December 16, 2018, 06:52:04 PM

Author Topic: Everton v West Brom  (Read 20417 times)

January 15, 2018, 06:51:32 PM
Reply #60

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Shoring up is more likely to be telling the midfield not to move from in front of the back 4.

Could see Lennon in for Bolasie but still expect only 2 DMs.

Part of the reason Holgate / Williams looked better was because they had 5 players right in front of them.

January 15, 2018, 06:56:49 PM
Reply #61

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
It's astonishing what an attacking full back could actually add to our game.

Just look at Aurier the other day, the Spurs fans hadn't really taken to him this season, he had been second choice to Trippier, and he's not world class, but he absolutely battered us.

Hasn't Baines had more assists than any other defender in PL history?
We've been so used to that style for so many years that we're an absolute mess when we can't utilise it.

If we don't try Garbutt there on the weekend then we need to be signing a LB ASAP.

Kenny isn't playing badly on the right, but he's offering very little going forward and isn't quite good enough to take on players like Coleman was (granted he's no way near as shambolic as Martina on the left).
Maybe Martina would provide more of an attacking threat than JJK  if he was played in his natural position?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 07:00:18 PM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 15, 2018, 07:26:54 PM
Reply #62

kramer0

Until we find something else that works, it has to be Gana-Davies-Rooney in midfield.

Any time we've played anything resembling football this season, we've had those three on the pitch.

January 15, 2018, 07:28:55 PM
Reply #63

Dr. Sponge

Think we can forget about Garbutt, he'd have already been training with the first team and in the squad for the last two games. It's halfway through January.

January 15, 2018, 07:49:42 PM
Reply #64

Lxxx

Until we find something else that works, it has to be Gana-Davies-Rooney in midfield.

Any time we've played anything resembling football this season, we've had those three on the pitch.

True. While Davies' form hasn't ben great this season whenever he's played with Rooney he's had the intelligence to move forwards whenever Rooney has dropped deep, giving us more options ahead of the ball. As opposed to Schneiderlin/McCarthy who just look away from Rooney in the hope the ball doesn't go to them.

January 15, 2018, 08:09:34 PM
Reply #65

themilkycoffees

Would be nice to see Sigurdsson play centrally, instead of being wasted on the left. Spurs did this with him and he looked lost, exactly the same as we're doing now. Play him in CAM and he's good, play him elsewhere and it's a waste.

Also, at least one of Lookman or Vlasic needs to play v West Brom. We look absolutely devoid of ideas going forward.

I'd go with

Pickford

Kenny
Holgate
Williams
Martina

Gueye
Rooney
Sigurdsson
Lookman
Vlasic

Tosun

Won't happen, but I can dream.

January 15, 2018, 09:04:11 PM
Reply #66

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I’ve said this before but id even play

Sig Gana Rooney

Sig has work rate and intelligence and has played in CM for Iceland.

Then put

Lennon Tosun Bolassie

Ahead of them

« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 09:11:37 PM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 15, 2018, 09:41:31 PM
Reply #67

D15TIN

------------Pickford

Kenny Holgate Williams Garbutt

----------Rooney Gana

Lennon---Sigurdsson---Lookman

-------------Tosun

Play Rooney deeper against the shit teams at home, hes best performance this season came from that role

- Play Williams & Holgate - the only 2 whove looked a decent partnership this season

- Lennon & Kenny - again look to have a good understanding, play them together

- Drop bolasie for lookman IMO

January 15, 2018, 10:33:21 PM
Reply #68

Lxxx

Iíve said this before but id even play

Sig Gana Rooney

Sig has work rate and intelligence and has played in CM for Iceland.

Then put

Lennon Tosun Bolassie

Ahead of them

I reckon Sig could prolong his career, and enable us to get more value for money out of him over his contract, if he dropped deeper and played centrally. He works his socks off, he's got an eye for a goal and he's quite a tall unit. He also doesn't look lost when the ball is at his feet.

January 15, 2018, 11:00:03 PM
Reply #69

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I reckon Sig could prolong his career, and enable us to get more value for money out of him over his contract, if he dropped deeper and played centrally. He works his socks off, he's got an eye for a goal and he's quite a tall unit. He also doesn't look lost when the ball is at his feet.

For a talented player gets nowhere near the touches on the ball for a cm or 10

Hoping thatís cause weíve got him shunted out left (need to fuck this off ASAP) but if he comes in centrally he needs to get on he ball as much as possible. Demand the touches usually taken up by Gueye / Holgate / Kenny / Martina
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 15, 2018, 11:20:47 PM
Reply #70

SANA_DR0

what id like

Pickford
Kenny     Holgate    Williams   Garbutt

Gueye
        Vlasic                   Rooney
                  Siggurdsson
                  Tosun     DCL

the team that Sam will play cos he wants to be even more boring

Pickford

Kenny  Holgate Jags Williams Keane
      Gueye  McCarthy Schneiderlin
                      Bolassie
                        Lennon

Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

January 15, 2018, 11:47:41 PM
Reply #71

gizzblue

what id like

Pickford
Kenny     Holgate    Williams   Garbutt

Gueye
        Vlasic                   Rooney
                  Siggurdsson
                  Tosun     DCL

the team that Sam will play cos he wants to be even more boring

Pickford

Kenny  Holgate Jags Williams Keane
      Gueye  McCarthy Schneiderlin
                      Bolassie
                        Lennon

If we actually started with your first 11 ..I would shit my kecks for fun.

I would love to see Broto-Sam-us the footy grim reaper even attempt to play that attacking .

We're losing every game anyway ...go fucking attack see what happens at this point there is fuck all to lose ....aside more supporters getting on the anti football agenda bus .
Born not made a blue .

January 16, 2018, 12:22:18 AM
Reply #72

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

We're losing every game anyway ...go fucking attack see what happens at this point there is fuck all to lose ....aside more supporters getting on the anti football appropriate lack of respect  bus .

Of course SA would point out that we werenít losing every game when we really wanted to defend first and foremost ;)

January 16, 2018, 03:16:18 AM
Reply #73

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
If we're actually successful in signing Walcott, you'd have to imagine that would be the end of shunting Sigurdsson out wide.

January 16, 2018, 03:23:00 AM
Reply #74

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
If we're actually successful in signing Walcott, you'd have to imagine that would be the end of shunting Sigurdsson out wide.

Dunno you know!

Where does he play? Only possible position is drop rooney but I donít see that happening!