May 26, 2018, 03:50:43 AM

Author Topic: Everton v West Brom  (Read 15228 times)

January 16, 2018, 05:59:13 PM
Reply #90

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Rooney hasnt got the legs to play further back centrally, he has been a liability there - he needs to be right bang in the middle behind a good (or two) strikers, unfortunately Sigurdsson will have to play there if we want to have width and a stable defence. Imo, its Rooney or Sig, not both for the tougher games - and I would have to go Sig, as he can track back a lot more.

Teams can have a free reign with Everton at the moment, they can push us back and put us under pressure (as we have no pacey outlet to punish them). They can sit back and hit us on the break, as all our centre backs, even Keane are slow, as wel as Schneiderlin and Davies being slow, and Sig and Rooney not the quickest. It doesnt help when most of our team cant pass, or play long balls up to their defenders. We need balls played into space for wingers to run onto and pull defences apart, we need support when Tosun wins the knock downs, or turns and looks for... nobody. We need to stop getting 2/3rds up the pitch, then passing back to mid, then to the keeper, then lumping it. Our coaching is shoite, actual tactics are shoite, and half of our players are actually shoite.

Adding Walcott is a small improvement, but an improvement nonetheless. Tosun looks already like he is going to be a hardworking handful, that we know can score. Lookman and Vlasic need to get a chance imo, and for them to do that, we need a proper central mid who does not give the ball away every 5 minutes - I would put n'Zonzi right at the top of the list once we have a proven left back.

January 16, 2018, 06:07:20 PM
Reply #91

Lxxx

Has to try Garbutt left back for me. We're at home, West Brom will be set up for us to break them down and everything we do comes down the right. This'll be the easiest coaching preparation Pardew will ever be likely to do unless we at least attempt to operate with two sides of the pitch.

We all know the lad isn't great but he has a left foot, can get down the byeline and he'll offer width on the overlap. If you're going to blood a lad then at home to West Brom would be up there for as good a game as any. But he won't. It'll be Cuco, two defensive midfielders and I've just wasted 30 seconds of my life writing that.

January 16, 2018, 06:12:09 PM
Reply #92

dunkster

What's oviedo up to nowadays?
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

January 16, 2018, 06:23:52 PM
Reply #93

Cereal Killer

What's oviedo up to nowadays?

Helping guide Sunderland to League One

January 16, 2018, 07:53:09 PM
Reply #94

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Apparently Rooneys passing stats have been good for difficult passes and shite for easy ones. Makes sense when watching him, can still spread a ball beautifully but so often just boots it directly to an opposing midfielder.

Hes probably just not a midfielder really, which says volumes about us because hes our best CM on the ball.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 16, 2018, 08:18:54 PM
Reply #95

Cozzie

Hoping for this team

-------------Pickford-------------

Kenny-Holgate-Williams-Martina

--------Gueye---Rooney---------

Walcott---Siggurdson---Bolasie

-------------Tosun----------------

Wont be like, will be Rooney in the middle for Bolasie and Sig on the left annoyingly.

January 16, 2018, 08:22:24 PM
Reply #96

therealdunc

Rooney and Bolasie need dropping for their complete inability to pass the ball on Saturday.

Their offensive (inside opponents half) passing stats were shocking.

Blue

January 16, 2018, 08:31:21 PM
Reply #97

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Bolasie should not be playing, never mind on the left.

Not because he's a bad player, he just isn't fully fit, would rather see Vlasic or Lookman on the left.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 16, 2018, 09:18:53 PM
Reply #98

Lxxx

Bolasie needs to be a sub for the foreseeable. His lack of fitness means he'll have a much better chance of delivering something of note against tired defenders in the last 20 minutes than fresh defenders from the off.

January 16, 2018, 10:11:17 PM
Reply #99

D15TIN

Rooney can play deep, his best performance came there against west ham - I just wouldn't play him there against the top sides. Sigurdsson should be given a run as the number 10 now.

January 17, 2018, 02:15:22 AM
Reply #100

School of Science

Not because he's a bad player, he just isn't fully fit, would rather see Vlasic or Lookman on the left.

Catch22 though in it, has to play to get match fitness, if he starts he still shouldn't be finishing games just yet, that's where Lookman and Vlasic should come in.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

January 17, 2018, 02:23:59 AM
Reply #101

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

I'd rather he start, give a good hour then be took off

Simply simply lovely

January 17, 2018, 02:36:36 AM
Reply #102

sam of the south

Vlasic was rarely making the bench before Walcott arrived, now he will find it even more difficult.

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 17, 2018, 05:30:50 AM
Reply #103

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Apparently Rooneys passing stats have been good for difficult passes and shite for easy ones. Makes sense when watching him, can still spread a ball beautifully but so often just boots it directly to an opposing midfielder.

Hes probably just not a midfielder really, which says volumes about us because hes our best CM on the ball.

Welp.

https://twitter.com/mixedknuts/status/953306780867670016
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 17, 2018, 05:33:44 AM
Reply #104

sam of the south

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them