August 16, 2018, 08:48:49 PM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce wants dull Everton to become more boring  (Read 5266 times)

January 16, 2018, 03:30:36 AM
Reply #105

Cereal Killer

Where the hell will those 3 shots on target come from?

2 pens and an own goal

January 16, 2018, 03:57:28 AM
Reply #106

Juanito

Not disagreeing. And I've said I wasn't an Allardyce fan either. So what are we going to do then? One of these days one of you lads will come up with something other than perpetual moaning. And maybe realise that this is a moment in time. A shit moment in time. But we'll get over it, hopefully without anyone crapping their pants in the next 6 months. In the mean time, how about stop blaming someone who is way down the list of people to blame? I don't need or want a list, but a lot of people do, and that's their wish.  It may even help the club if the team knew that fans weren't blaming the manager. 

Allardyce is a man that likes to blame the players when he loses, so you should be ok about letting fans blame him, when we record 3 shots on target in our last 4 games of football.

January 16, 2018, 02:44:13 PM
Reply #107

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Excellent statement to come out with whilst trying to persuade attacking players into the club.

Merson said:
Whoever Everton buy, they have to buy pace, theyve not got a lot of pace in the team. He would be a good signing for Everton, very good signing. My question would be would you go to Everton?
People say hes got to play because hes going to the World Cup, I dont see him going to the World Cup. I think hes well down the pecking order. There would have to be a few injuries and hed have to majorly pull up trees at Everton, and the way Everton play, its going to be hard to pull up trees.
The perfect fit, for me, with him would be Bournemouth. They play 4-4-2, they play attacking football, pacey.

Now, it's easy to write that off as being 'only merson'. But that attitude will be rippling throughout the football media, which will start to permeate through to everybody.

Honestly, shit football this year is the least of our concerns with Allardyce in charge long term.

January 16, 2018, 02:45:22 PM
Reply #108

TheTone

Where the hell will those 3 shots on target come from?

1 og, 1 freekick and a dodgy pen

January 16, 2018, 02:48:10 PM
Reply #109

TheTone

January 16, 2018, 03:03:49 PM
Reply #110

Hawkandro

At no one point in the past few matches have I sat there and thought, 'Bloody hell Everton, we need to stop being so cavalier here.'.

I kind of understand what Sam was saying, he wants us to tighten up at the back again, fair enough, but that statement was ludicrous in the extreme. Cannot remember a worse attacking side.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

January 16, 2018, 03:52:29 PM
Reply #111

Macca77

January 16, 2018, 04:11:21 PM
Reply #112

everton1952

It wasn't the wisest statement to make by the manager that's for sure. On the other hand can you imagine the likes of regular choices Lennon, McCarthy, DCL, Gueye, Siggy (playing left back), Davies, Bolassie etc etc getting more than one shot at the goal in any period of 3 months? Those are the players we are lumbered with. You have to be a fantasist to imagine a shot from outside the box from Everton. Our only chances come from corner kicks, just like WBA who we play next.  Now if he stopped playing Siggy as a cover for Cuco then who knows? We might see a few shots from him. Then there is Cenk. I can't see any great change this side of May in the goalscoring department. The Sandro fans have been quiet for a while. Maybe there is a glimmer of hope from him alongside Cenk. Just get the boring 13 points and regroup.