November 16, 2018, 06:19:58 PM

Author Topic: Luke Garbutt  (Read 6873 times)

January 12, 2018, 10:19:59 PM
Reply #45

Ridge

No you only need 8 HG players, we had 14.

You need 4 players who were here from under 18, but also any player under 21 doesn't have to be registered. Barkley, Jones, Byrne and I presume Rooney, but I'm not sure.

January 12, 2018, 10:20:14 PM
Reply #46

gizzblue

Barkley was shit on loan too.
Barkley was shit.

Fixed
Born not made a blue .

January 12, 2018, 10:24:17 PM
Reply #47

kewns23

Too be fair he’s had bad injuries
He was recalled from Fulham

He getting as the manager is content with Cuco

Did he play in that behind closed doors game ????
Ever in need of a Printer speak too me or check out our ebay shop
Blakes-Emporium
<a href = "http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Blakes-Emporium?_trksid=p2047675.l2563">

January 12, 2018, 10:26:24 PM
Reply #48

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
You need 4 players who were here from under 18, but also any player under 21 doesn't have to be registered. Barkley, Jones, Byrne and I presume Rooney, but I'm not sure.

Don't think that's correct.

From the PL website

After the closing of the summer transfer window each Premier League club had until 4pm BST on 1 September to submit a squad list containing no more than 17 players who do not fulfil the "Home Grown Player" (HGP) criteria.

The rest of the squad, up to a total of 25 players, must be Home Grown.

An HGP means a player who, irrespective of nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to The Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons, or 36 months, before his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

Our registered HGPs were

Baines, Leighton John*
Barkley, Ross*
Bolasie, Yannick*
Byrne, Sam John*
Jagielka, Philip Nikodem*
Jones, Gethin Wynne*
Keane, Michael Vincent*
Lennon, Aaron*
McCarthy, James*
Pickford, Jordan Lee*
Rooney, Wayne Mark*
Schneiderlin, Morgan*
Sigurdsson, Gylfi Thor*
Williams, Ashley Errol*

« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 10:30:14 PM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 12, 2018, 10:32:49 PM
Reply #49

Ridge

Don't think that's correct.

From the PL website

After the closing of the summer transfer window each Premier League club had until 4pm BST on 1 September to submit a squad list containing no more than 17 players who do not fulfil the "Home Grown Player" (HGP) criteria.

The rest of the squad, up to a total of 25 players, must be Home Grown.

An HGP means a player who, irrespective of nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to The Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons, or 36 months, before his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

They might have changed the rules, but while above is all technically accurate. I'm fairly sure the 8 home grown players consists of 4 players from your U18s, 4 players U21 in UK.

January 12, 2018, 10:35:02 PM
Reply #50

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
They might have changed the rules, but while above is all technically accurate. I'm fairly sure the 8 home grown players consists of 4 players from 18s, 4 players U21.

Nope , just Koeman was a useless twat.

Straight from the PL rule book

A “Home Grown Player” is defined in the (Rule 33.8) as a player who:

irrespective of their nationality or age, has been registered with either:their current club (who is a member of the EFL); and/ora club and/or any other football club affiliated with the Football Association (“FA“) or Football Association of Wales (for example, EPL or non-league clubs)for a period, continuous or non-continuous, of three seasons or 36 months prior to his 21stbirthday (or the end of the season during which they turn 21).

January 12, 2018, 10:36:00 PM
Reply #51

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
They might have changed the rules, but while above is all technically accurate. I'm fairly sure the 8 home grown players consists of 4 players from your U18s, 4 players U21 in UK.
Is this not for the europa league?
Simply simply lovely

January 12, 2018, 10:38:33 PM
Reply #52

Ridge

That's the rule for the 8 coming from UK, 4 of the players are supposed to have come from your club.

January 12, 2018, 10:39:25 PM
Reply #53

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Is this not for the europa league?

Sounds more like it.

That's the rule for the 8 coming from UK, 4 of the players are supposed to have come from your club.

It's just the rule for the Europa League, not the Premier League. The HGP rule for the Premier league is the full 8 have to have had 3 seasons before the age 21.

The Europa league has to have 8 players, but 4 have to have come through that clubs academy.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 10:41:23 PM by Duncs_a_legend »

January 12, 2018, 11:09:00 PM
Reply #54

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
big song and dance to get him to sign a new deal then fucked him out on loan to play a center back in his spot I would be pissed of with that as well

I think it was that he was in the team but prevaricating over whether to sign or not.

Then when it looked like he wasn’t going to sign RM picked Galloway instead for the last few games of the season; he did ok and kept ahead of Garbutt, he ended up signing but wasn’t seen again.

January 12, 2018, 11:32:55 PM
Reply #55

Ridge

Strange, must be getting confused with Europa then. That's what not playing computer games for a number of years will do to you.

Would have to assume that Byrne and Jones were spare squad spaces we didn't fill, but seems a bit strange we didn't include Garbutt.

January 12, 2018, 11:38:24 PM
Reply #56

Lxxx

Strange, must be getting confused with Europa then. That's what not playing computer games for a number of years will do to you.

Would have to assume that Byrne and Jones were spare squad spaces we didn't fill, but seems a bit strange we didn't include Garbutt.

Makes no sense unless it was a power play between Koeman and Walsh to show his disappointment at not getting what he asked for.

January 13, 2018, 12:53:54 AM
Reply #57

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber

Me neither, just noticed it on the PL website when I put the squad list on the other day.

They must be too old to put as an under 21, so the only logical explanation can be that the manager thought they may play some part this year, as you don't have to register the full 25, you can do less.

January 13, 2018, 02:29:36 AM
Reply #58

Ridge

Me neither, just noticed it on the PL website when I put the squad list on the other day.

They must be too old to put as an under 21, so the only logical explanation can be that the manager thought they may play some part this year, as you don't have to register the full 25, you can do less.

I think there is a rule that you have to register 25 players at close of window, unless short on numbers. Presumably to stop you keeping loads spare and picking the ones you need as you go along.

January 13, 2018, 02:44:56 AM
Reply #59

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I think there is a rule that you have to register 25 players at close of window, unless short on numbers. Presumably to stop you keeping loads spare and picking the ones you need as you go along.

The only rule is the maximum of 17 non HG players.

Quite a few registered less than 25 actually, some as low as just 18.
Bournemouth, Burnley, Chelsea (would you believe It), Palace, Huddersfield, Leicester, Man City (just 18!), Stoke, Spurs (20), West Brom & West Ham.

In fact, more clubs registered less than 25 than the full 25, strange management by us.