May 22, 2018, 10:35:22 PM

Poll

Koeman in?

Yes
24 (23.1%)
No
80 (76.9%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: Should we have kept Koeman?  (Read 3462 times)

January 15, 2018, 01:58:58 AM
Reply #30

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
It's a no from me. It shows you how inept the board are tho that this question is even a debate

Simply simply lovely

January 15, 2018, 02:18:34 AM
Reply #31

D3blue

Def right to get rid of him ..he failed to deliver a striker, the 1 task he really had to deliver on, despite knowing long before the summer that Lukaku was off...
But maybe Walsh was responsible for that....

January 15, 2018, 02:25:15 AM
Reply #32

Heisenberg

We bit the bullet to early with allardyce. I thought we was starting to look alright under unsworth, specially his last game! He could have kept us up and it would have been absolutely fantastic to not have Allardyce ruin every weekend for me. We was actually scoring decent amounts of goals under him too

January 15, 2018, 02:25:35 AM
Reply #33

velimski

Never in a million years.

The first 2 or 3 months of the season were the grimmest I've ever witnessed since watching Everton. And that includes the Mike Walker era too.

January 15, 2018, 02:45:18 AM
Reply #34

ajax_andy

We bit the bullet to early with allardyce. I thought we was starting to look alright under unsworth, specially his last game! He could have kept us up and it would have been absolutely fantastic to not have Allardyce ruin every weekend for me. We was actually scoring decent amounts of goals under him too

Allardyce was sat in the stands, they weren't playing for Unsworth that game, they were playing for the new manager

January 15, 2018, 02:46:32 AM
Reply #35

Dr. Sponge

No definitely not. He was part of the decision makers that let our only striker go without having a definite replacement lined up, signed zero left backs, Martina, Klassen and Sandro. Started the season badly and then gradually transformed us into a steaming pile of shit.

We're not looking great at the moment after getting spanked by a few of the top teams, but I don't think Koeman or Unsworth would have got us that decent little unbeaten run that dragged us out of the shit.

January 15, 2018, 02:47:12 AM
Reply #36

Heisenberg

Allardyce was sat in the stands, they weren't playing for Unsworth that game, they were playing for the new manager

I keep hearing this but that's a load of bullshit. In my opinion like. Unsworths team, Unsworths tactics, Unsworths team talks. Nothing to do with Allardyce

January 15, 2018, 02:51:46 AM
Reply #37

ajax_andy

I keep hearing this but that's a load of bullshit. In my opinion like. Unsworths team, Unsworths tactics, Unsworths team talks. Nothing to do with Allardyce

It's nothing to do with that, players finally bucked up their ideas when someone with real authority was watching over them, they were playing for their futures

January 15, 2018, 03:15:23 AM
Reply #38

Shogun

Administrator
Does the striker situation lie at his door?

He put pressure on the board/Walsh to sign a striker and CB during his press conferences in the last week of the window.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 15, 2018, 03:21:26 AM
Reply #39

everton1952

Oh bless the cotton socks of the Unsie fans.

January 15, 2018, 03:21:46 AM
Reply #40

ally2

Well yeah obviously!

January 15, 2018, 03:22:41 AM
Reply #41

Dr. Sponge

He put pressure on the board/Walsh to sign a striker and CB during his press conferences in the last week of the window.

Who knows. The DoF situation has just confused things, but the people who were in the know chose to sack Koeman and not Walsh.

January 15, 2018, 03:23:09 AM
Reply #42

blueski

Probably not. But after he didn't get one it did seem like he cared very little about his job.

Nil Satis

January 15, 2018, 03:26:39 AM
Reply #43

Waltzer

Never wanted him to go so its a yes from me. It was clear what the issues were, we needed a striker and a left back. He stated it on numerous occasions and wasn't wrong. I still find out hard to take that he was the scapegoat and the only one to lose their job despite him clearly highlighted the issues we had, which were true. He could've done things better for sure but I still had confidence.

January 15, 2018, 03:28:13 AM
Reply #44

Heisenberg

It's nothing to do with that, players finally bucked up their ideas when someone with real authority was watching over them, they were playing for their futures

Maybe we should appoint a new manager every game then