November 21, 2018, 02:18:22 AM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce wants dull Everton to become more boring  (Read 6343 times)

January 14, 2018, 11:51:24 PM
Reply #90

bacon sarnie

Watching the shite play against City is just so fuckin depressing. They've clearly got a style, a recruitment strategy and a manager with an ethos and a personaility who players want to play for. Everything we lack.

Its not their fault!

January 14, 2018, 11:54:33 PM
Reply #91

Simon Paul

Administrator
Well for fucks sake, how can he be blamed for owt?

He's the manager. The blame stops with him.

Incidentally, when he took over we were five points above the relegation zone. We are seven above it now.

Not exactly the resurgence you speak of so eloquently.

January 15, 2018, 12:00:29 AM
Reply #92

Ross

Your right, and if anything he went soft yesterday and tried things the players are just not good enough to carry out, he's been left with a fucking mess the last 2 dick heads left us with plus bad steering from upstairs that goes back fuckin decades, up from relegation zone to 9th and still slagged off, you couldn't make it up...

We werenít in the relegation zone when he took over EAB. In fact heís only improved our position by 2 places from where he took charge.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 15, 2018, 12:04:46 AM
Reply #93

eyesalwaysblue

Incidentally, when he took over we were five points above the relegation zone. We are seven above it now.

There is no resurgence just survival, that's all he was brought in for...
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 15, 2018, 12:06:24 AM
Reply #94

eyesalwaysblue

We werenít in the relegation zone when he took over EAB. In fact heís only improved our position by 2 places from where he took charge.
Yep we were flying..

January 15, 2018, 12:12:56 AM
Reply #95

TheTone

Great, really looking forward to the rest of the season now

Just another 13 points needed

January 15, 2018, 12:18:22 AM
Reply #96

Ravardo

Great, really looking forward to the rest of the season now

Just another 13 points needed

13 draws then

January 15, 2018, 12:21:09 AM
Reply #97

TheTone

January 15, 2018, 12:23:45 AM
Reply #98

UnsyisaRhino

Previous managers don't take any?

Or the players? If we play well and the system, style and line up all work but our players make individual errors resulting in us losing. Is it still down to the manager?

January 15, 2018, 12:27:01 AM
Reply #99

eyesalwaysblue

January 15, 2018, 03:20:59 AM
Reply #100

ally2

What's this utter nonsense you keep spouting about Allardyce not being able to be judged?

He's been here a couple of months. Is he getting paid to manage the team? Yes he is, so then he will be judged. Your really weird attitude seems to be that this entire season is a free pass and no-one should be able to have an opinion on his performance as manager. Frig that.

You're right to say that plenty of people weren't into getting him, so there are pre-conceived ideas that he has to face. He knows that, and that's not unreasonable. Barring us signing a complete unknown, any manager who comes here would have to deal with preconceptions. The problem is, Sam has done fuck all to challenge them, and in fact a number of games with no shots on target has completely confirmed them.

Basically, I don't think your argument stands up to even the tiniest bit of scrutiny.

Also, can you give us a date in the future that we're allowed to judge Allardyce from, in your esteemed opinion. March? May? August? Christmas? Just let us know. It'll save a lot of wasted comments.

Standard agressive response.  You're displaying that famous lack of self-awareness again.  It's not a good trait.  And you admitted that yourself which makes it worse.

But to answer your question - let me put it this way: If you were drafted into a new job (let's say any field of work for simplicity) in which the team that you were hired to managed were performing badly, then how long would it be until you thought it was fair for others to judge your performance?

January 15, 2018, 03:40:25 AM
Reply #101

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Standard agressive response.  You're displaying that famous lack of self-awareness again.  It's not a good trait.  And you admitted that yourself which makes it worse.

But to answer your question - let me put it this way: If you were drafted into a new job (let's say any field of work for simplicity) in which the team that you were hired to managed were performing badly, then how long would it be until you thought it was fair for others to judge your performance?

Allardyce is doing what Allardyce does,  shit football with mediocre results. You could give him another 12 months but youíre probably only get what heís been doing for the past few decades, shit football with mediocre results.

If we wanted any different we should have hired someone else. Same as @Bluedylan ís hypothetical employer.

January 15, 2018, 04:55:32 AM
Reply #102

ally2

Allardyce is doing what Allardyce does,  shit football with mediocre results. You could give him another 12 months but you're probably only get what he's been doing for the past few decades, shit football with mediocre results.

If we wanted any different we should have hired someone else. Same as @Bluedylan 's hypothetical employer.

Not disagreeing. And I've said I wasn't an Allardyce fan either. So what are we going to do then? One of these days one of you lads will come up with something other than perpetual moaning. And maybe realise that this is a moment in time. A shit moment in time. But we'll get over it, hopefully without anyone crapping their pants in the next 6 months. In the mean time, how about stop blaming someone who is way down the list of people to blame? I don't need or want a list, but a lot of people do, and that's their wish.  It may even help the club if the team knew that fans weren't blaming the manager. 

January 15, 2018, 05:17:00 AM
Reply #103

eyesalwaysblue

Just been the creamy house  handfull of blues having same arguments, ground will have to be split to avoid blue on blue aggro.

January 16, 2018, 03:11:23 AM
Reply #104

toffee_scot

Nah 3 wins and 4 nil nils, up the ev

Where the hell will those 3 shots on target come from?