November 19, 2018, 12:51:56 PM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce wants dull Everton to become more boring  (Read 6308 times)

January 14, 2018, 05:17:01 PM
Reply #45

Lxxx

Moshiri read this football dinosaurís autobiography before appointing him.

I donít know who the ire should be directed against to be honest. The uninspiring idiots in charge of football and recruitment or the fool who appointed them?

January 14, 2018, 05:34:21 PM
Reply #46

therealdunc

Same dinosaur who is a leader in sports science and player analytics?

Bloody hell, heís had barely a month and the haters are angry he hasnít turned Martina into Messi
Blue

January 14, 2018, 05:37:59 PM
Reply #47

ally2

Bloody hell, he's had barely a month and the haters are angry he hasn't turned Martina into Messi

Yeah it's ludicrous isn't it?

Basically there's a vast majority of fans on here who don't like Allardyce and it won't matter what he does or says - they'll use anything to have a pop. Proper school playground stuff.

January 14, 2018, 05:44:25 PM
Reply #48

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah it's ludicrous isn't it?

Basically there's a vast majority of fans on here who don't like Allardyce and it won't matter what he does or says - they'll use anything to have a pop. Proper school playground stuff.

Who do you hold accountable for our recent performances then?

You're going round spouting shite having constant digs at people for questioning the manager yet you're not offering any a opinion as to who is responsible for the recent inept performances.

Surely you'll agree that when a team doesn't win in six games, failing to have a more than one shot on goal for the majority, the manager has to take the brunt? If not, then I'd like to hear your reasons for absolving that manager of any blame.

January 14, 2018, 05:46:46 PM
Reply #49

Lxxx

Bloody hell, heís had barely a month and the haters are angry he hasnít turned Martina into Messi

He might be able to tell me the levels of ascorbate in a players blood plasma for recovery but heís not shown me he can put 11 players on a football pitch with the intention of putting the round thing in the oppositions net.

January 14, 2018, 05:47:04 PM
Reply #50

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber

Bloody hell, he's had barely a month and the haters are angry he hasn't turned Martina into Messi

10 years ago maybe. Not anymore.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 14, 2018, 05:55:49 PM
Reply #51

SANA_DR0

lol at Allerdyce..

im kinda confused.. i;ve tried not to post and be too negative and give him a chance (no i dont like him as a person or rate his managerial skills.. the only team i liked of his was the old bolton team, with Okocha.. anyway)

i dont get why, against West Brom & Bournemouth we where so fucking negative and defensive, playing 3 defensive midfielders against teams who are below us and who we should/could be beating if we played to our strengths.Then against Man Utd and Spurs, we where very open and trying to be attacking, leaving us very open at the back..  and inevitably conceding goals..

why keep it tight v crap teams and then be open against good teams ? makes no sense..
feels like we are Koeman levels now, no style, no passion..

why change the clean sheets up for more attacking, when he plays the wrong players? we have wide players who have been decent and the fans want to see more of them.. but instead plays Bolassi again who loses the ball over and over.. bring him on for the last 20 or 30. why start off with 10 fully fit players (9 really if you count McCarthy)

Sams more of a disgrace than Koeman. really didnt think that was possible after Koeman.

Pisses me of a lot more, knowing if we had had Moyes, we wouldbt be spunking away 8 million on Sam, and we would have had someone who knew the club and would give his all.. hell it even looks that Moyes has improoved over the years.

i wonder if we can be like real QPR and sack 2 managers in 1 season.

We need someone who will take us on..push us forwards..
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

January 14, 2018, 06:04:19 PM
Reply #52

ally2

Who do you hold accountable for our recent performances then?

You're going round spouting shite having constant digs at people for questioning the manager yet you're not offering any a opinion as to who is responsible for the recent inept performances.

Surely you'll agree that when a team doesn't win in six games, failing to have a more than one shot on goal for the majority, the manager has to take the brunt? If not, then I'd like to hear your reasons for absolving that manager of any blame.

