September 20, 2018, 08:41:52 AM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce wants dull Everton to become more boring  (Read 5630 times)

January 14, 2018, 04:17:42 AM
Read 5630 times

ally2

Wish we could go back to the days when we were playing good stuff and winning all the time.  Y'know - wasn't long ago was it?  Oh wait a minute let's blame someone who's been here a month. 

I hope he stays.
I hope he bores the fuck out of everyone.
I hope you lads absolutely hate it.

January 14, 2018, 04:22:37 AM
Reply #1

ally2

Be great for the club moving into a new stadium and failing to sell tickets wouldn't it?

Not like the business model depends on selling a certain amount of tickets each season is it?

Those of us who have been commenting on Everton for a number of years know that when the football is good, ticket sales are higher than when it's not.

Imagine if Allardyce made our stadium completely unfeasible.

Bet you'd love that as well.

If it rooted out the wimps and cry baby fans then yeah I'd be all for it.

January 14, 2018, 04:31:43 AM
Reply #2

ally2

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Fucking hell!!

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

Get on you!

Hahahahahahahahahahaha ha!

We're not a big club any more Si.

January 14, 2018, 05:01:25 AM
Reply #3

ally2

So turning fans off from paying to go the game is an even worse idea then isn't it

Being a big club has nothing to do with entertaining the fans

Nailed it. It's that sense of entitlement which is the problem. And that is in the context of what had gone before. If this was 1991 then I'd understand it. But this is the equivalent of a toddler having a tantrum. "Entertain me!".

If he feels we need to be pragmatic then so be it. We didn't actually sit back that deep today. The main problem was that spurs were significantly better in personnel in every single position on the field. But you would rather spin it as Allardyce being typical Allardyce seeing us up to fail etc etc.

January 14, 2018, 06:01:27 AM
Reply #4

ally2

It's not entitlement. It's fact. I'm quite happy going the match and talking to my mates about work or shouting abuse at the away fans. The football doesn't need to entertain me personally, but it does need to entertain supporters as a whole in order to remain financially viable

Whether you like that or not, football clubs need to keep selling tickets and the majority of supporters need to be entertained to keep buying them

If that makes those fans "wimps" then tough shit, because it's those "wimps" who subsidise your ticket by actually going the game with you

When I said "wimps", I was attacking the prevailing mentality of fans who give up the moment things aren't going well. That's the time when you need to stick together. I think it was Brownie's analogy (or maybe not) about who you'd want next to you 'in the trenches' as the old saying goes. Some people are so feeble.

We've lost some football games and aren't playing very well.  Most teams don't play good football. Most teams don't win. I want us to do both. Of course I do. But how you can pin that on a manager who's only been here a month and has only bought one player is ridiculous.

You're big on fan engagement. So should the fans be engaged on every managerial appointment until we are all happy?  Because that's the problem here. Most people didn't want Allardyce. That was me too but the way. Some of us have got over it and realise that it's important to pull together and show some patience. Others keep banging on about every week (every day actually) with no actual aim other than just to moan and agree with others that think like them.

January 14, 2018, 05:37:59 PM
Reply #5

ally2

Same dinosaur who is a leader in sports science and player analytics?

Bloody hell, he's had barely a month and the haters are angry he hasn't turned Martina into Messi

Yeah it's ludicrous isn't it?

Basically there's a vast majority of fans on here who don't like Allardyce and it won't matter what he does or says - they'll use anything to have a pop. Proper school playground stuff.

January 14, 2018, 06:04:19 PM
Reply #6

ally2

Who do you hold accountable for our recent performances then?

You're going round spouting shite having constant digs at people for questioning the manager yet you're not offering any a opinion as to who is responsible for the recent inept performances.

Surely you'll agree that when a team doesn't win in six games, failing to have a more than one shot on goal for the majority, the manager has to take the brunt? If not, then I'd like to hear your reasons for absolving that manager of any blame.

I was clear that I didn't want Koeman to go. We were in Europe with money to spend and we blew it that summer. I accept that. I never wanted Everton to be a club with three managers in one season, sacking someone after 10 games when they'd sorted out the Martinez car crash and got us into Europe. I wanted patience. I naively thought we were better than the club's who do all this sacking. I want the club to be unified and supportive because I think that will provide the best framework for success. That's why it annoys me so much when fans turn on a manager who's only been here for one month and made one signing and has had some very tough games.

But to answer your question - yes I think it was bad recruitment. I don't know how much fault that was of Steve Walsh. Scouting networks take years to build don't they?  And players get scouted for years too sometimes. So I also think that could be a reason.

But the broader point here is - why does does everyone have to go around slagging off anyone and everyone and looking to blame?  I think part of it is that expectations have been raised with new ownership, and fans just haven't dealt with that expectation very well. It'll take time. We've regressed if anything so I understand that frustration. But I wouldn't even say these were tough times. In the grand scheme of things we've lost a few games of football and aren't scoring goals. But we have wealthy and ambitious owner at last and we're hopefully moving to a new stadium. That's enough for me to know things are generally on the up.

January 14, 2018, 06:32:55 PM
Reply #7

ally2

No issue with moaning about performances. 5 shots on target in 6 games is utterly, utterly pathetic. Just not into the Allardyce bashing that's all.

January 15, 2018, 03:20:59 AM
Reply #8

ally2

What's this utter nonsense you keep spouting about Allardyce not being able to be judged?

He's been here a couple of months. Is he getting paid to manage the team? Yes he is, so then he will be judged. Your really weird attitude seems to be that this entire season is a free pass and no-one should be able to have an opinion on his performance as manager. Frig that.

You're right to say that plenty of people weren't into getting him, so there are pre-conceived ideas that he has to face. He knows that, and that's not unreasonable. Barring us signing a complete unknown, any manager who comes here would have to deal with preconceptions. The problem is, Sam has done fuck all to challenge them, and in fact a number of games with no shots on target has completely confirmed them.

Basically, I don't think your argument stands up to even the tiniest bit of scrutiny.

Also, can you give us a date in the future that we're allowed to judge Allardyce from, in your esteemed opinion. March? May? August? Christmas? Just let us know. It'll save a lot of wasted comments.

Standard agressive response.  You're displaying that famous lack of self-awareness again.  It's not a good trait.  And you admitted that yourself which makes it worse.

But to answer your question - let me put it this way: If you were drafted into a new job (let's say any field of work for simplicity) in which the team that you were hired to managed were performing badly, then how long would it be until you thought it was fair for others to judge your performance?

January 15, 2018, 04:55:32 AM
Reply #9

ally2

Allardyce is doing what Allardyce does,  shit football with mediocre results. You could give him another 12 months but you're probably only get what he's been doing for the past few decades, shit football with mediocre results.

If we wanted any different we should have hired someone else. Same as @Bluedylan 's hypothetical employer.

Not disagreeing. And I've said I wasn't an Allardyce fan either. So what are we going to do then? One of these days one of you lads will come up with something other than perpetual moaning. And maybe realise that this is a moment in time. A shit moment in time. But we'll get over it, hopefully without anyone crapping their pants in the next 6 months. In the mean time, how about stop blaming someone who is way down the list of people to blame? I don't need or want a list, but a lot of people do, and that's their wish.  It may even help the club if the team knew that fans weren't blaming the manager.