August 17, 2018, 07:46:06 PM

Author Topic: [News]Pickford saves England blushes and shows critics why he's England number one  (Read 439 times)

July 04, 2018, 04:24:13 AM
Read 439 times

Everton News

Pickford saves England blushes and shows critics why he's England number one

Everton goalkeeper Jordan Pickford has shown the world why he is England number one with a penalty save to ensure the Three Lions make it to the quarter final in Russia. England were pegged back by a late Colombia header which should have been cleared by Kieran Trippier before Jordan Henderson missed a penalty in […]

Source: Pickford saves England blushes and shows critics why he's England number one

July 04, 2018, 04:29:45 AM
Reply #1

MmmblueBernard

Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

July 04, 2018, 07:20:00 AM
Reply #2

Ramjam

We need to back our own players while the rest of the top 6 pundits try to pull them down. Only thing Iím hearing is the Harry Kane wankathon because he scores lots of penalties, nearly as bad as listening about everything Salah.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

July 04, 2018, 11:10:27 AM
Reply #3

Bluedylan

We need to back our own players while the rest of the top 6 pundits try to pull them down. Only thing Iím hearing is the Harry Kane wankathon because he scores lots of penalties, nearly as bad as listening about everything Salah.

Nah mate. Harry Kane's fucking brilliant and deserves all the plaudits he gets.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

July 04, 2018, 11:23:20 AM
Reply #4

Ramjam

Nah mate. Harry Kane's fucking brilliant and deserves all the plaudits he gets.
He is a great player mate but ffs have you read the bbc sport ratings? They give him a 9, he scored two pens, that was his contribution for the entire game yet Pickford gets an 8, everyone else got 6 and 7s. Personally I just think itís wrong, maybe my blue specks
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

July 04, 2018, 11:47:02 AM
Reply #5

Bluedylan

He is a great player mate but ffs have you read the bbc sport ratings? They give him a 9, he scored two pens, that was his contribution for the entire game yet Pickford gets an 8, everyone else got 6 and 7s. Personally I just think itís wrong, maybe my blue specks

Yeah your blue specs definitely. Took two ice cold penalties, held the ball up amazingly and won massively important fouls when the team needed it to calm things down. Totally un-English in his professionalism and game awareness.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

July 04, 2018, 01:15:06 PM
Reply #6

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber

Kane was incredible last night. Drawing fouls all over the shop, calming the play down. Perfect centre forward display.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

July 04, 2018, 02:02:41 PM
Reply #7

ZVictorOne

Just shows how opinions can differ. I was watching him particularly last night after an argument with a Spurs fan. I though his hold up play was poor. Kept giving it away. Doesn't lead the line well at all.
ZVictorOne

July 04, 2018, 03:36:11 PM
Reply #8

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

July 04, 2018, 03:48:02 PM
Reply #9

Alanvideo

Kane deserves great credit for scoring the pen after the Colombians harangued the ref for about 5 minutes .They should be fined for that . Kane played a real captain's game ,it's not a media wankfest like Salah ,it's well deserved praise. He'll still be a cockney twat when he scores against us though. 
We are special ,we are Everton.

July 04, 2018, 07:07:27 PM
Reply #10

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

Pickford really did very little most of the game, the defence in front of him was so good he had little to do.

But he was of course, to hand for the magnificent save (although I'm still in two minds if it was going wide, not that it matters, he didn't know) and of course the all important penalty save.

The mark of a great keeper is having little to do, but then coming up with the goods when it matters. He did that.

But Kane is inspirational. I never liked him for the first couple of years he was on the scene, but his attitude and professionalism has turned my head. This England team seem to have a lot of the spirit that is evident in this Spurs side. The comparative lack of ego is refreshing.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles