August 17, 2018, 01:14:14 AM

Author Topic: Everton v West Brom  (Read 17081 times)

January 16, 2018, 03:31:52 AM
Reply #75

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Hasn't Walcott mostly played on the right though?
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 16, 2018, 03:36:45 AM
Reply #76

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
If we're actually successful in signing Walcott, you'd have to imagine that would be the end of shunting Sigurdsson out wide.

More likely to drop Bolasie.

I donít think itís necessary to have two wide, wide players either as long as the one who is the wide player stretches the other team over to that side.

January 16, 2018, 03:53:15 AM
Reply #77

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Dunno you know!

Where does he play? Only possible position is drop rooney but I donít see that happening!

Well that's the question, someone is getting dropped though. I'd imagine he'd be in the side straight away. Maybe Bolasie gets brought in more slowly perhaps. I was imagining we'd actually be playing with Bolasie and Walcott though...you'd imagine longer term that'd be the plan at least.

I think some of best games have been with Rooney in the team, yet I still remain unconvinced that he's the solution that we need in that area.

January 16, 2018, 04:04:57 AM
Reply #78

SANA_DR0

Vlasic has shown more for us than Bolassie has since he has been in here..

he offers no cover for the full backs, and when he gets the ball instead of using his pace to go past people, he does tricks and fucks up(cos tricks work when your match sharp)

Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

January 16, 2018, 04:08:44 AM
Reply #79

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Id play Vlasic.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

January 16, 2018, 04:21:05 AM
Reply #80

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not a big fan of Bolasie, I do think Walcott would easily be the most PL ready winger we have if he came in though so he'd be starting. Vlasic and Lookman have been promising in moments.

I think we need a better solution that Sigurdsson pushed wide though.

January 16, 2018, 04:24:50 AM
Reply #81

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not a big fan of Bolasie, I do think Walcott would easily be the most PL ready winger we have if he came in though so he'd be starting. Vlasic and Lookman have been promising in moments.

I think we need a better solution that Sigurdsson pushed wide though.

As said I donít mind Sigurdsson our there but it really should only be with a left footed LB.

January 16, 2018, 04:30:48 AM
Reply #82

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
As said I donít mind Sigurdsson our there but it really should only be with a left footed LB.

Well certainly yes, that'd make a difference...depending on the LB we (maybe) get in I suppose.

I still think Sigurdsson is better played centrally though coming into the box.

January 16, 2018, 04:34:40 AM
Reply #83

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Dunno you know!

Where does he play? Only possible position is drop rooney but I donít see that happening!

Walcott, Rooney, sigurdson.

Goals galore in that for an attacking three.

Shame walcotts hamstring will go asap, Rooney will hit the bottle and Sigurdsson will do his knee.

January 16, 2018, 05:02:02 AM
Reply #84

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Walcott, Rooney, sigurdson.

Goals galore in that for an attacking three.

Shame walcotts hamstring will go asap, Rooney will hit the bottle and Sigurdsson will do his knee.

Don’t like the Sigurdsson our left thing. Watching mata do it for United makes me more comfortable I just think we’re missing out on Sigurdsson by not just forcing him to be on the ball constantly on the edge of the box as much as possible. Will force him into shooting more and trying more.

I’d prefer what most other top Prem sides have which is insane pace and a goal threat. Mane, Sterling, Sanchez, Sane, Rashford, Martial, Salah - someone of that ilk is our next buy after LB and passing CM I hope. Superstar attacker who bring Goals, threat, pace, assists, shots outside the box and poaching runs at the back post inside it at decent age.

Those are the players this era is defined by IMO, ever since Ronaldo and we’ve not had one since Kanchelskis which is unreal.

Should have been in/should be in for Redmond (and tried to coach him to do sterling style runs into the box.), Zaha, Rashford loan if United buy 2x attackers, Mikhtarian loan, Mahrez, Lanzini, Arnautovic...even whisper it Antonio isn’t a terrible idea tbh...

Potential in Lookman and if Bolasie can have an eliphany but most of those lads above get 8,9,10+ non pen Goals in the prem a year, Bolassie has 10 in his career.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 01:56:45 PM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 16, 2018, 05:16:53 PM
Reply #85

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Dunno you know!

Sigg at 10 and Rooney alongside Gueye... could work against shittier teams

January 16, 2018, 05:22:10 PM
Reply #86

Ross

Sigg at 10 and Rooney alongside Gueye... could work against shittier teams

Further back Rooney plays the more potential exposure youíre placing on a defence even against the lesser teams.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 16, 2018, 05:23:00 PM
Reply #87

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Gueye Rooney
Sigurdsson
Walcott Tosun Bolasie

Never happen in a month of sundays like but on paper it looks decent

Rooney interchangeable with Davies, DCL can cover any of the front 3
Simply simply lovely

January 16, 2018, 05:37:45 PM
Reply #88

Lxxx

Further back Rooney plays the more potential exposure you’re placing on a defence even against the lesser teams.

I'm not sure there is a place needed to be found for Rooney anymore. I get the impression he inhibits players like Sig by just being on the pitch, not just because he's stood on his toes all game but his presence as well. I don't deny he's had a decent first half of the season but we as a team haven't and that's the main objective. We paid £45m for a player who plays in his position, time to see what he can do behind a proper striker and wide players with an attacking threat.

January 16, 2018, 05:58:51 PM
Reply #89

Ross

I'm not sure there is a place needed to be found for Rooney anymore. I get the impression he inhibits players like Sig by just being on the pitch, not just because he's stood on his toes all game but his presence as well. I don't deny he's had a decent first half of the season but we as a team haven't and that's the main objective. We paid £45m for a player who plays in his position, time to see what he can do behind a proper striker and wide players with an attacking threat.

Yeah one or the other behind the main striker. Sigurdsson out wide is waste of a shirt and Rooney deep is a liability with his sloppy passing in front of an already over exposed defence.

Problem is Sigurdsson has got to start because heís our £45m trophy buy and Rooneyís our vanity project and highest earner who every manager kowtows to.

The most frustrating part is it was obvious in the summer that thereíd be this problem yet Koeman pushed for both players while more urgent areas of the squad were left to decline.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.