I was clear that I didn't want Koeman to go. We were in Europe with money to spend and we blew it that summer. I accept that. I never wanted Everton to be a club with three managers in one season, sacking someone after 10 games when they'd sorted out the Martinez car crash and got us into Europe. I wanted patience. I naively thought we were better than the club's who do all this sacking. I want the club to be unified and supportive because I think that will provide the best framework for success. That's why it annoys me so much when fans turn on a manager who's only been here for one month and made one signing and has had some very tough games.

But to answer your question - yes I think it was bad recruitment. I don't know how much fault that was of Steve Walsh. Scouting networks take years to build don't they?  And players get scouted for years too sometimes. So I also think that could be a reason.

But the broader point here is - why does does everyone have to go around slagging off anyone and everyone and looking to blame?  I think part of it is that expectations have been raised with new ownership, and fans just haven't dealt with that expectation very well. It'll take time. We've regressed if anything so I understand that frustration. But I wouldn't even say these were tough times. In the grand scheme of things we've lost a few games of football and aren't scoring goals. But we have wealthy and ambitious owner at last and we're hopefully moving to a new stadium. That's enough for me to know things are generally on the up.

January 14, 2018, 06:11:13 PM
Reply #53

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Sweet baby jesus
How can we be more boring? More defensive?
We are a fucking shambles
Simply simply lovely

January 14, 2018, 06:19:41 PM
Reply #54

SANA_DR0

Sweet baby jesus
How can we be more boring? More defensive?
We are a fucking shambles

i think the stat is.. no shots on target in the first half of the last 5 premier league games.

and some people like Ally are happy with that and moaning at others.. lol

Ally doesnt even want fans to moan about it, he also doesnt think it will effect Everton f.c if fans stop going to the games due to the boring / negative football..

i mean.. really..  we have a lot of young fans, young people want to be entertained (thats why most of the younger football peoples support the attacking teams) if we want to build on our gates/fans/exposure, hell if we want to break into america or be a world wide known team, that will be done with creative players.. not by boring football..

its like watching a movie that you know is going to be shit, has shit actors shit storyline, even tho its been produced by M. Night Shyamalan and had a budget of 10 billion..

no longevity in what we are doing now :(
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

January 14, 2018, 06:32:55 PM
Reply #55

ally2

No issue with moaning about performances. 5 shots on target in 6 games is utterly, utterly pathetic. Just not into the Allardyce bashing that's all.

January 14, 2018, 06:37:09 PM
Reply #56

gizzblue

Steadied the ship maybe....but now he's drilling holes in the hull .
And some supporters are suprised 😅😅😅😅😅

It's Sam Allardyce guys we knew what we were getting no biography needed.
Born not made a blue .

January 14, 2018, 06:48:12 PM
Reply #57

AllyBlue14

Bear in mind, 4 of these last 6 games have been against Chelsea, United, the RS and Spurs. Sure, the West Brom and Bournemouth games were shit, and if that's the pattern as we move forward then questions should start to be raised.

I think one thing we can all agree on is that we were all disappointed to be in a position where Sam Allardyce was even a contender to be our manager. With our new investment, potential new stadium etc., this wasn't in the script. But it does feel like some people have waited for the first signs of trouble to jump on his back - even the good results were only received begrudgingly in some quarters.

With the entertaining thing too, we got 4th place by playing a pretty dry, uninspiring brand of football. Equally, I'm sure when Chelsea won the league under Mourinho they didn't care how they got the results. Obviously, though, if you're football is crap and you're not even getting results, you need to change tack.

He's been brought in with a short-term goal and started off really well - with that, though, you only have a limited honeymoon period because you have to produce good results quickly. There's been a dip in results and we definitely need to improve, that's plain to see. But he's been here for a month and a half and has brought in one player. Put the knives away and get behind the team - if the results and performances are still like this a little while down the line, then that's when he should be criticised.

January 14, 2018, 06:57:00 PM
Reply #58

Rodenplav64

Bloody hell, he’s had barely a month and the haters are angry he hasn’t turned Martina into Messi

What the fuck are you on about ? Where in the fuck is he a leader of anything ? Fine to give him a chance like anyone else until he is sacked in the close season but please stop chatting absolute shite .

January 14, 2018, 07:04:46 PM
Reply #59

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

He was the leader in that twenty fucking years ago
The world's turned since then
Simply simply lovely