August 19, 2018, 08:10:50 PM

Poll

Koeman in?

Yes
24 (23.1%)
No
80 (76.9%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: Should we have kept Koeman?  (Read 3828 times)

January 15, 2018, 12:32:04 AM
Reply #15

Mayor Farnum

We were backed into a corner by the players deciding they didn't like Koeman and therefore stopping trying. It got to the point were our only choice was to sack him.

January 15, 2018, 12:33:09 AM
Reply #16

Cozzie

Should have kept Moyes.

January 15, 2018, 12:33:31 AM
Reply #17

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
There was bound to be some "joker" no doubt tongue in cheek to ask this. We should have done everything to keep Moyes. That was the start of our downfall. Look at Moyes now. That is ridiculous I know, but in tune with the question, why not reply with something stupid? On the other hand Roberto was harshly dealt with, and the treatment of the fabulous Unsie was a disgrace.
Moyes was two seasons past his best. It was right he went. But our search for a successor is proving very difficult.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

January 15, 2018, 12:34:04 AM
Reply #18

eyesalwaysblue

It's not good when all we have to discuss is the varying degrees of shitness we are or would have been with various managers over the last years...
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 15, 2018, 12:38:06 AM
Reply #19

bogie

hell no

this might sound odd but even some of them big home wins last year were not that great and helped hide just how bad it was

the City game was good but

January 15, 2018, 12:42:29 AM
Reply #20

UnsyisaRhino

He'd lost the players and fans and didnt look like he cared.

He had to go, but his replacement should have been handled better.

January 15, 2018, 12:42:33 AM
Reply #21

bogie

Moyes was two seasons past his best. It was right he went. But our search for a successor is proving very difficult.

not past his best ,past the I wonder if I could
for sure he had been told he was getting the man u job signing a short deal that run out just as he got the job

January 15, 2018, 12:53:30 AM
Reply #22

TheTone

I would say no but the powers that be well and truly bottled it at the time , I remember feeling I wanted moyes out loads of times but Bill and the board kept faith during those shit times and it didn't turn into a disaster

They basically sacked him off with no plan in place for his replacement and cost the club a shit load of money in the process

January 15, 2018, 12:54:06 AM
Reply #23

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Have to say though whoever we had in charge would struggle.

One of the worst equipped squads for modern era football in the prem I think. Our worst and least athletic back four for 15 years+
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 15, 2018, 01:21:49 AM
Reply #24

Juanito

Have to say though whoever we had in charge would struggle.

One of the worst equipped squads for modern era football in the prem I think. Our worst and least athletic back four for 15 years+

Reminded me of Richard Gough at the back but he did a good job.

January 15, 2018, 01:36:20 AM
Reply #25

Thornton_19

No, we just should of
a) had a replacement lined up then or
b) Not panicked and got in Alladyce like a gang of cunts.

January 15, 2018, 01:40:21 AM
Reply #26

Lazarou

No he was right to be sacked. Unfortunately we have made at sideways step at best. The custodians of our club are having a mare and have done for some time.
Everton, ruining the transfer market since summer 2018

January 15, 2018, 01:44:06 AM
Reply #27

Shogun

Administrator
No doubt that we were a mess under him this season, conceding a ridiculous amount of goals but when you look at where we've ended up since sacking him, would you rather we'd have just kept with him until he got his striker in January or are we definitely doing better now?

So 19/23 think we're definitely better off with Allardyce now?

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 15, 2018, 01:51:14 AM
Reply #28

ajax_andy

He didn't care... Didn't get what he wanted in the summer, gave up and waited to be sacked so he could take his huge payout and bugger off to play golf.  If we'd kept him there wouldn't have been a sudden turnaround as he wasn't interested and the players could tell.

Where we want wrong was appointing Allardyce, not sacking Koeman

January 15, 2018, 01:55:31 AM
Reply #29

Major Clanger

So 19/23 think we're definitely better off with Allardyce now?

Of course we're better off. And as soon as Allardyce returns to his defence first approach, we'll start picking up points again.

Though that wasn't really the question, Koeman simply had to go, who we brought in instead is a different question.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel