:38:46 PM
Reply #552

Rodenplav64

Give them a chance to play before you start making predictions of where we would have been . Before the season started we were going to be in 4th by now according to some .

January 17, 2018, 06:44:38 PM
Reply #553

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

It’s all the videos and interviews they like to do to put out straight away.

Surely people are more bothered about the announcement and can wait 24 hrs for an interview etc?!

January 17, 2018, 06:53:58 PM
Reply #554

mikey_blue

Waiting for some good lighting to film the video.